WHICH BANDS HAVE HELPED YOU PROGRESS IN YOUR MUSICAL TASTE

As a result of listening to Liturgy, I have become able to really appreciate groove metal and nu-metal bands with simplistic chug riffs and tough guy lyrics.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yyr2gEouEMM
youtube.com/watch?v=n7_Z08hnla0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Can 100% changed the foundations of what I thought was possible for music at the time. Really opened my eyes and mind to trying new music and actively seeking it out

youtube.com/watch?v=yyr2gEouEMM

If I told you that a flower bloomed in a dark room would you trust it?

mostly post-rock and progressive rock bands

Cunninglynguists did a lot to help me into hip hop
Mogwai for post-rock and instrumental stuff in general
The Angelic Process for drone
Everything Debussy and Holst's The Planets for classical
A weird one but pic related helped a lot for post-hardcore

Yes teached me that actually thinking about the theory of what the artist is doing mellodically might sometimes be fun and is actually something valid.

O Rappa teached me to not close my eyes to post dictatorship Brazilian music(I used to think that Brazil's music quality was going away after the dictatorship)

Boards of Canada was the the first in my deviation from typical EDM and Brostep. Showing me the power of having good atmosphere.

o, ye of little faith

Tool introduced me to a lot of heavier and more experimental music, but I think the first one that made my taste progress more was Swans

Suprised nobody posted this yet. I can't thank this album enough for changing my music taste forever. (used to be le wrong generation faggot)

yeah Pangaea was some of the earliest bleeps I listened to. Forever underrated.

The Dillinger Escape Plan helped me get into both heavier and experimental stuff. It also radically changed what I expected from a song.

Twice

oh yeah. Completely forgot about snsd for kpop

Router changes lives for sure, I'm sure many student house parties have been ripe with ephihany from that one. Heres some more bleep that does it:

youtube.com/watch?v=n7_Z08hnla0

this

This Heat foreshadowed my interest in Avant-Prog, Post-Rock, and Sound Collage. I owe them everything.

Merzbow
Soulja Boy

loool i dont think router gets played at house parties much mate...

also that tune u posted is a shiter compared to router, doesn't even hold a candle to it

fuck off pard

lol wtf

Radiohead and Pink Floyd are the two bands that really got me 'into' music.