Look at this. We could have built a new Krypton in this squalor, but you choose the humans over us...

>Look at this. We could have built a new Krypton in this squalor, but you choose the humans over us. I exist only to protect Krypton.That is the sole purpose for which I was born, and every action I take, no matter how violent or how cruel, is for the greater good of my people. And now, I have no people. My soul—that is what you have taken from me!

So....can we agree that Zod is the best capeshit villain put on screen?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=giM4Nn5Xc2M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The guy from ant-man

>best capeshit villain

right up there with best Eva Green non-nude role.

I don't understand why he felt he had to do it on earth, why couldn't he have just taken the codex and rebuilt krypton on literally any other planet so he wouldn't have to kill billions of sentient beings because "lol who cares i'm already here, it would take like a week to travel to another star I don't have time for that"

Wait.

Wasnt he a rogue or something and thats why he was imprisoned in that crystal?

Also how is Superman fault the destruction of Krypton?

I wouldn't consider him a villain.

The sins of the father shall be visited upon the son, Jor-El hid the DNA stuff in Clark, Clark wouldn't allow him to use it which in the process would kill all life on Earth, so by Zod's reasoning Clark is evil.

>Also how is Superman fault the destruction of Krypton?
it wasn't, but Zod wanted to reverse terraform earth to turn it into a new krypton which would wipe out humanity, and superman was trying to prevent him from doing that

nevermind the fact that earth was already habitable for kryptonians, and it fucking gives them superpowers. But he apparently didn't want superpowers because they take a few years to learn how to use, it's easier to just kill billions.

how is observe and report?

I see.

Btw so their plan was to fucked the shit out of that Kryptonian girl to repoblate the earth?

I havent seen MoS, im talking from my experience with the old superman movies.

Nope, joker is.
Zod had no depth whatsoever, dude was over the top as fuck, him yelling doesn't mean he has emotional depth

it was established in the movie that kryptonians suffer heavily under earth's atmosphere. martha kent talks about how clark had difficulty breathing as an infant because of it, and there was that whole scene where kid clark has a sensory overload in school - which was also experienced by zod and faora. zod didn't want the new generation of kryptonians to grow up suffering like kal-el did.

>Sauron

hahahahhahaha

He had a fucking space ship and teraforming devices. He could have picked another planet easily.

>Amy

How does you justify her killing her stalker?

>What's terraforming?

In the movieverse, live births are not prohibited. There is something called the matrix for them that decides who is going to be what in life when they are born. So everyone is born as test tube babies basically. Kal El was basically the first live birth in a long time which is what his parents wanted for him, to be able to chose his own destiny.

Sauron is more deserving of that list than anyone else

It's good. Really dark and weird - but everyone assumed it was similar to Paul Blarp Mall Blarp when it came out

nah, in MoS all kryptonians were planned organisms made in a lab from extensively engineered DNA and superman was the first naturally conceived child in a really long time, which in Zod's eyes made him an abomination at best.

The ship he came on had a codex of Kryptonian data which included lots of the genetic data for making new kryptonians, that was what they were after so they could make a new Krypton. They also however were not interested in sharing earth with humanity which is the real source of the conflict.

But his parents were both test tube babies, so didn't they know exactly what kind of baby they would have?

>terraform
>terra

Why are the Kryptonians trying to make Earth more Earth-like?

Wasn't the codex part of superman or some shit? I'm pretty sure the ship they found didn't help with anything hence the reason they wanted to kill him.

The Bugs legitimately did 'do nothing wrong' though.

TELL THAT TO DIZZY'S SNAPPED STERNUM

Well I'm sure their science knows how birth works. But instead of having all traits dictated for you in genetic engineering birth, they chose to have a natural birth where things are left to chance.

It was in Superman's DNA.

This parents embedded the matrix inside him so technically, he housed all the potential and genetic history of the entire kryptonian race.

>Lucifer
>does nothing wrong

It was a fight for survival.

Lucifer was pretty bro in Constantine.

Lex Luthor, Zod and Kilgrave are the objective best live action capeshit villains

zod was pretty based not gonna lie senpai

>Roark Junior from Sin City
>dindu nuffin

explain this one to me. because he was after the lolis?

>zod didn't want the new generation of kryptonians to grow up suffering like kal-el did.
OMG MOM I CAN SEE THROUGH WALLS AND LIFT BUSES HELP ME IM SUFFERING!

More like an entire population of individuals who would have traumatic childhoods and may end up being unstable who also have the ability to singlehandedly DESTROY the entire planet.

I'll say this, when it comes to casting your capeshit villain, the Shan man cannot be topped.

>Magneto
>nothing wrong

What's even funnier is that despite the roles he's chosen for the guy is for wacky and down to Earth, I wish I could find the fucking interview where he's playing with his Zod toy and talking about going to a hoot nanny

Stormare fucking nailed it.

I wanted a spinoff with his Lucifer...

Yeah Michael "The Pussy Cannon" Shannon gives the best interviews and comes in strong with the bantz, i know what you're talking about.

I really hope when you say "Lex Luthor", you're thinking about Clancy Brown.

No, Jesse Eisenberg from BvS

Jesse Eisenberg did a good job.

kek no

>Winter Soldier
>Baron Zemo
>Iron Monger
>Loki
>TDK Joker
>Ra's Al Ghul
>Doc Oc

are all better.

oh and Magneto, at any given time. he's the true greatest capeshit film villain of all time.

>Quaritch
>nothing wrong

Yeah let's just give the blue faggots like three weeks to unite and prepare while I fly our one giant bomb over in this massive and extremely vulnerable megaplane.

Humanity Fuck Yeah!

>all kryptonians born here will be literal gods
>TERRAFORM THIS PLANET IMMEDIATELY

also reminder that MoS fucks up extensively and establishes atmosphere grants/negates superpowers.

I liked how they went out of their way to retcon that in BvS.

Two movies into you're cinematic universe and you're already retconing. But I guess in a way that's faithful to the source material.

how did they retcon? I forgot

He was dead after he flew doomsday into space and got nuked. But then the sun came around and it restored him to life.

did you ever notice how his armor is to protect him from getting his neck snapped and then he takes it off and superman breaks his neck.

how did that retcon though? that's still atmosphere's / sun granting superpowers

that didn't retcon anything.

The sun "revives" him after he destroys the world engine in MoS.

Because Krypton is actually in hell

Jesse Eisenberg did a terrific job

>The sun "revives" him after he destroys the world engine in MoS.

Uh, no, that was the atmosphere returning to earth normal as a result of the worldengine ceasing it's terraforming functions.

Putting him in hard vacuum and having the sun revive him retcons what was a huge fuckup in MoS.

Why would he terraform Earth when it gave him fucking superpowers?

should have worked with humans, increase their tech to the point where they can build new ships, then scope out new potential worlds

Kent Mansley should have at least allowed the military to lure the Iron Giant away from population centers before nuking it. He was too hasty.

>Uh, no, that was the atmosphere returning to earth normal as a result of the worldengine ceasing it's terraforming functions.
Uh, no. he probably was nowhere near where the world engine had affected, it's why he could fly from metropolis to the indian ocean in a few minutes, but could barely fly in the eye of the world engine, it was literally the sun revitalizing him.

the sun gives them superpowers.

It's both, the atmosphere helps, but it's mostly the sun.

Either way, it makes perfect sense for Zod's chracter.

So by DCU logic a subterranean villain could beat Superman?

how do you figure that?

if he takes supes away from the sun for enough time, yes.

pretty fucking stupid then

More likely, if he did that while also doing enough damage to him to actually seriously weaken him.

Supes wouldn't just lose all power if he's not exposed to the sun's rays for a while.

I disagree.
TDK Joker is the best villain.

Why the hell did he need to terraform earth?

>He needed the sun to give him powers.

Mars is right there and it doesn't have people to fly cargo planes into your shit.

>FUCK YOU! *flees theater in tears*

Who was that guy and how did he get in here with the no singles rule.

What was even his plan? to get batman to kill him?

it would need a fight that goes on about weeks or months under the earth and supes enemy needs to be atleast his strength.

autism

He sounds like Baffleck

>to get batman to kill him?
What?

>I'm gonna make every police officer and loved one in town kill themselves, then I'm gonna rape your sister FOREVER unless you decide to be my sex-slave and my muscle!

And all in the most likable charming accent.

Did you watch TDK? It seemed like the whole film he was just trying to do shit to make Batman go over the line and kill him.

Why did he show Superman a high-tech slideshow of the skulls of all his friends as a way of trying to convince him he was a good guy?

If the show was just a tiny bit less anti-man then it would've been better.

Too over the top in the man hate.

If they don't get another strong actor and strong villain for s2 then the show will severely hurt and they'll complain.

I see.

Next Season was confirmed for multiple villains, but to top Tennant they have a steep hill to climb.

>Too over the top in the man hate.
That's not what the show is about at all though, if anything it was objective, most of the women were portrayed as complete scum.

to be honest, so long as they do Punisher's series well I don't care if all the others go to shit

>tfw the punisher series will almost certainly have 3 hours of filler in shitty uninteresting side-characters

Name a single male character that was good other than Luke Cage.

>that one scene at at the bar with the punching game

that scene makes me cringe to watch. it's like how an ugly SJW imagines bar flirting

Luke Cage was one of the worst characters though.

The only good characters were Kilgrave, Nuke and Hogarth

>Old Cop
>Daredevil's friend Cop
>Neighbor idiot

Aside from Patsy and Night Nurse not a single other female was a "good guy".

If they are so powerful why didn't they have chosen Venus or Mars?

Oh and the old cop.

No life there, not naturally habitable.

i meant good as in morally good / good people.

I agree with you on good characters

Old cop refused to do anything to help the women and covered up the stuff he did to protect himself.

I'm not remembering daredevil friend cop, pic?

neighbor idiot? the guy that was informing on her and a drug addict, then switched and became subservient to make up for it?

As for good, then Luke/Hope/
Nuke was mostly a good guy at first iirc.

Daredevil's cop friend, aka the guy foggy gives cigars to, he's barely in it though.

They had space suits, they could have very easily terraformed Mars. Venus would have fucked their shit up though.

>check the weather
>raining molten lead
>pressure of 93 atmospheres
>700K, oh looks like it's sweater weather today

>having an entire population of people that can literally destroy your world is a good thing.

Also you can't just terraform any planet. Mars is for example is smaller, has a dead core, thus no protection from solar winds, radiation, and meteoroids. Earth is the only candidate within millions of light years.

>Old cop refused to do anything to help the women
He did his job well and aided Jessica when she needed it and stopped her when she was off the rails.

> daredevil friend cop
He's the one that comes in and releases Jessica when she's trying to get convicted of murder, then under mind-control pulls a gun on old Cop. He otherwise is always a good guy, see daredevil.

>neighbor idiot
No I meant the Ginger that had a crush on Jessica and baked her tons of food despite her being a shit to him. But Crack head guy too was a good guy in the end, just not to Jessica when She was being a shitter.

I'll give you TDK joker, but the rest are far worse.

>Also you can't just terraform any planet.
Trying to put rules in a movie about aliens who get powers from the sun's rays.

Dur let's fuck up this planet that works for us right now because Duuuuuuuuuuur.

Get the fuck out of here, Zack.