As being as objective as possible, what would you say is the greatest civilization or country in human history and why?

As being as objective as possible, what would you say is the greatest civilization or country in human history and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1sGFN_2GmPE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Egypt, they build the pyramids n shit.

The Roman Republic

Where? Anywhere in pic related. When? right now. So yea pretty much modern western civilisation

And before that obviously European civilisation, from Rome through to the colonization of Americas.

Spain because of how they domesticated the horse and invented gunpowder and spread Catholic values.

Is OP that huge Hittite hill-fort stronghold fortress of solitude?

Isn't that the prison in Mexico that El Chapo escaped from?

Byzantine. No doubt about it

Western civilization contributed the most to humanity.

Abos

Israel because God.

>Eastern Europe border
>heavily guarded border zone
Yes goy, literally the same as the DMZ.

And I can think of arguments as to why China or Japan or even the ancient middle east could have spawned the greatest civilization.

British Empire in 1800s

Rome circa 100 AD

If Rome never fell we would have colonies on Pluto by now

this desu, or roman republic

As much as it pains me to say it, being Irish and all, I'd go with the British Empire.

Poland

Took what's best from Rome

Took what's best from Greece

Took what's best from christianity

Rejected modern philosophy

Rome never fell. It shifted into a theocracy. Where it continues on to this very day. There's even an Eastern empire that survives.

>Irish

>Has British flag

you mean through to ww2, right?

Spain, other colonyfags just piggybacked off of their success.
I guess the anglos won in the end, though. Where did everything go so wrong for them?

Rome fell apart thanks to corrupt politicians.

But of course Americans would never think of that.

American Empire. Now shut up and eat your burger.

I admire the mesopotamians
if wasn't for them western civilization wouldn't have started

Based. But I'll still say the Roman Empire.

Sumerian ziggurat

Part of Ireland is in Britain.

Its a hugely complicated concept so i wont go into the schematics.

We are not the greatest civilisation. Although the industrial revolution is one of the greatest achievements which we started and led.

>I'm a spastic yank that doesn't know about Northern Ireland
The worst thing the Brits ever did was birth you lot. And they fucking genocided my country.

Chinese, obviously.

The British because they spread some of the best values of humanity the furthest

t. Maori

Egypt
Babylon
Greco-Rome
British empire
American empire

Probably Atlantis, that's why G-d destroyed it

The British Empire was the peak of human civilisation

The Krauts, what they did in a few decades and space magic.
The krauts were right all along.

Roman Republic/Empire

Roman Empire is the reason why Rome fell, because of excessive culture mixing

greeks cause science, philosophy, architecture and so on

romans were thieving murdering shekel loving backstabbing cunts - something like germans were and americunts turned into

The Keltic civilisations. I'm serious.

America does not have an empire. You have a sphere of influence but have never actually had an empire.

Rome fell because of it's size (logistic issues of governance) and huge influx of foreign migration.

Culture mixing was a strength because they managed to take the best out of every other culture they conquered.

The brits didn't genocide Ireland, they genocided Scotland.

Says who?

If America has an empire then it's not what I'd call a "great civilisation of history". Literally the number one purveyor of degeneracy world wide

You're dumb, do you know how man Irish and Scottish people traveled to the new world as well?

Well for a start wikipedia does not even have an article on it.

Not disputing the level of americas power. Just you dont have an empire.

No. Its Roman culture became less homogenous because of the amount of foreigners

None.

youtube.com/watch?v=1sGFN_2GmPE

Atlantis

I wish they'd genocided you.

Why does your country get two fucking different names, Britain AND England? Make up your fucking minds on what you want to be called already.

Britain/England is so snowflake.

I think the objectively right answer to this question is the Roman Empire.

Roman culture was homogenizing as fuck though, they took men from every race and creed and made them Roman to the core in a single generation. This wasn't modern 'multiculturalism' no matter how leftist historical revisionists try to paint it as such. If you lived in Roman territory, you lived by Roman law.

By the 5th century the Roman Army was mainly non-Roman by race yet their discipline and martial ability was as vaunted as ever despite being underfunded and overstretched far more than any 1st century Legion. If they'd relied only on ethnic Romans, they'd have been fucked, by that time most ethnic Romans were rich, soft and too involved in politics to be interested in service, Roman men cut off their thumbs rather than serve in the Legions.

The Roman Empire was killed by corruption, civil war and weak leaders, and even then it proved resilient enough as a society to limp on for centuries after losing it's preeminence.

Say what you want about religion, but humans have built some amazing shit because of it.

Also Rome and China.

>ur dumb
Still wish they'd genocided you.

USA 1980 - 9/10/2011

no wikipedia article therefore no empire. sorry burger such is life

This picture is so dumb.

Don't be silly. We have hundreds of military bases all over the world, including your country.

We also have numerous colonies, Puerto Rico, american Samoa, etc.

We used to have Panama and Cuba too, but decided to give them away for some fucking reason.

China probably.

Western empires are flashes in the pan compared to then.

>you will die before realistic virtual reality simulations of old civilizations are possible
I truly envy my future historian bros.

Daily reminder that the Scots essentially invited the Edward to come rule Scotland prior to the (almost entirely fictional) events of Braveheart because they were tired of their constant civil wars and petty assassinations and wanted a strong king to sort shit out for them, then got upset when they realised he wasn't just going to do all the hard work of sorting their shitty country out and then fuck off south again.

Edward I 'Hammer of the Scots' of England did nothing wrong.

I thought it was hyperinflation, mismanagement of territory and money.

9/11 didn't change America THAT drastically you pleb.

>Mad br cuz you aren't included

ziggurats are God tier.

He didn't even mention 9/11. He mentioned its 10th anniversary for some reason.

What happened on the 9th of October 2011?

Vikings - just because they were tough enough to dare cross the atlantic to Iceland and Greenland in small boats.

The British Empire

Greece

America 1915 to 1955
The wars and the american dream pushed the brightest people from around the world to travel to the new world,
and their culminated efforts allowed america to rise as a great nation and created the intellectual environment for the most academic progress ever felt in history. It is a testament not just to american greatness (for creating the environment and society where the human mind could flourisb the most readily while other countries could not, due to the war), but western and white greatness

Everyone telling "Rom" is just shows how uneducated they are about WORLD history, or rather - how Europe centured education is in western world, for which purposes rest of the world might have not existed until colonial age.

Rom`s only achievement is creating somewhat lasting empire. Even Alexandr of Makedon conquered more lands than Roman Empire had. While the roman culture was important for europe and development of western civilization - during roman time it was actually quite stale for longest periods - rapid development in begining, than barely any for centuries. Most of science and culture were appropriated from Helenic culture - which is by far more important and culturally impactful civilization, than Rom itself: which merely emulated it on large part.

2000 years before rom there already were first Chinese dynasties, and 200bd-400ad, a life time of Roman Empire - china was MUCH more advanced civilization: both in terms of culture, litteracy, trade, military science and tech. Litterally hundreds of years ahead of Europe in some aspects

About 400AD both Rom and China pretty much fell apart. Golden Age of China came later though 600-900 AD, while Europe was in its Dark Ages.

Until pretty much 15th century, China was by far the most advanced civilization, also with its share of constant troubles (also Europe at time had it even worse at times). At colonial age the tide turned, and western world won itself advantage by exploiting the resources and population of colonies rest of the world still cant catch up, since it allowed first entrance to Industrial age later, and thus big leap in technology - resulting in currently west being dominant.

Ramsey I know you are in here you neck beard

Lol no, Rome fell because of degeneracy
we would be sucking each others dicks

Sumner Empire

>cities
>agriculture

Kick started humanity off from being hunter/gathers

DVD-ROM

'rom is fall'

'no'

>rom
but nice ivan

>Alexandrovski conquered more lands than CD rom

You forgot when Greece took Iceland

The British Empire

Don't you mean the Ottoman Empire/ Turkey?

Its Imperium Romanum, not Romenum. Even city name is Roma.

you're both triggering me with the "alexandrovski" shit

>american education

>This wasn't modern 'multiculturalism' no matter how leftist historical revisionists try to paint it as such. If you lived in Roman territory, you lived by Roman law.
This. Integration and assimilation.

the American empire from the east coast of north America with muskets and horses to the moon in spaceships within 200 years something that has never been done in the history of man . Francis Bacon said it was going to be the new Atlantis in the 1520s he was right .

China was a clusterfuck of warring dynasties, and while they were fairly well off technologically they were and still are irrelevant in the stage of human progress

Thailand, Taiwan and even Vietnam want in on this, this isn't a "no entry" club of whites only, you can earn your way in, Korea and Japan show that.

Why should we feel guilt for our ancestor's success?

>Le China was more advanced that Rome meme

Han China a shit.

Fancy pottery and fabrics =/= Civilisational greatness. It was more advanced in some areas but not any that count as an 'achievement'.

Rome at it's height build structures that would have baffled Chinese architects, the Chinese army was conscription based for most of it's 'golden age' and didn't have seige engines or drills anywhere near as advanced as Romes.

The Eastern Roman legal system has become inspiration for modern legal systems the world over, not the fucking Chinese one.

It also administered a smaller population than Rome and no Chinese city ever rivalled Rome or Constantinople at their heights.

You're just parroting something 'Muh Diversity' idiots like to claims so they can feel smugly superior over others because THEY aren't afflicted by horrible, white cishet Eurocentrism.

Depends on how you mesure it

if you think that civilization that ruled longest - then ofc Egypt have no competitors - 5000 years where on second place is Roman with only about 1000 years of rule.

if you think greatness is mesured with number of accomplishments, then modern civilization ofc

if you count by overwinning against all odds, then ancient greek must be - winning with few thousands army against nearly million persian army or russian states during 1200-1300 winning against Golden Horde

objectively china, subjectively christian europe

ITT romeboos general

learn chinese history dumb white dog

Confederate States of America, 1862

Chukchi

>guy says China was the most advanced until 15th century
>you post a picture that is about advancement after 1400.

Well done retard.

The United States, pre Civil War.

We were on our way to having almost no government. Then we had a Civil War followed by 2 world wars that let the government expand its power infinitely.

We almost did it lads, maybe the next great civ will finally achieve a stateless society

>Egypt have no competitors - 5000 years where on second place is Roman with only about 1000 years of rule.

"Egypt" was many different civilizations, not one civilization.