Who was the better character?

Who was the better character?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madrigal_(Breaking_Bad)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Both.

This moment tops anything in Sopranos

IM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

classic

Well, Breaking Bad wouldn't exist without the Sopranos. So there's that. But I think Breaking Bad is better in nearly every respect, and that includes the character of Walt.

WW no content

Tony was more nuanced and more believable

This moment cancels it out

tony ofcourse. walt was super one dimensional. they even spelled it out for people with the los alamos episode. vut still people think walt is some complex bad ass.

the dude was a nerd with a superiority complex.

Walt was one of the most poorly written characters I've ever seen. People think it's SO DEEP cus he falls from grace but they've probably literally never even read MacBeth. Retards. Tony wins no question

I've never even watched The Sopranos and I know that Tony is a better character.

>d-d-d-do i f-f-f-f-it in, g-g-g-g-guys?

tony by far. only underage faggots would say otherwise

I'm the one who KNOCKS is, I don't know, it was just, wow. We'll never see its likes again.

Walt

Hahaha holy shit do you think you're cool or in some secret club or liking The Sopranos? I watched Breaking Bad and I can recognize its flaws, you sound like a fucking tryhard faggot

Tony felt like a real human being, in all his awfulness. I liked BB and the character of Walter, but it never really reached those depths.

Tony no question, having said that both are the best characters in their respective shows by a wide margin.

>l-l-l-look g-g-g-uys i d-did it a-again!

Both are great but it's Walt. Walter white had one of the best character arcs of all time

Tony, and it's not even close. A better debate would be who is the better actor.

cranston obv

Sad

Vic was better than both

he doesn't even fall from grace. the first episode he finds out he has cancer while a govt employee. he has good health insurance. he has a pension. he probably has a life insurance policy they are cheap as fuck for teachers.

but his first thought is "better sell meth"

the los alamos episode solidifies it. he is a petty manipulative ass hole who hates gis life.

fucking pleb shit

tony soprano no doubt

>he has good health insurance. he has a pension. he probably has a life insurance policy they are cheap as fuck for teachers.
Did you actually watch the fucking series you retard?
THEY DO AN ENTIRE EXPOSITION DUMP ON WHY HE'S NOT COVERED

I think Breaking Bad>Sopranos but Tony>>>Walt

> le "I AM THE ONE WHO KNOX HEHE"
> le "STAY OUTTA MY TERRITOREE HAHA"
> le "I WON HIHI"
> le "HEISENBERG HOHO"
> le "THIS IS NOT MATH TOPKEK"
> le "THREAD LITELY AYOOOOO"

Walter White was literally meme quotes: the character. BrBad is shit show, into the trash it goes.

Tony is a realistic character depiction. Walter White is like an anime character compared to Tony.

I don't remember them ever mentioning life insurance or lack of it.

they talk about the los alamos chemicals but they never say he isn't covered. he is covered, he just wants better care.

if you can't sue the govt for killing you, insurance companies didn't hold it against you.

I am fairly convinced brba was actually a 5 year commercial for obamacare. morons think walt wasnt insured. or that only rich drug kingpins get chemo.

watch it again. walt was quite simply a dick.

it is estimated that by next year, 1/4 of the country will have no competing health insurance plans. health insurance rates have gone up 30% over 4 years. care coverage has decreased.

Tony.
The only well written character in Breaking Bad is Jesse. Walter quickly became flanderized.

Breaking Bad is literally babby's first TV drama. Sopranos is vastly superior

I think too.
Also i prefer the ending of Breaking Bad even though it was a little too much imo like as he hits anyone in that house and knows how the car get parked.

The Sopranos felt a little too long in the end. I respect the character developement but i was missing the good times of s1-3. It was too depressing for me.
Also fuck the ending. Leaving it open looks like they were scared to screw the ending up. I was negatively surprised.

he is talking about health insurance, not life.

it is never talked about but you can assume he had blue cross blue shield health since he was a govt employed teacher. also a pension for the same resson. and teqchers don't get life for free like health and pension, but they get it for cheap. quarter mil for 10 bucks a month cheap.

i hate tony soprano. he was a self-righteous, unfaithful, worthless and and finicky cry baby bitch.

walter white, in the other hand, was a fearless and truthful human being.

The only character that comes close to Tony is Don Draper

>The only well written character in Breaking Bad is Jesse
i agree
as far as i remember he was the most realistic one (not completely realistic, but still)
from S4 onwards everyone was like "UGH JESSIE IS A TERRIBLE CHARACTER HE'S SUCH A PUSSY BLABLA" just because he got all sad and depressed, but for a real human that's a totally natural reaction after all the shit that had happened

Wrong.

Fuck Tony. Heisenberg in the vein.

Sopranos is boring as fuck.

The longer time goes on, the worse Breaking Bad gets in retrospect.

I guess if you're a fucking imbecile. I bet your favorite show before Breaking Bad was Lost.

based

based fucking coach

black mom was also great

Coach Taylor was legit as perfectly cast as Tony. Can't imagine anyone else in that role desu.

I don't think I'll ever watch the sopranos just because of how many people dickride it here

>missing out on the greatest TV show of all time just to spite a couple of shitposters on Sup Forums
I mean, your loss, man.

>tfw coach taylor will never look deep into your eyes and tell you that he believes in you

better character? walt
better show? tony

are you 13?

People dick ride it for a reason. It's not a reddit meme. Sopranos is top tier television. It's literally the best show to ever air, objectively.

And this is why

lol. I know this feel so much. I was a varsity de and could play the whole offensive line as a softmore. coach only told me I was shit, and a pansy faggot.

I would squat 300 pounds and he would tell me I am a queer.

thats probably why I got all those medals in academic decathalon though.

But you were fine with Breaking Bad despite how many people dickride it on Reddit? Go back.

You mean you didn't believe that a meek, well-mannered science teacher could turn into a coldblooded ruthless killer overnight after being diagnosed with terminal lung cancer? Or do you mean all of the over-the-top shit he pulled? As far as characterization, Walt is barely even a legitimate character. Tony's descent into pure evil was much more subtle.

>Vic got away with everything

/thread

Good for you. Stick to le epic heisenburg blowing up cities bullshit and single-handedly removing international, decades old cartels that span from Central America to Europe all with his mighty brain power to craft McGuyver-like stunts.

Fucking turbo pleb.

Tony didn't descend into pure evil - he was already that way. And I always thought that Walt didn't necessarily "turn" ruthless. He always had the capability, and the cancer and drug business just brought it out of him.

No, he was. He was a mobster, but he still had feelings of loyalty to family/friends. By the end he killed his own nephew just for fucking one of his crushes. I don't think Tony from Season 1 would kill a guy over a horse either. Being the boss really fucked with his head.

he let his partners girlfriend die for selfish reasons, had an innocent man (Gabe) murdered for selfish reasons, bought the chance of violence on his innocent family by getting involved in the drug trade, he set off a bomb in a hospital which could have injured an innocent person and he synthesized untold tonnes of meth that ruins tens of thousands of lives. Walter White was a complete piece of shit.

>overnight
confirmed for not watching

>removing international, decades old cartels that span from Central America to Europe
when did this happen? you havent even watched the series you are shitting on

He didn't kill Chris over Julianna, he killed him because he was an unreliable junkie. He gave Chris far more chances than anybody else would've. And yeah, Tony got worse over the course of the show, but I don't see it as a decent into evil (like I said, he was already like that), but rather him becoming a more narcissistic, egocentric person.

I didn't even watch it when it was on tv.

(You)

Tony was more realistic and what a lot of career criminals are actually like. Walter is an over the top power fantasy no one would actually attempt or succeed at in real life.

Tony was a one dimensional caricature of a stereotypical wop mobster.

>In Hanover, Germany, Peter Schuler, an executive for Madrigal Electromotive GmbH, the parent company of Los Pollos Hermanos, kills himself with a portable defibrillator after local police arrive to question him about his longstanding relationship with Gus Fring (Giancarlo Esposito).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madrigal_(Breaking_Bad)

This part of the series probably just went right over your head. Not enough explosions and goofy Heisenburg antics

The entire series takes place in the span of one year. All of the over-the-top shit Walt did was in the span of ONE SINGLE YEAR. Did you forget about that part?

>Tony Soprano
>one dimensional
You seem to be confused about what the number one means.

God damn you're fucking retarded kiddo, he killed Chris because despite giving him many chances to get sober he would never change and if the baby was coming along on that car crash it would have been killed by a branch that went directly through the babies seat.

two years

I'd say Cranston not for Walt, by for Hal.
Gandolfini is a lot quieter and understated though.

So you jumped on the bandwagon and binged it on Netflix after it became a meme, even worse. Like I said, go back.

you got that backwards

>hurr durr go back
Do you crybaby faggots ever actually expect this to work? That people will suddenly stop posting things that trigger you if you spam reddit enough?

I really wish Sup Forums would leave.

Pic related is true character kino

But I'd go with Tony. Say what you will, but BB was much more of a "thriller" as opposed to a family drama which Sopranos was. We got much more insight into Tony through literally dozens of different situations and angles. Sopranos did get a bit preachy or on-the-nose at times, but scenes like Tony kicking the shit out of Perry showed the complexities of his character in an incredible and subtle way.

Fuck

Better Show - Sopranos
Better Character - Tony

Well, the last season jumps ahead one year. But other than that, the entirety of season 1-4 happens in 1 fucking year.

You are literally falling for Tony's own self-rationalizing. What did Dr. Melfi's revelation mean to you? All of the times Christopher fucked up in the past, he's going to kill him this time over a fucking baby that he's barely ever seen? After everything Tony has done over pussy? Face it, Tony always let pussy run and ruin his life.

Al>Tony>Walt