Why the fuck is Ride considered the third band in the "holy trinity" of shoegaze bands? They fucking suck

Why the fuck is Ride considered the third band in the "holy trinity" of shoegaze bands? They fucking suck.
Why can't it just be two bands (MBV and Slowdive)?

Are they? I see MBV and Slowdive mentioned as a pair more often than I see all three together.

Opinions exist. And yours happens to be in the minority

>Why the fuck is Ride considered the third band in the "holy trinity" of shoegaze bands? They fucking suck.

Fully agree. Fuck "shoegaze" as a genre. There are MBV and Slowdive, that's it.

ride is just britpop with reverb

the three represent 3 somewhat different directions the genre took with different influences. mbv was post-punk influenced, they wanted to experiment with sound. slowdive liked 4ad bands so they went in a more ambient dream pop direction. ride liked krautrock and their music sounds more traditionally psychedelic, with messy bluesy guitar solos and shit like that. also they made the most accessible sound of the 3.

slowdive sucks too

Accurate. It's all objective in the end.

exactly.

it didn't "go" anywhere beyond them. all "shoegaze bands" afterwards are just tepid indie rock band copyists.

"shoegaze" starts and ends with MBV and Slowdive. everything else is just a weak exercise in tropes.

Should be MBV, Slowdive and Curve

You're an idiot. Please feel free to pull your head out of your ass and listen to some more music.

>Alison's Halo
>Engineers
>Curve
>Lush
>Loop
>SPC ECO
>Cheatahs
>Wye Oak
>Tokyo Shoegazer
>Flying Saucer Attack
>Sweet Trip
>Ulrich Schnauss
>Cheatahs
>LSD & the Search for God
>Candy Claws

Etc:

lol who are you quoting senpai, just a quick history lesson for OP

do you consider these band shoegaze?

do you not?

Yes

>my attentionspan is too short for progressive music

Buttrock shoegaze is the fucking best

What ever happened to Eggman? :o

This.

>it didn't "go" anywhere beyond them. all "shoegaze bands" afterwards are just tepid indie rock band copyists.

Lol

>All shoegaze bands sound the same
>Everything that doesn't fit my narrow definition isn't shoegaze
I think I solved the mystery guys.

That cover would be amazing if the title wasn't there.

And Lush.

>Tokyo Shoegazer
>do you consider these band shoegaze?
What do you think dummy

eggy is a trap now? wtf

Except Ride are actually the best

jesus christ he has a sixhead

Slowdive where just bandwagon jumping kids, they didnt start or inovate anything. Just For a Day is generic and bland af, Souvlaki is ok and Pygmalion is a different band

Ride at least had good songs, Unfamiliar is GOAT and even Carnival of Light has some really good tracks. Also helped that they where awesome live, probably the best ones to come out of that genre, just watch the 1995 Reading show.
Also, their comeback album is actually good and sounds like Ride, while Slowdives comeback was a boring cash grab that sounds like shit

Also Curve deserve way more recognition, they where the band that almost took shoegaze to the mainstream. They where namedroped by every stablished artist that was trying to be hip in the early 90s, U2 and Maddona being the prime example. They also spawned lots of copycat bands, until Garbage erased them from the map