I'm drinking for the first time ever right now

I'm drinking for the first time ever right now.
>26 years old.
>grew up in a fucked up religious church of god household.
>too focused on my studies to give it a go in college/gradschool.

i have a few questions for anyone with experience.

>does drinking on an empty/full stomach make a big difference?
>do the different kinds of alcohol (vodka, whiskey, beer, wine etc) really get you different kinds of drunk?
>should i expect a big ass hangover?

Drinking other drinks makes you drunk in a different way.
Drinking with a full stomach makes you less drunk
Hangovers depend on the person and how much you sleep and how much you drank

OP here.
I'm drinking grey goose 80 proof with orange juice. if i drink 750 ml bottle, how fucked up will i be?

Oh and I'm 6'4" prolly like 215 lbs. i know that makes a difference.

Can you elaborate on the different drunks?

Height makes a difference? kek

manlet detected

beware the tequila

>>does drinking on an empty/full stomach make a big difference?
It slows down the absorption so it won't hit you like a truck.
>>do the different kinds of alcohol (vodka, whiskey, beer, wine etc) really get you different kinds of drunk?
Entirely subjective. In a good mood and slam tequila you'll be a happy drunk. In a bad mood and you'll start singing the "tequila makes me mean" song.
>>should i expect a big ass hangover?
Drink plenty of water, both during your alcohol consumption and after you're done 'drinking'. Hangover is mainly due to being dehydrated.

**If you feel like you've overdone things and want to puke DO NOT try to fight it. You're better off at that point getting rid of the excess alcohol in your system quickly than trying to 'man' your way through it.

Right on. I'm sippin my way through some vodka/oj and i gotta say i should have been doing this for a while.
how much does this being my first time play into it? like not just physical tolerance but mental tolerance as well.

Don't let the whiskey get a hold of you.

First time you always get smashed.
Limit yourself and you'll be fine

That's a myth. The ingredient in alcohol that gets you drunk is ethanol. Some alcohols do give you worse hangovers. Really low quality liquor/dark liquors are more prone to hangovers.

Drinking sugary drinks like fruit juice increase the chance of a hangover.

if you plan to drink whole bottle you gonna get wasted
And the worst hangover is when you mix different alcohols

It's a common myth that different kinds of alcohol produce different kinds of drunk. The active substance inside Alcohol is Ethanol. Ethanol is a single molecule and does not variate, whatsoever.

If you drink the entire bottle you will probably get alcohol poisoning. Especially with no tolerance

my plan is to drink as much of this bottle as i can. it doesn't seem that big but i'm about 1/3 of the way in and i'm doing fine. i just feel fuzzy and fucking talkative.

gimme some shit to do other than call my ex and tell her shes a cunt

if you drink it all you will likely blackout

>call ex

Probably the only thing you will do till you pass out mate

Take it from someone with stomach ulcers and a ruined liver.

Do not drink on an empty stomach. Ever. It catches up to you. Do not mix alcohol with pills of any sort. Stomach ulcers man, stomach ulcers

can you nignogs back the "different alcohol gets you different drunk" with any science?

>it doesn't seem that big but i'm about 1/3 of the way in and i'm doing fine. i just feel fuzzy and fucking talkative.
It always starts like that, just wait till it hits you bad, that will happened sooner than you think. And NEVER text your ex drunk, that is the worst thing you can ever do
And only slavs can drink the whole bottle

Just pace yourself OP. Remember if you feel yourself getting a little too drunk, stop then, because there's still more in your system to be absorbed, and if you keep drinking you'll get sick.

Just have to figure out your body and it's tolerances. When I had no tolerance, I drank 8oz of vodka over an hour and a half and got miserably sick. Now my tolerance is so high from alcoholism I drink 2 handles a week, and more if I have a lot of days off.

No, this is what you are supposed to do when you're drunk. Everyone does it. Shit, once i called a land lord from 4 years ago just to say fuck you

i just wanna tell her i love her still and that she is the worst human i've ever encountered.

Don't do it op.

Don't fucking do it.

Everyone wants to do that, most of us did that and everyone regrets doing that

At no tolerance, you will potentially die from consuming that much alcohol, especially if you go quickly. I'm a seasoned alcoholic and if I drink 750 I'm gonna feel it the next day but I'll live.

Wut i want a cheap fancy watch. I want bitches to say, 'Yeah, he's got money. I'll fuck him and not deny it two weeks later.'

>>does drinking on an empty/full stomach make a big difference?
get drunk much quicker. I was warned this will get you diabeetus

>>do the different kinds of alcohol (vodka, whiskey, beer, wine etc) really get you different kinds of drunk?
differs depending on the person. I find I get violent on vodka, but eventually if I drink enuf I'll get violent on everything. Mixing drinks often has bad consequences

>>should i expect a big ass hangover?
depends what/how much you drink, if you keep hydrated, how much you sleep etc.
If you drink a pint of water before going to sleep it is supposed to help, but I find I just piss the bed instead, so make do with horrendous hangovers

>>I'm drinking grey goose 80 proof with orange juice. if i drink 750 ml bottle, how fucked up will i be?
50-60mls of 80 proof equates to about a pint of beer. So that would be about 12-15 pints. If you drink it quickly you'll probably pass out

>Drink plenty of water, both during your alcohol consumption and after you're done 'drinking'.
I don't know about during, but if I chug a big tankard of water before bed, it keeps me hydrated and caused me to wake up before dawn to piss, at which point I drink another glass of water to wash down 3 aspirin. Magic: no hangover.

Not OP. I've tried many drinks but not so much tequila except desparados. I've read tequila can make you happy, is this true?

Oh yeah and when youre drinking be sure to drink water too. Dehydration is what causes hangovers.

Don't let drinking become too big a part of your life, OP. You really can damage your organs.

Can you honestly say you've done a lot of drinking and never noticed a difference? Let me drop this little nugget on you for thought. We don't drink pure alcohol. It's very impure (a reason why you shouldn't inject it) and those impurities are composed largely of the original ingredients. So why wouldn't those other ingredients not cause a difference in absorption, retention, body-specific Rx...

Difference alcohols don't get you different kinds of drunk.

These guys. They got it.

Everyone regrets doing that

I dont.

Did she take you back?

I need a beer

I want to get wasted too but my next day off is thursday

>And only slavs can drink the whole bottle
Wat? What kind of bad drinker are you?
A 40% 750ml bottle are 12 beer, that is beginner drinking volume.

can you drink the 0,7L bottle of vodka on your own?

Nah, he found his way to inner earth and those are giantesses

I see, you drink wrong. When drinking you either are with friends or alone the whole night. That means between 6 and 10 hours. Drinking 2 beer per hour in 6 hours is not that big of a deal.

So then stop drinking 10 hours before your shift and you'll be fine. Sleep it off. That's what I do every day... sometimes only like 7hrs before my shift... or 6... i'm a drunk

Different alcohols are made from different ingredients. Whiskey is made from corn, rye, etc tequila is made from agave, rum is made from sugarcane. There are different levels of sugar in each. Sugar=shittier hangover and shittier drunk feel. Not to mention additions for flavoring. Lower shit tier alcohol (Popov, captain morgan) have loads of added flavors. If alcohol were just alcohol we would all just drink moonshine and be done with it.

This only works if you don't drink enough to get sick. Sometimes really bad hangovers will last longer than the time that you sleep.

If I drink with friends it goes usually faster and we have much more then I can endure.
shame that I have to move 3000 km away from my friends so now i have to drink alone

And I wonder how OP is doing

Meh at this point I think I'm just constantly hung over and it goes away when I drink again, which is usually the minute I'm off work.

mixing doesn't do much difference. dink much water and you won't get a hangover. and drink slow especially then you are beginner.

Well yeah if you're a literal alcoholic you probably know how to handle your shit more than most.

You wont get as hungover if you drink water. It doesn't completely make the hangover go away if you drink enough.

>Entirely subjective.
Sorry if using 2 multi-syllabic words in a row confuses you.

Drink water and G2 as you drink / after you stop.
Take 800mg of Ibuprophen before bed.
Take a daily multivitamin.
Piss before bed (don't piss the bed)

These help prevent hangovers.

>does drinking on an empty/full stomach make a big difference?
Yes. Drinking on an empty stomach will make you get drunker, more quickly. It's easier to overdo it, albeit it's always easy to overdo it when drinking if you aren't careful, and maybe even if you are. Oh, and if you do end up puking, you'll be happy that you have something in your stomach to actually puke up--dry heaves are hell.

>do the different kinds of alcohol (vodka, whiskey, beer, wine etc) really get you different kinds of drunk?
Science says no. Anyone who's ever drank more than one type of alcoholic beverage will tell you yes. I don't usually like personal anecdote over scientific fact, but I enjoy both beer and whiskey. Whiskey is my favorite, and that's because I find that it produces a distinct effect that I like over beer's. Also, I don't feel as fucked up and unable to function somewhat with whiskey. I can drink it all day and still be able to carry on conversations coherently or engage in some activities. I also usually dont get sick from it, or end up with a hangover. A six pack or more will make me feel like absolute shit at some point in the near future, and turn my brain to mush.

>should i expect a big ass hangover?

If you overdo it. Don't drink as if it's a contest, and try not to guzzle it. Drink it slowly, and actually take the time to enjoy it. You'll be better able to tell how much it's affecting you. When you drink fast, you'll find that you are far more likely to miscalculate just how it's affecting you. Also, try to drink a little water in between drinks. You don't have to drink insane amounts, and in fact shouldn't because that can make you sick too. You just need enough to fight dehydration, which is a large contributor to hangover. Avoid low quality alcohol too if possible. With beer, hobo swill like budweiser are made with large amounts of fillers, particularly rice, which is why it will inevitably give you a headache.

OP stopped replying.

I think he died of alcohol poisoning.

If Jesus didn't want you to drink, why did people complain to him that they were out of wine and Jesus go "Party on!" and made the best damn wine anyone had ever had?

False. It's ethyl-alcohol. Str8 ethanol will just kill you.

>Anyone who's ever drank more than one type of alcoholic beverage will tell you yes.
That's because they drink different types of alcohol with different groups of friends who have varied personalities.

i.e. they associate the behavior they partake in with that group (i.e. getting in a fight) with the fact they had lots of a particular alcohol (tequila) that night.

There's literally no difference in how it effects your brain.

Drink what you like the taste of, stop blaming the booze for your attitudes.

>26 years old
>first time drinking

Are u also a virgin?

drink a good amount of water before bed, take a glass of water with you, youll wake up thirsty in the night. water is the key to avoiding a hangover, alcohol dehydrates you.

Also, dont piss the bed.