Why were the Russos too afraid to do this?

Why were the Russos too afraid to do this?

>comic book heroes
>dying

Because you're not gonna kill your main character right befor the epic finale broobruh

>killing cap before the last avengers movie
there's marketing and money to be made

but WB did the same with superman

didn't they bring him back in the comics like a few months later anyway

They pussied out of killing Rhodes, what made you think they would off Cap?

Maybe, we don't know. I would say Disney probably guided their hand into not doing so.

Not killing Rhodes is infinitely more interesting than just killing him off.

Because they cannot paint the other team as the bad guy on a supposedly neutral movie.

>Killing a cash cow in a movie
thats just bad business, in comic medium it makes sense cause it causes a temporal slike in sales but in a movie is fucking stupid

Because that doesn't even happen during the Civil War, it happened after. And he just comes back to life in a year anyways so it's just a gimmick to sell more comics.

...How?

Because Cap has to take over as Marvel's leading man once RDJ is out, which will probably be within the next two Avengers movies.

Stark will either die or fuck off.

Captain America didn't die during Civil War, faggot.

And? I don't really understand what you're implication is. Are they going to kill him at the beginning of the next movie then?

Because we got an ebin Tony Stank maymay at the end. If they killed him all we would have would be a tangible and wholly justifiable riff between the Avengers.

>WHY DIDN'T CAPTAIN AMERICA DIE IN THE CIVIL WAR MOVIE
>He didn't die in the source material
>SO WHAT???

Are you fucking retarded.
He might die later, but I doubt it anyway. It would be a shitty decision, because everyone knows he'd just come back.
It'd be like if they killed off superman in his second movie

Yeah, they killed him 2 movies into their cinematic universe and are already reviving him. Great writing.

Because killing characters for the sake of drama is lazy, predictable, and short-sighted.

>If they killed him all we would have would be a tangible and wholly justifiable riff between the Avengers.
Maybe if Tony killed him.

He dies as a result of the Civil War arc. The fact that they didn't slap the fucking Civil War logo on top of the issue wherein he is killed makes next to no difference, especially considering that this movie has next to nothing to do with the comic. What I assume OP was getting at was why didn't Marvel do anything with lasting consequences in a movie that was marketed as being chalk full of em.

>It'd be like if they killed off superman in his second movie
This fucking shit again. Did you not see the final shot of the movie? Superman wasn't "dead". They were not trying to trick you. His apparent death has consequences in the world of the movie. It serves as a catalyst for the formation of the Justice League. Yes, he will be coming back, they literally told you as much IN THE FUCKING MOVIE

He died with literally no friends. No one at WB actually cares about Superman. Well, not nearly as much as Batman. They just wanted to resolve the whole "Is Superman gud?" issue by showing him sacrifice himself. Even if it was poorly executed they managed to shit out that turd so hopefully we can move on and get him in a decent solo movie.

Yes.

>He dies as a result of the Civil War arc
No, he died because of an unrelated Crossbones attack.

>ywn see picrelated in the dceu
bravo

>Maybe if Tony killed him.
I'm talking about Rhodes, not Cap. Had Rhodes been killed during the conflict, there would be a justifiable reason for Stark to have a grudge against Barnes/Rogers that wasn't "MUH PARENTS ARE DEAD." Buckey LITERALLY had nothing to do with that. He was a war hero captured and brainwashed by Nazis and used as an instrument of war against his will. The fact that Stark blames him for that is fucking retarded. I can see him losing his shit in the moment, but after two seconds of thought, the world's smartest man should have been able to figure out how fucking stupid he was being.

And it was shit. It had zero impact, because Superman had barely established himself as a hero and half the world hated him. In the comics his death had impact because he was so loved, and because was a veteran hero and the de facto leader of the JLA.

>world's smartest man
Doesn't mean anything. Reed and Pym are smarter than him and still act like idiots.

because marvel is for children and neckbeards

And DC is for mature intelligent gentlemen like yourself?

No, for everyone else.

>His apparent death has consequences in the world of the movie. It serves as a catalyst for the formation of the Justice League

Oh you mean it;s another contrivance in a movie full of them? Okay.

I'm sorry Tony, but those are my dubs.

because the movie was better written, in the comics the conflict is retarded shit along the lines of
>damn a supervillain blew up a city for the 100th time... better round innocent people up into camps
>welp time for a Civil Warâ„¢
and not a more realistic version where neither party wants to kill the other they are just on either side of the law

>Buckey LITERALLY had nothing to do with that.

Bucky killing his parents reinforces everything Tony had felt about him throughout the movie, that he was a dangerous, uncontrollable weapon that needed to be stopped, but also added a personal stake that enraged him to the point of attempting to kill him.

It was a lot better written than "MARTHA"

In all seriousness, the Russos did an interview and said they didn't want Cap to die because the tragedy would bring both sides together. They specifically want them in disagreement until Infinity War.

>damn a supervillain blew up a city for the 100th time... better round innocent people up into camps
Wait, you're telling me that the government went crazy and started violating basic civil liberties in the wake of a horrifying tragedy? OUTRAGEOUS!

So just because Superman was kind of a boring death (partially because it wasn't the Ultimate Cut mind you, its actually sorta powerful in that) means that Captain America wouldn't have been HUGE? They had more movies to set him up.

Marvelites always want to say "well DC sucks so we can do whatever" I think thats a cop out, you can't always use DC as a excuse for things.

You carry the fire, brother. Only death or rape mean anything to this liberalized femme culture.

>It was a lot better written than "MARTHA"
I'll give you that. And I'll also give you that it made sense for him to react the way he did IN THE MOMENT. The problem is, Buckey literally felt the same way. It's how the movie ended. Five seconds of rational discussion could have averted the entire crisis, but for some reason Rogers was convinced that they could not, under any circumstances speak to Stark.

Also, man in a fucking Bucky mask.

I'd probably want to kill someone if I just watched them crush my parents' skulls. Fuck reason, I'm pissed off now. But getting mad at the opposition because my teammate shot a death laser at my buddy - that seems fucking retarded.

It's not that death is the only thing that means anything, it's that there are no actual consequences to basically anything that happens in this movie that can't be neatly resolved in Infinity War. They even nerfed Rhode's paralysis by giving him nifty robot legs.

Rhodes' death would paint Iron Man as the "villain" of the movie. Besides, there's a lot of potential in exploring Rhodes adjusting to life as a disabled veteran. Something similar happened in the comics and he volunteered to essentially become a cyborg and sacrifice his humanity because he couldn't handle being a cripple and staying out of the fight.

>He dies as a result of the Civil War arc.

Not really. Crossbones' hateboner for him and Sharon Carter being brainwashed by Doctor Faustus (she fired the kill shot, iirc) both precede Civil War and go all the way back to Brubaker's Winter Soldier storyline.

Civil War only provided the set-up of Cap being sniped in front of the Congress.

>Rhodes' death would paint Iron Man as the "villain" of the movie
Iron Man is the "villain" of all the Avengers movies.
> Besides, there's a lot of potential in exploring Rhodes adjusting to life as a disabled veteran. Something similar happened in the comics and he volunteered to essentially become a cyborg and sacrifice his humanity because he couldn't handle being a cripple and staying out of the fight.
And I hope they explore that, I really do, but if the last 700 MCU movies are anything to go by, I'm worried that they probably won't.

Gotta hate that liberalized femme culture

He tried to reason with Stark, but Stark wouldn't listen. At that moment Cap was trying to protect Bucky from being murdered and prevent Stark from doing something he'd regret.

Don't forget about all the toys. This is Disney shit after all.

And that moment was fine. I'm just saying there really wasn't a reason for him to have not just told Stark exactly what happened in the first place.

>Iron Man is the "villain" of all the Avengers movies.

No.

As if his death was ever implied to be permanent. He literally died 20 minutes before that from a nuke to the dome. They even ended on the dirt floating of the coffin.

People make mistakes. Cap knew that Hydra was involved in Stark's parents' deaths, but didn't know Bucky was the one to do it, although he had suspicions. He just didn't want to acknowledge them, both sparing Stark of finding out his parents were murdered and sparing himself of having to handle Bucky having killed one of his oldest friends.

This so much. The thing I hate about Marvel movies is that there's no real lasting impact. They should've just done the predictable route
>cap dies
>Tony shuts himself off from the world
>Thanos invades Asgard and kicks Thor and Hulk's ass
>they get saved by Odin who transports them into another realm to teach Thor how to use the Odinforce
>contacts Dr. Strange to let them know Thanos has a stone and is coming for Earth
>Strange contacts Tony to gather the Avengers again
>Tony doesn't want to but gives him the contact info for the previous avengers
>Guardians senses Thanos going to Earth and goes there to help defend it
>Thanos arrives
>Strange leads a new team of Avengers and the Guardians to fight Thanos
>they get completely btfo
>next movie
>Thor is finished with his training and brings himself and Hulk back to Earth
>convinces Tony to suit up once more
>wages a final battle against Thanos
>hurts him but can't kill him
>during the fight Tony gets partial power of the stones
>uses it to revive Steve
>Steve rallies every super hero in the entire MCU, including shields and the defenders
>big end scene battle of every single hero making a cameo appearance to beat Thanos
>he is defeated and imprisoned by a celestial being who flings the stones into the far corners of the universe
>everyone goes their seperates ways
Instead we get this generic story.

I'd take CW over that dogshit you just wrote.

He was dead long enough for them to bury him and throw a state funeral, and put up monuments. He's not even around in the stuff for JL so far. Obviously it wasn't intended to be permanent, with the ending of BvS, but they still killed him off and revived him.

>He didn't die in Civil War he technically died in the epilogue!!
Great then kill him in the post credit scene

What do you expect from Cape shit tho senpai?