What do you think of Zack Snyder's Superman?

what do you think of Zack Snyder's Superman?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZHBXXRuQ8Pc
youtube.com/watch?v=cZ12ghCqO3o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He has an extra chromosone. Literal space downs.

>first natural birth between two quite old kryptonians in generations
>kryptonians stopped natural birth for a reason
>extremely slow learner in every respect, takes decades to get close to a solid handle on his powers, zod masters his powers in minutes.
>absolute shit at hand to hand combat, unless he can get a decent grapple on you, then he'll snap your neck (downies are banned from wrestling because of their tendency to permanently injure their opponents)

There's more, but I'd have to watch MoS again to see it.

kino

He's as bland a character as ever, the only way Snyder can think to make him even remotely interesting is through a hamfisted Jesus parallel that gets old after 5 minutes of being beaten over the head with it.

He's too mopey and whinny to be Superman. Nevermind the fact that he barely ever saves people, it's ok I give him a pass because he's pretty much new at being a hero but fuck...he doesn't need to be this emo douche that seeks constant approval by other people. Superman was never meant to be this soul-searching fag that cries at every turn.

But that's what you get when you are given an even worse representation of Ma and Pa Kent.

They're the real villains of Snyder's movies, they basically turned Clark into Kal El, if that makes sense.

i don't

>passive aggressive little bitch who could have dealt with a bar fight in a dozen safe ways but left a waitress to the mercy of a drunk asshole and smashed the guys rig while he was molesting her
>grudgingly saves people with a permanently constipated expression
>gives the impression that if it wasn't for Lois Lane he'd let rip and fucking wipe everyone out
>punches kryptonians through buildings without the slightest concern about collateral human life
>for some reason thinks it's his job to caution Batman for branding known rapists and slave traders... Really, so he is involved in street level crime and vigilantes? Presumably he's rid Gotham of all its Mafia dons then?

>extremely slow learner in every respect, takes decades to get close to a solid handle on his powers, zod masters his powers in minutes.

Zod was a fully trained adult when he was released from the phantom zone and came to earth. He had years and years of experience.

Clark kent was just a powerful farmer boy; he was sent to earth as a baby when Zod was already experienced.

Clearly, you did not watch the movie; rest of your post discarded.

10/10

I've found that most people who dislike it, unironically don't get it.

Kínograph

this

I still haven't seen Man of Steel because every time I see a clip of it or hear anything about it I'm completely put off.

okay

nope

way before superman was even close to developed he was just a character that saved people every sunday in the newspaper

you act as if being a super hero makes you instantly non emotional and just a fucking robot. as if somehow human nature can be shut off.

go fuck off faggot

ftfy

cringe

I'm enjoying it because so far he's just been an extended origin story.

I hope now that he's gone through controversy and has sacrificed himself for humanity that he can be more of a usual Superman

Go read some superman books and then come back and praise your unwatchable movie drivel, retard.

great sci-fi movie dog shit superman movie

> hope now that he's gone through controversy and has sacrificed himself for humanity that he can be more of a usual Superman
Definitely

youtube.com/watch?v=ZHBXXRuQ8Pc

snyder doesn't understand superman and it shows.

He took the character in a new direction and it paid off, I genuinely wonder if the people who can't relate to him are autistic. This is literally the most human interpretation of Superman put on the silver screen.

This is awful

this

youtube.com/watch?v=cZ12ghCqO3o

Are you fucking kidding me. You people have to be tired of baiting at this point shouldn't you?

Superman isn't there to be related to, that's the point. He's a hero in a kid's comic-book. The people who want to watch his adventures want to be childish for a time. We don't want to empathise with his pain, his pain is meaningless in those terms.

Disprove my statement

Name a version of Superman who is as grounded in his humanity as Snyder's.

ok lad

Sounds like a bunch of manchildren. Glad Snyder didn't pander to them.

Snyder has a great eye for visuals, blocking and editing. HOWEVER he might be one of the worst writers and sound designers working today.

I love his Batman, but his Superman is fucking trash. He fucked up when he made the Kents sociopaths

It's like you asshole retards never watched the original Richard Donner movie.

I can't believe i keep falling for your Snyder baits.

Jesus.

You know, I always think that people who bring his films up in relation to Snyder's versions, haven't actually seen them themselves.

is a sad, boring, depressing and assholish version of the hero we all love and Henry Cavill has no charisma at all in the role

Why are you talking in plural? I specifically said the original one. It's like you Snyderfags can't even read simple sentences, which is no surprise.

k

Everytime I see this I think about what 'Superman' could've been, and how badly these movies wasted the potential.

Cavil is a perfect cast, not your smart guy but not idiot by any means, and also someone who isn't arrogant about looks. A person capable of sympathy.

Amy adams can also pull off Louise Lane, but I'm mostly interested in the Superman - the composed character that is beyond Men and their idea of God but also neglects neither of them.

Imagine a movie where we see him having to ask questions we're able to be dishonest with, but because of what he is, the infinite power, he isn't competition with any humans on any field at all, and because of that Clark's only point of reference is himself.

He has human emotions and his powers make it so that he is 100% honest with himself, something we cannot do, and stands as an ideal of truth we all know but could never recognize, inspiring hope.

Anyway Snyder doesn't understand this, he I think still believes there is value in inheriting good looks and doesn't even see that one person who has had every misfortune but is still his best, it was obvious when they cast gg as ww, dude values what you inherit more then what you are. That's the style over substance failure.

i love you

How eloquent of a response

I think the dceus entire idea is to take those kids heroes and put them in an adults film

I think Snyder should make anime live actions, since a lot of it relies on pseudo-intellectual imagery and shit, plus the action fits his style. Too bad he's too overtly racist to go for it.

JUST

Superman is still in his infancy here. He will be more archetype superman in subsequent films.

Nope instead he pandered to the man children who wanted everything dark and edgy like Nolan's batman franchise. The ones who came all over the back of the seat in front of them the moment he started hamfisting low level analogies and Jesus parallels down their throats. You know, the retards

Well we're talking superheroes, user. It's manchildren all the way down.

>hamfisting low level analogies and Jesus parallels down their throats
interesting, what makes them low-level? why is that so bad, in your eyes?

i love watchmen, man of steel and bvs. honestly, i don't understand why synder is so hated. is it an adaptation issue?

I liked it, it used that stupid wide frame, then quickly zoom in to the important thing like it's an amateur film camera move too much though.

Because Sup Forums like to hate on anything that isn't god-tier amazing, Sup Forums is a cancerous pit, we hate or love, there is no in between.

Ruined by poor editing and the external influence of Nolan and Goyer.
I'm ok with the rest, but superman 1 is still the superior film.

Nah. Superman was already supercharged, Zod was just a few days under the sun.

He is shit tier compared to zod.

It is absolutely my favorite cape film.

I have no fucking clue

The Ultimate Cut and the Theatrical Cut are literally 2 different movies and characterizations

I have no clue what to think anymore. I really hate WB for this.

I feel conflicted with WB, on one hand they somehow allowed Snyder to make something like MoS/BvS, and on another it's painfully obvious they were meddling at every turn, cutting out shit etc, would these movies be any better or worse under a different studio?

Why cant you idiots understand basic things? How is this not the most sympathetic Clark Kent ever? This man has been through the crucible of hardship, and still at the end of the day he CHOOSES to be Superman. His mom did not knit him his costume on the kitchen table, he didn't lift tractor freeweights with his beaming Pa beside him, he went out and made his own destiny seperate from what his parents told him to do.

Look at Superman's crisis of conscious from BvS...
>"Superman...was just a dream of a farmer from Kansas "

There's no mention of Jor-El's words to him leading humanity to the sun or lofty nonsense. In a world without superheroes, how could you possibly come up with the idea to become the first? Ever since finding out his abilities, Clark always held that dream to be a hero and save people. His adoptive father wanted to protect him so much, he'd rather die than let that dream consume Clark. Oh he's not smiling while saving that cat out the tree, who the fuck cares! He's still out there happily serving the planet having made the decision to use his gifts in that way.

And guess what? Pa Kent who didnt want Clark out in the world because it was too dangerous was 100% justified by I dont know CLARK FUCKING DYING???