After 5 years of drinking every night to fall asleep... I'm finally gonna cut this shit out of my diet entirely...

After 5 years of drinking every night to fall asleep... I'm finally gonna cut this shit out of my diet entirely. Any past alchys have any tips?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/health-17297714
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just decide to stop, and stop

Get addicted to something else

Current alchy asstard here... I wish I could stop as well... But if I don't drink myself to sleep I stay up for days at a time

Quit cold turkey. Go to a sauna to speed up detox if possible and take detox pills for a week. They cost like 15 bucks for a bottle. Stay hydrated and eat plenty. Orange juice for vitamin C and Gatorade for electrolytes. Excedrine will help with the headaches. Turn the AC up cause you will sweat. Ice baths can be helpful. I'd also say to but some ZQuil to help you sleep. Its gonna be rough but you're making a great choice b/ro. Hang in there

don't stop just like that, start drinking less and less or the withdrawal might kill you

almost forgot it was summer time

Smoke pot

Isit a good sign if the only alcohol i like is a dark lager? I was with family in france and would only drink a leffe if it was available over some nasty rosee.

ahem
bbc.com/news/health-17297714

I used to drink half a bottle a day at least just to fall asleep, but that was only for a couple weeks. I wouldn't ask b though, you'll get better advice from someone else.

best medicine for alcoholism you can have
lsd

If you really drink that much, be careful of withdrawal. Alcohol withdrawal is really bad. Consider tapering off before going cold turkey. You might die

Exactly what i meant about not asking Sup Forums for advice, OP.

This probably isn't that far off. When I smoked pot for a few months I didn't have any urge to drink.

Been there done that. You need to go to detox. I tried to quit cold turkey and nearly killed myself. You will have physical shit happen to you after a couple days of not drinking. You'll shiver and shake to the point of not being able to talk normally.

and half caffeine intake or you will bounce off the walls

Drink 2 liters of Pedialite, it's better for you than Gatorade for balancing your electrolytes. Great hang-over cure for me anyway. Keep a supply of Ibuprofen handy if your gut starts to swell up, but you will also need some stool softener / laxative pills to counter the constipation side-effect of the Ibuprofen.

Of course I'm at a point where I can finish a 5th of Gin in one night. I hope your not so bad off. Good luck.

Heroine really helps take the edge off

ok sure

This cunt knows. I would drink a 40 of Bourbon every night for years with the occasional night of not drinking. Got in a tight spot with the law about drink/driving. Still drunk next day. DUI charges. Two in a month. Being a loony on my R1 and Hayabusa. Anyway lawyer recommends program. The tell me I could have died from quitting alcohol cold turkey. What fucking shit. You just stop.

Good luck

Don't listen to shits like this.

i have to tell you that this guy is on to something.
back when psychodelics like lsd and shrooms were used in therapy they brought best results

Alcohol should have the most dependence level, it's one of the few drugs that will KILL YOU if you suddenly stop using it, barbiturates and to a much lesser degree benzodiazepine (you've got to take a huge dose for a long time) opioid withdrawal is very uncomfortable but you only FEEL like you're going to die

Proud of you OP. You can do it

>will KILL YOU
The stupidity hurts. "Happens in extremely rare cases" is not the same "will KILL YOU".

You can tell the alkies from the drinkers. Both drink, but the alkies are whiney special snowflakes who try to make it out to the worst thing ever in a feeble attempt to appear badass.

Take a week off of work and focus on your health, don't drink on weekends or you'll probably be right back where you were. Good luck op, it sucks.