Im a 22 y/o unemployed failure at life ama

Im a 22 y/o unemployed failure at life ama

It's okay

Tomorrow is a new day. You can make that day count.

How do I get on welfare?

>unemployed
>failure at life
Pick 1

you're 22 years old, you're little more than a kid still, grow the fuck up

not a clue still living with parents just waiting till i get to the tendie stage

We all feelthat way at least a couple times throughout life.

get a job dude. i just graduated college in may and its taking me forever to get a real job. I got a job as a bus boy to occupy my time and it makes it easier with some money coming in.

This. No matter how menial the job is at your next big interview you can say, "I worked at X doing Y for a couple years. I wasn't going to sit on the couch all day so I went to work."

Instead of, "Yeah i couldn't find a job I wanted so I collected Unemployment for a year and a half"

What major? I graduated in May and found a job in my field in a month.

Chemistry major master race reporting in

look for work in a warehouse you faggot

>unemployed
>being sad about not being a wage-cuck

Go in the Military if you don't have better shit to do.

Have them also pay for some college so you can figure out what you want to do for the rest of your life.

Unless you want to be on unemployment or flipping burgers for the rest of your life.

Tell us what happened? Did you get laid off or straight up fired?

What job did you work?

Did you go to college at all?

Let me guess, you are on "disability"

can you explain to me what a cemical is?

>Join the military

I did six years in the navy. Now I'm finishing my bachelor's and applying for grad school. I actually make money going to school, and have no loans.

However, if you join up, be prepared to get treated like a child, hate your life much of the time, and get deployed way more often than recruiters tell you. In fact, everything the recruiter tells you is a lie. AMA if you want to know something though.

user, 22 is not even started. You are literally still at the very beginning. Consider tomorrow the beginning and start fresh.

It will likely be a slog for you but you should start with literally any job you can get and you should stay away from weed.

What rate?
Don't be a dumb faggot and get stuck as some nigger's subordinate. Rank is based on time in and nothing to do with competence. You'll hate your life.

Do you think you are privileged enough to deserve to get paid to go to school loan free?

All because you decided to join the service.

haven't found work in the last 7 months and I am a college grad in art. I may have some prospects in retail soon. I screwed up an oppurtunity for a graphic designer job (which is why i was unemployed for so long since I was focused on that) by not getting the proper paper work on time so yeah i am a failure

Wagie located

>What rate?
Machinist's Mate (Nuclear)

I got push button promoted to E-4 out of A school. E-5 at arouND 2 years in, and E-6 by 4 years in.

Competence matters, but mostly on the promotion tests, and in getting a position that looks good on evals. Evals are very subjective though, and no amount of skills or hard work will get you a better evaluation than the girl who sucks your chief's dick.

Wow is OP me? Same situation, same age.

At least I make good money, faggot. Enjoy being a leach to society for the rest of your life.

I think I earned funding for college as a contractual benefit of my precious employment, yes.

Previous. Fuck.

Nothing precious about sailors.

so how is the military life exactly im thinking about joining whatever branch takes me

Not if you can't spell it

Well, then take whatever you can get in the mean time, even though it feels humiliating.

Meanwhile keep looking for art job opportunities. Maybe if you haven't been out of school too long, contact your old professors for advice/job offers. They might know of a position.

same here! i come for wisdow, i feel like shit

:(

>Im a 22 y/o unemployed failure at life ama

Old guy here.
Lemme give you some free advice.
I know you won't listen, but that's your fault not mine.

The entire problem with you and your generation
is you think that life ends at 22.
It begins at 22.
You can't be a failure at something that has only just started.

You've been fed a sea of movies and novels like Harry Potter and Divergence
where everybody does all the great stuff in their teen years
and adults are out-of-touch and ineffectual.
Oh, except for that one old person in every story
representing the parent that supports the hero through all the efforts lol.

Grow up and realize that you're basing your worldview on a fiction,
then get up tomorrow and start your damn life.

you still living at home too out of a job for over 6 months?

>Whatever branch takes me.

Don't think of it like that. Youre selling yourself to them for a period of time. Get the best value for your time.

I went navy nuke because it's a demanding engineering program that interested me. So first, what are your interests?

you sure about dat big boi?

my interests are in art and anything creative but also technology although I don't know much of the latter

Do it on live stream, we're bored

not either of these guys but another user in the same situation, and yes been out for 11 months

Don't tempt me honey. I haven't sucked any cock since I got out and I'm raring to go.

>At least I make good money, faggot.
Ahh the bitterness of the wagecuck, when will they learn?

where were you at when u were 22

>good money
how is your shitbox and tiny apartment user? how many days till the check comes in and you feel free again for a week?

Maybe get a job?

>muh designated freetime
Wagecucks are literally subhuman trash

Okay. I know for a fact the navy has PR departments with photographers and writers. Many bases and large ships have their own newspapers, and the navy also maintains a social media presence so they always need content for that.

You can be an artist in the military, although it's probably pretty soulless.

Since you have your degree though, you might be able to get in as an officer, although I don't know if an art degree qualifies you.

My experience of enlisted life was one of servitude. Youre expected to work long hours (12 hours on, 12 off in shipyard. 5 hour watches, 10 "off" in between where you do maintenance and training). Your comfort and even your health is not a priority.

However, you will learn a lot of skills, like firefighting, first aid, and cpr. You will learn your rate, which always has applications to the real world. And, you will learn what you're capable of, how resilient you can be.

Im glad I did my time but I wouldn't want to go back, lol.

When I was 22 I was taking out loans to pay for my college education.
I got a degree in a stem field, and it took me months to find a job.
When I got one, I drove a rusty shitbox, bought cheap patio furniture for my room, and missed the occasional meal.
After about 5 years of this I had gotten enough raises to pay off my student loan,
and then I was able to start saving for a house,
which I bought a few years later by moving to a cheaper part of the country.

>mfw my life has gotten progressively worse since I got clean
>mfw I could fail like a motherfucker and still feel alright
>mfw I actually had more income/expenses when I was still gettin high af and hustling
>mfw I pray every day I don't wake up now
>killing myself sounds better than going back to being scum, but people look down on an hero even more than being a junkie
>wtf is this shit, why do people even try?

Such a nobel story of a man just trying to find his way in the world, the brave uphill struggle part had me on the edge of my seat!

nah fuck that shit mang

how tough is the boot camp ik i have to pass that before they even consider me

>nobel
>noble lol

That's the real story of the world,
not the ones you see in the movie theater.
That's why you millennial losers are so confused -
culture sold you a lie and now that's what you expect.

That's why you sit around here making whiny threads
about how much your life is over by 22.

cont.
But, if you were a photographer or something like that, your hours will probably be better and you'll work in an air conditioned office.

You'll still do deployments, but those can be fun, and port calls are a blast.

The food is generally pretty bad, but you can bring your own stuff along to augment it.

Your chain of command rules your life. If you have a good one, life is good, and if you have a bad one, then life is bad. Any job you have in the real world might have a bad boss, but imagine if that boss also controlled when you got to sleep, or eat, or go home from work. Much of the military's middle managers are petty people who rose to their positions through attrition.

In general, at this point, I would recommend not getting into the military at this time except as a last resort.

>nah fuck that shit mang

You're right.
I'ts much easier to sit on your ass playing video games,
changing minimum wage jobs every 6 months,
and whining how your life sucks.

>I know you won't listen, but that's your fault not mine.

...and I called it

Yeah man, kids are cunts.
Tell us another story of your heroic life

Boot is the easiest thing you will do in the military, even though it will feel difficult at the time.

Basucally it works like this. You sign a contract with a recruiter. They give you a ship date. On that date you go to a processing center called MEPS, swear your oath of enlistment, and get flown to recruit training command.

For the next 8 weeks you learn the basics of being a sailor, like uinforms and marching and shit. You PT a lot. You get yelled at a lot. It's all a big head game.

If nobody in your life has ever been mean to you, it's going to feel very degrading and hurtful.

But, as long as you get through it, you go to A school where things are more relaxed, and then the fleet, where they're better still, even if your real job gets harder.

Thanks for being a condescending faggot, but I'm sure you know that will get 100% of people to listen to your dumb story so nicely played. If you didn't act like a douche and your shit wasn't all retarded I might take what you are saying with a grain of salt.

>STEM field
>First job doesnt pay shit
>Student loans

Bro you got swindled. I mean most engineering students I know get hired for $40-$60k starting. If you were struggling then maybe you picked the wrong field or had a low GPA.