Thinking of sneaking into Chernobyl sometime next summer. How does one find a guide/stalker, any forums?

Thinking of sneaking into Chernobyl sometime next summer. How does one find a guide/stalker, any forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/maps/@51.153543,29.980209,729m/data=!3m1!1e3
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There are legal tours you can take, just do some research and you'll find all sorts of guides. But I'm assuming you want to go into places tour guides won't take you, and from what I've heard, there are little to no guides that take you off the trails.

This... Then offer them at least 500$ for a behind the scenes tour.

isn't the place still a warzone/wartorn?

Since Chernobyl is not inhabitable it's not touched by any of that. It's safe to stay for a couple of weeks maybe a few months if you avoid the radioactive hotspots. Getting caught will get you fined something insignificant unless you are trying to take something out of the zone, at which point it's 5 years in prison.

It's never been a warzone. LOL

And OP: stalker? If you think you're going to find any mutants hunting you, you're gonna be a tad disappointed. It's an abandoned city, nothing else.

OP always has the dumbest ideas.

buy a Geiger counter and maybe some iodine pills

also make sure you buy an exosuit for more artifact storage space

OP here, obviously there aren't going to be any mutants, I'm not going there because I specifically love the s.t.a.l.k.e.r. games but because I like the general aesthetic of the area. Going on a guided tour seems to defeat the purpose of going into a derelict town/area. I would like to be able to explore, walk around the forests, stuff that is strictly prohibited with the guided tours

Don't forget the bolts, lots of bolts

Do you know why is it prohibited right?

No, it's just radioactive for the next 10,000 years the war thing is in eastern Ukraine

LOL, are you retarded? It's never been a warzone.

This is my type of thread, why not do it now OP and livestream?

I understand the areas around the reactor are still very radioactive, including the equipment that was used at the time. On the other hand some people are permitted to live in the zone, typically old people that simply want to go back to their home, if there were lethal doses of radiation just randomly in the forests they wouldn't allow those people to go back just so they can die from radiation poisoning. Believe it or not it's actually relatively safe to go into Chernobyl at this point, seeing as the half life of cesium-137 is about 30 years

If your OP you should try to find the elephants foot and livestream it if your down.....

Uhhh, that means there is still roughly half of the Cesium-137 left.. which isn't all that safe. Some areas are -less- radioactive than before.. but it's still not safe.

This kills the OP

Who cares user let OP do him or her whoever user is, they know what there doing, get like a cheap suit online and put it in a backpack while your taking the tour escape and throw it on. Then find the elephants foot.

Not if he/she just takes a quick look with a makeshift suit on

They call illegal tour guides or people who generally sneak in stalkers, in reference to the very popular games that blew up in Ukraine and Russia. It's a real term.

OP is a 15 yo edgy ignorant faggot who thinks it's like in stalker.

>plz do it
>plz go thru the vehicle cemetary
>plz go thru the red forest
>plz die

No.

OP here, definitely not gonna go to the elephants foot just so some btards can see my ass get irradiated. Can't go into the zone without a guide that's the problem, the authorities have set up thermal imaging and they also have canine patrols so I need someone who knows the landscape pretty well.

>Goes to Chernoybyl for kicks
>get skin cancer 30 years later
Do it

just take the tour, google solo east travel

i was there summer 16

Yeah no. It kills you.

Was planning to visit chernobyl myself a couple of years ago. First of all, there is no need to "sneak in", because there are companies that organize trips to chernobyl / pripyat for tourists, so first of all you should look into that.

So what you do is:
- Book a tour to pripyat (some are with a one night stay in the "zone")
- Go to Kiev, from where all those tours are organized.
- You will get taken to pripyat by bus, and since those tour operators have permits, you will have no issues clearing the checkpoints that you need to go through.

>people (mostly elders) live there
>All other reactors were active until late 2000's with engineers working there
>OP think it's video game

Plz fuck yourself

I did it.
- Guides will take you everywhere you want but they won't get close to some metal structures (big wheel, etc.). There's 2 place you don't want to go, red forest (not red anymore, deadly) and car cemetary (deadly)
- Don't steal anything
- Go there in winter so the snow "stick" the radiation to the ground
- Throw your clothes after

So the official guides will take you anywhere you want to go? It's quite expensive for a private tour(4-5 people) isn't it?

Google it, I'm not a travel agency.

The vehicle cementery is cleaned up.

google.com/maps/@51.153543,29.980209,729m/data=!3m1!1e3

Captcha: Busses

>did not read thread
>result

You couldn't be more wrong. Some of those forests are so bad in certain areas that the leaves on the ground won't even decompose. It's an issue because one small fire will send deadly dosages in the air

Yeah real safe considering the fallout won't disappear until long after the sun dies