What happens when you die?

What happens when you die?

Is there a God?

Other urls found in this thread:

galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't know. Kys and tell us what happens.

shameless self bump.

There is a god as its very unlikely that the complex world that we barely understand was created in a random series of events.
No one knows what happens after u die

>what happens when you die?
Generally you are either buried in the ground or cremated.
>Is there a God?
There's no good reason to think so.

I like to think when we die theres just a feeling of contempt. No memories or consciousness,
and maybe eventually were reborn

No one knows, form opinions
Maybe god maybe no god, fuck it,
you are all terrible anyways

No reason to think there isnt either
So much uncertainty :[

Just because there's a slim chance doesn't mean there is no chance. It's even more unlikely that a god of any known religion exists as there are countless gods and 0 proof it evidence to say otherwise. But whatever makes you happy prior to your eternal stay in the void.

There's no reason to think that there aren't polka dot aliens in the Andromeda galaxy plotting to steal all our onions either.

In an infinite universe, there's an infinite amount of polka dot aliens lusting after our onions.

> your eternal stay in the void.
I like to think of this more like a dreamless sleep.

>It's even more unlikely that a god of any known religion exists as there are countless gods and 0 proof it evidence to say otherwise.
I agree.

>Just because there's a slim chance doesn't mean there is no chance.
I think we will never know for sure but the fact that the universe is so complex is surely got me in the theist camp. If electricity ,wich we use daily and seems like we had it forever, we discovered not long ago who knows what were missing right now.

Assuming that complexity requires intent is a common problem that people have. We have a bad habit of seeing patterns even when there's no actual pattern to see.

nothing. no.

roll

No one knows. So don't believe what anyone says.

No one knows. So don't believe what anyone says

No one knows. So don't believe what anyone says

The human brain is all we have and it might be too little to make definitive statements about the world. My point is that to say "its all meaningless and random" is a huge overestimation of our capability to comprehend the universe.

What happens when a dog dies?

Is there a God?

galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html

Neil degrassi Tyson says we're living in a simulation. Kinda like...a highly advance version of GTA V or Skyrim being monitored by some kind of higher being. Only thing this....we actually believe we're real.

there is a god, he doesn't give a shit what you do and there is no afterlife

Yet you claim to be in the theist camp despite admitting that you might not be able to make definitive statements about the world.

he doesn't say that

death and an angel make an infinity symbol and then old people go in and young people go out. there's also a river and some wild animals

Do you fear death? What about it scares you?
Do you fear eternal nothingness? Nothing is just a human concept, find and show me anything in the universe or in nature that is nothing. You cant. Why would our experience be any different? Just imagine falling asleep and never waking up. Thats Death. Imagine now waking up after never falling asleep Thats birth. I dont think an experience of nothing can exist. Something will happen your energy and body will go back to the Earth in some way. Whatever happens its not something to fear

What happens? What happens when you don't die? That happens.

Is there a God? Our existence is proof we were created, that's undenyable. Is God a sentient being or simply matter and energy itself? I've never heard of anyone qualified to answer that.

Thank you for this. I've suffered from existential death anxiety for years now, and last night I sought help. I believe your post is a sign of something.

I have to make a choice based on insufficient information and live my life.

All the DMT in your pineal gland releases, you see some crazy shit, then you fall asleep.

Define created.

Just live your life and be happy, Use death as a catalyst to enjoy life because one day your fears will go away, why not just conquer them now? it is inevitable

Do you believe in other things when there's insufficient information?

I assume you go back to where you came out of in the first place. And then promptly come back out.

If there is a god, he doesn't care about us. Look at the world around you.

...your mom's vagina?

You were born from dust, and you return to dust when you die. Nothing special happens. Your body just withers away into the ground and you become fertilizer.

Listen to some Alan Watts, he talks about death in a few of the recordings. Nothing to fear

Thank you, again.

Will do, thank you.

I deny that.

Or maybe his post means shit and you want to believe what makes you feel comfortable.

Anytime, to help others is to help yourself

Nothing. You came out of your mothers vagina after you came out of nothing.

>What happens when you die?

The answer It's already written on the bible, you dumbass.

u r buried
there isnt

Why would you come back out of nothing again?

If, after your death, you are in the same situation of so-called non-existance as before your birth, then the absolute truth is that you will be reborn again. Why? Because you were born out of that no-thingness already. Here you are, you're alive, out of the same no-thing you will go into, you have come out of, for no reason at all. Therefore, that implies you will live forever as one form or another, or as pure consciousness.

Those corrected Bibles sure are helpful.

Why did you come out of nothing this time? Because why the fuck not, that's why.

That's not an answer. You show up once and there's no evidence I'm aware of that you ever show up again.

We probably cease to exist.
There has been no evidence to the contrary as of yet.

>Therefore, that implies you will live forever as one form or another, or as pure consciousness.
It implies no such thing.

Nothing isnt a real thing. 0 isnt a number.
That is evidence that something will happen one way or the other

No one said this is your first time being conscious. You can't prove that you weren't, just like you can't prove that you were.

It's all speculation.

No he doesn't.

roll

Invalid question. Thanks to quantum physics I'm actually immortal. You may one day perceive me to die but I can only perceive universes in which I'm alive.

Heat and water create condensation. I create a texture overlay in photoshop. C17H25N creates PCP. The grand canyon was created through years of erosion. Creation can have intentional forethought or be a natural occurance.

Are you asking me to define it in this specific case in which I already stated I'm not qualified to do so? If so, I'm not qualified to do so.

This is the best answer yet.

>Getting sassy aren't we?
I phrased that poorly , "undefinitive information".
Information that doesn't allow me to make to arrive at a obiectively right conclussion that im so sure of that i can convince others with scientific statements.

If you choose to be an atheist or theist you make your decision based on a hunch and i think i expressed my hunch .

>Do you believe in other things when there's insufficient information?
I think you know this is a special matter.

They can't have our onions. Don't you get it? First it's the onions, then it's our lolis. I won't have it.

roam earth for 40 days seeing whaever is happening going wherever you want the just lights and stuf but you feel bliss

Biology, physics , cause and effect - were all critical reasons why you were born - not 'out of the ether' but from the refined genes of a billion life forms that preceded you.

This is your one and only life ... deal with it faggot. When you die, you rot... there is nothing after

>Reborn

Into what? Inanimate objects?

Cool story, bro.

>No one said this is your first time being conscious.
That's what the available evidence points to.
>You can't prove that you weren't, just like you can't prove that you were.
Absence of evidence is not evidence.
>It's all speculation
Mine is simpler.

I don't know but I'm eager to find out. I just hope whatever is waiting for me on the other side is better than this miserable existence I'm living now

Sure it does, user. You coming out of nothing, at random, is proof enough that it can and will happen. Now what doesn't make sense, is to imply that you go into nothingness for all eternity, because if that was the case we wouldn't be here having this civil discussion.

Plain and simple, if nothingness was forever we wouldn't be here.

We're resurrected in a computer simulation by a later civilization who has mastered non-physical time travel.

For some it is a heaven (or hell) of their own choice. Basically deep down we feel remorse for any bad things we've done, even if those bad things gave us physical pleasure, so many enter their own hell until they find redemption.

Some are content to sit at the left hand of who they think is god.

Others figure out what they are in, and eventually leave the simulation in an immortal machine bodies and see the wonders of the universe.

And some choose to delete themselves. Self chosen oblivion.

God, not the onions. TopKek

>If you choose to be an atheist or theist you make your decision based on a hunch
You don't though. You can simply not believe things for which there isn't reason to believe.
>I think you know this is a special matter.
How do you figure?

Of you are asserting that your consciousness re-asserts itself , then it's down to you to provide proof for that hypothesis,...otherwise , stop talking such patent bullshit

Show me some proof for your claims, bucko.

>You coming out of nothing, at random, is proof enough that it can and will happen.
It's proof that it can and will happen once. It is not proof that it can and will happen more than once.
>because if that was the case we wouldn't be here having this civil discussion.
That does not follow.

The answer of someone that knows im right

Does it matter?

I'm sure that a highly developed life form like that has already discovered the recipe for synthetic onions.

Nothing

On a grand scale it does. It matters a whole fucking lot. Personally? It shouldn't.

nothing, just like how it was before you were born.

nope. no such thing.

Most likely we are in a computer simulation already.

Consider the following :

1. A computer capable of simulating a physical universe at a basic level (gravity, atomic forces, subatomic forces, etc) could already be built. A computer powerful enough to handle the calculations in real time would me tremendously expensive to simulate even 1 solar system's worth of material, but is absolutely possible with even current generation hardware.

2. If 1 is possible, then before too long a computer capable of simulating a universe is possible since it is nothing but a matter of scale (and computer power is nowhere near maxing out). In time, someone will create a "pocket virtual universe"

3. If we can create a universe nearly indistinguishable from ours in a computer simulation, then you could build a universe simulator inside of that universe.

4. At this point, infinite universes nested in each other becomes possible. We are now unlikely to be at the top of that chain.

You're the one implying that it's nonexistence after we die, I believe it's you that needs to show evidence for that.

Like I said before, if nothingness was forever then that's exactly how it would be, we wouldn't be experiencing life as we do now.

Sorry you can't wrap your brain around that, user.

If I die, there is one God less on earth. That one is for sure.

>Nothing is just a human concept
That's a really powerful quote you got there

Theres only one king billy & thats McNeil

Topkek mate

Do you not see all the people being born everyday? It seems to me that consciousness has popped up more than once. You're already wrong.

Satan: thou art a stumbling-block unto me

>its very unlikely that the complex world that we barely understand was created in a random series of events

Do you have a source for this claim?

>Do you not see all the people being born everyday?
Yes, and each person appears to be different from all the others.
>It seems to me that consciousness has popped up more than once.
Not the same consciousness.
>You're already wrong.
Prove it.

Fuck that phony

>What happens when you die?
>Is there a God?

No, get over it...

You only have one life, there is no purpose, just enjoy it like an ultra HD 4K VR experience until it ends.

Some argue we die every night.

Life is nothing but the continuation of consciousness. Everyone loses consciousness when asleep. Without the continuation of consciousness you have no real proof that you were the same person yesterday as today.

Sure you can make an educated guess that you were yesterday. But can you be sure? Sadly no...

"I think therefore I am"

And at night, we all stop thinking.

This is getting repetitive.

>You can simply not believe things for which there isn't reason to believe.

Reason to believe:
-evolution
-only life form discovered
-only rational animal
>exceptional things that happened for no reason in a matter only world with no creator

Why aren't we just another planet with only dust in it?

etc.

Do you remember the time before you were born?
Dying is the same.

How is any of that reason to believe? You are essentially saying "it seems implausible to me that this could occur naturally, therefore God".

That's not actually a reason.

I half-way agree, but can't base my life on something that MAY be a thing. I couldn't be anyone else anyways.

There is a fun theory, the homunculus theory or something like that (I am too lazy to look it up).

It states that any person you meet could in fact be basically a "zombie". Not the brain eating type, but like they act like they think, feel, etc. but in reality they have no "humanity". They don't really have a "soul" basically.

Most people think of themselves as having a "true" self. A little person watching from inside their heads. These "zombies" don't have that. They may say they do, they may act like, but they really don't. The point of the thought experiment is that it is impossible to tell they are lying.

At night I think of cunt
I blow ropes therefore I am
We are all spunk in the wind