inb4 inb4 guy

S T R O S
T
R
O
S

>putting a link in the name field
Literally how can a person mess up that badly

why aren't the astros trading for an ace quality pitcher like jose quintana? do they really think they can win the world series with dallas keuchel as their #1?

dodgers have the ace of aces and cant win shit so who the fuck knows

I honestly have no idea what Luhnow is doing.
I feel like Keuchel will bounce back, and McCullers is on the brink of being >pretty good, but I don't understand why they won't just pull the trigger.
Every day that I wake up and Q still isn't on """my""" team, I get a little more angry.

Wouldn't be surprised if they wait til the deadline and try for 2 decent SP's, which is still a stupid way to do it.
This team is killing me.

Last 4 digits are the next year the Jays make the postseason

kershaw is an amazing pitcher and I respect him

Resd

are the Mariners going to stumble their way to the wildcard game then watch Felix get BTFO?
cause thats what im feeling

Reminder that Mets fans are subhumans who will be the first to be met at the heel

SOMEBODY TAKE JAY BRUCE THIS ISNT FUNNY ANYMORE

It's so that you notice it and reply you imbecilic fucking animal.

This isn't even counting the instagram tablet posting I was doing or the last 22 replies I got on my computer during that last session right before the thread capped 500.

Big thread that was... 12%+ of all posts relies to me.

And I'm obsessed? Talk about me and Kershaw some more please. It's the hottest topic.

what did they mean by this?

every mets fan is my bitch

FĂ©lix takes an L.
>Inb4 everyone thinks this is me
Don't bully the mets. DeShit is actually very good. Leave 2015 in 2015. It's all about Chicago now.

every post in this thread is pissboi talking to himself

why does felix hernandez have a yankees world series ring?

Degrom is good when his arm isn't hurting. Unfortunately for him, his arm hurting is going to be a rare occurrence

kek and its all because of that obsessed leaf that can't stop himself from replying he caught two bans and couldn't stop himself from posting

*his arm not hurting is going to be a rare occurrence

Probabaly a Yankee fan. Imagine if he purchased it thinking it was authentic and it took a home robbery to find out it was fake

maybe Cano bought him a fake as a joke

Do you think he put it on sometimes and imagined that he had won a ring with the Yankees instead of being wasted on the Mariners?

why are you so obsessed with me lmao

are you my fan? am I that iconic? didn't you filter canadians? just digging your grave pissboi, I don't think anyone's triggered you this hard

here comes a 1500 character post about how you don't care and how good your life is and how you love me so much you hope my life is good god bless god bless.

I own your ass baby, come here for a kiss

Justin Verlander
Jordan Zimmermann
Michael Fulmer
Daniel Norris
Matt Boyd

Good
Meme
Meme
Meme
Probably Meme

>I don't think anyone's triggered you this hard

The Giants did when they won 3 World Series in a 5 year span

Who's the #5 starter?
>Blach
or
>Cain

Should be Blach, will be Cain unfortunately until he shits his pants

That's a solid 76 win rotation right there

>wins

Thoughts?

>prospect rankings
Bulletproof

Hi /mlb/, let's have a nice and friendly baseball thread.

Here's a hypothetical to really get the neurons firing. Say you put a Steve Pearce on a team of Clayton Kershaws and a team of Mike Trouts. Which team would do better?

huehuehue
:(
literally had a minor bonespur and gave up like 12 runs in 6 innings in his last two starts and ended with an ERA just over 3.00. SMD

That's not Steve

Dansby is barely labeled as a prospect so Ahmed will take the #2 spot soon enough. can't wait for him and Smith to play. Should be good for him to learn from Reyes

#DontBeSurprisedBeReady

>minor

lmao

yes, minor. ron darling said he had his nerve moved as well and it was fine the next day.

New photo of Ventura's body. He appears to have been killed on impact. Obviously nsfw.

twitter.com/bienvenidorv/status/824217783101747200

>Cain will probably never be good again

No one gives a shit about Ron Darling, pussy.

degrom's surgery was actually pretty minor, i'm not that worried about him

matz and harvey are still questions marks though

you don't think it's minor if the guy is fine the next day? go back to beating your meat to corey seager's OBP or whoever you worship

bro you might as well ditch those bums and create a team of steve pearces exclusively. h-he's literally better than both those players in all positions

real talk though if he doesn't start the season with a dinger and a 15 game hit streak I'm going to kill myself

youtube.com/watch?v=V-sYWaOrLdI

You're watching the game on tv when the camera pans to the crowd between batters. The person in the crowd that pisses you off most is
>the one who dabs
>the one on their phone
>Marlins Man
>whatever retard dance A's fans are doing now
>other
?

zack hample

1. People looking at their phones
2. attention whores with LOOK AT ME signs
3. People wearing 2 opposing teams colors/gear
4. Marlins Man
5. shots of the popcorn guy
POWER GAP

9999999999. Father and son

>3. People wearing 2 opposing teams colors/gear
Only Bawston "fans" do this

Still haven't learned. tssk tssk tssk

It's gonna take a Jim Bunning or Tony Saunders to convince you morons

this is the only answer. so glad he got rekt in that yankees/rangers game

damn.
>in b4 Royals guy

Chubby little white kids dabbing will never not be funny to me

Marlins man. Hating ass nigga. Fuck that faggot. It swear if I ever seen him in a playoff game I'll tell him to go fuck himself.

royals guy is slacking

Perhaps he pulled a Ventura

youre too poor to get close to him you bitch

elbow/bone spurs/Tommy John/shoulder
elbow/arm fatigue/strep throat
elbow/shoulder/bone spurs
elbow/Tommy John/forearm soreness/ulnar nerve
knee
shoulder/labrum tear
>tfw no old/fat

half of his face is gone and what looks like a piece of his brain is sticking out

just a flesh wound

machado hit harder

Daily reminder that the mest most reliable starter in their overhyped rotation last season was a 43 year old fat man that isn't even on their team anymore.

>0. Guy wearing a stankees hat even though the stankees aren't playing

-1.People wearing gear for teams that aren't there in general

>kenta "4 ER by the 4th" maeda even listed

damn jose fernan's numbers are elite tier

you guys think he'll break 20 wins this season?

Probably not. He could be dead on with his pitching but the Marlins' bats are probably going to be pretty dead this year.
Also dude suffered a career ending death, kind of hard to rehabilitate from that

>fip

>just remembered Desmond to the Rockies and Reddick to the Astros

Here are the real fangraphs rankings.
Save this for the future.

He has a better chance of coming back than Harvey, Matz and Wheeler.

>fernandez
>tfw I got excited when I saw he lead the league in K/9 today while browsing bbref and then I remembered

make it stop

>conditions I deem fair rankings

top kek

>BB/9: 0.66

how does JoFer die months before syndergaards final start and have more wins and less loses?
how does kershaw have the same WAR with 30 less innings?
what is FIP?

>what is FIP
fielding independent pitching
basically attempting to see how a pitcher would do with a perfectly average defense in an average park

>how does JoFer die months before syndergaards final start and have more wins and less loses?
>how does kershaw have the same WAR with 30 less innings?
Fernandez was really good
Kershaw is better

1. A little bit of luck, a lot of being a great pitcher. Right place, right time.
2. Kershaw is untouchable in the regular season
3. Fielder Independent Pitching

their last two starts were only 7 days apart m8

JoFer only missed 1 start with his late season injury last year, he wasn't out for months. I expect a strong bounceback this year

i don't think he'll have a strong bounceback user, he's dead

FIP is a tiebreaker for when the two or more pitchers being compared have similar ERA's, it exposes the defense babies: Arrieta, lelster, hendricks, hammels, etc. etc.
FIP is everything that a pitcher is responsible for: K's, BB, H, HR.

When someone tells you a pitcher is good and points to ERA, and the FIP is more than 0.60 point differential, said pitcher is a defense baby.

so its the memest meme stat of all

Reminder that ERA is the only relevant pitching stat.

Reminder that wins are the only relevant pitching stat

reminder that rings are the only relevant pitching stat

not really it does expose defense babies like Hendricks who has an ERA of 2.1 but a FIP of 3.5, that's almost a run and a half. All great pitchers have great FIPs to go with the ERA, not all low ERA pitchers have good FIPs. Separates the elite from the fluke.

No, that would be OPS

>Cubs

Reminder that BA is the only relevant batting stat

Last digit confirms how many WS wins the Dodgers have in the next 10 years

FIP doesn't include hits though. the whole point of it is that babip doesn't correlate across seasons well so you take hits out of the equation entirely due to the inherent randomness of where you put the ball in play not being attributable to the pitcher as well the defense's ability to consistently turn that scattering into an out

read up sonny

Last digit confirms how many CYA Kershaw wins with the Dodgers in the next 10 years

How is that possible if he's leaving the Dodgers at his contract's opt out?