Behold, the mighty Russian navy

Behold, the mighty Russian navy.

Other urls found in this thread:

warisboring.com/cash-strapped-russia-cant-afford-to-modernize-its-only-aircraft-carrier/
youtube.com/watch?v=fRVhCl02ssk
youtube.com/watch?v=XeGCEDSh1FI
bbc.com/news/world-asia-40323069
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_cruiser_Murmansk_(1955)
businessinsider.com/how-russia-dismantles-its-old-nuclear-subs-2014-10
lasmejoresideasdejeugenio.wordpress.com/2014/11/05/desmantelamiento-de-submarinos-nucleares-rusos/
youtube.com/watch?v=4AUkcPa76wY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Well of course it LOOKS like shit.
Put it back in the fucking water so that shit can be rinsed off.

>being this dumb

them warp nascelles do still look fine

its next level camouflage you turd so it can perfectly blend in with the maritime environment ya idiot

You're retarded. That's a submarine, that shit needs to be cleaned off imediately because that makes it easier for your ship to be heard with sonar.

Those would be barnacles, and they are eating away at the steel hull. From the looks of it, that sub hasnt been out of the water for a good dry dock inspection in 20+ years

It's a picture of an old Victor-class submarine that was being scrapped.

it's a picture from '09 of a sub being scrapped kids. calm down.

didn't work out on /k/ so you came here?

Sure it's not a surplus sub? Russia has a few of those. Also, they've got it out of the water, I can only assume they're going to do something about that while it's out.

Either way, my advice is to buy Pepsi stock. They might be about to cut another deal with the world's sixth largest maritime power.

Someone said it was actually being scrapped, so it probably sat in the water mothballed for 20 years gathering barnacles first.

So my pepsi stock is as worthless as this second-rate soda with a funky aftertaste? WHY!?!

Well, at least there's still Dr. Pepper.

warisboring.com/cash-strapped-russia-cant-afford-to-modernize-its-only-aircraft-carrier/

"navy"

youtube.com/watch?v=fRVhCl02ssk
Choo Choo! Mighty Russian Navy coming though!

Phuq that was embarrassing to watch.

Putin must have been so proud.

>tfw your country can't even deploy 1 carrier strike group
pic is actually outdated, the US has 11 now.

Cockhole psl...

all the men in that picture are drunk

i'm starting to feel sick. i needed a picture of what a real navy looks like

Behold, The Kursk, a russian submarine that sank in the atlantic and sat on the bottom for almost two years. You fucking retard.

>tfw you cant afford a rescue mission

Also might have been a political nightmare to retrieve depending on what it sank near.

do you have any idea how complicated it is to recover a sunken ship from the ocean floor? It generally makes more sense to just leave them there, unless, you know, they have nuclear missiles. 2 years for that kind of operation is not bad at all.

The ship has its own smoke screen genius, from a distance the enemy navy will think a volcano is approaching

1. They did attempt a rescue mission, but their DSV was built in the 60s and had poor maintenance and could not connect (this also occurred not long after the soviet collapse, there wasn't alot of money pouring into russian military at the time, so you are right)

2. It pretty much was. The sub sank somewhere in the atlantic if i remember correctly (i was 10 at the time). The russian government had to hire a norwegian company to salvage the wreck.

That look almost like our subs. Thats mostly barnacles and ocean shit. It's the reason why this is on the dock and not the water, it's getting cleaned the fuck off.

>Yeah I know it's bait.

u laff u luuss

youtube.com/watch?v=XeGCEDSh1FI

it was a huge-ass news story at the time, the basic gist was they really didn't have the technology for getting it up before the people would die

so by that logic they may as well take their time

bbc.com/news/world-asia-40323069

In contrast, here is a US destroyer that got in the way of a tanker. This ship has the most advanced sensors in the fleet. Yet it got rammed by a ship 3x its size that was broadcasting to the destroyer "move you faggot"

Not going to defend the Russian Navy's quality overall, because it can be quite atrocious, but some of the images here aren't entirely correct. There are some ships and subs left over from the USSR days that have simple been abandoned like Is the ex-Soviet Cruiser Murmansk which was being towed to India for scrapping but ran aground and was left there for a while.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_cruiser_Murmansk_(1955)

Is not the Kursk or any other Oscar II.
According to reverse image search, the subs in the OP are two Victor IIIs which were being scrapped.
businessinsider.com/how-russia-dismantles-its-old-nuclear-subs-2014-10

>> Yet it got rammed by a ship 3x its size that was broadcasting to the destroyer "move you faggot"

HA!

fucking lol

The sonar pods and two screw configuration looks an awful lot like the Kursk, i didnt look further into it cause i never came across other russian subs with a double screw design. Cool shit.

They actually had to have it towed to Syria

>2 firetrucks at the ready on the deck
this looks like one of their rare crash free days.

this is an outdated Russian nuclear submarine that was disassembled in 2009 approximately... it had been out of service for over 10 years...

source: lasmejoresideasdejeugenio.wordpress.com/2014/11/05/desmantelamiento-de-submarinos-nucleares-rusos/ if you don't understand it it's your problem, learn Spanish, faggot.

USS Fitzgerald

>implying it would be running at full sensors while parked.

That threw me off for a minute as well. I couldn't think of any subs that have two pods or screws like that. Because of their nature, a lot of designs look very similar and cannot be told apart unless you really know your stuff. Subs aren't like surface warships.
The reason it looks weird is because it's two boats being transported on a barge. Look at the image in the Business Insider link and you can just see the other sail poking out.

parked? that bitch was moving.

post more beached/capsized ships/submarines

I don't see what the problem is. Russia doesn't need its navy to project force anywhere near as badly as the US needs its navy. They focus on ground war with air support, as opposed to the US focusing on high-tech air war with naval support. Given that Russia's on the same landmass as everything that matters but the US, they could theoretically just drive anywhere they need to get to, and they have plenty of tanks to drive there in.

Russia also tends to operate a bit closer to home than the US does. They're really active around Russia, but besides a couple police actions in the Middle East, they don't go too far outside their backyard. The last time Russia's navy was strategically relevant was the Cuban Missile Crisis, as far as I'm aware. Now they just use it to scare off North Korea and hold the Black Sea.

Yeah definitely can see it. Was too busy laughing at the Fitzgerald. Now i've got a hankering to play Cold Waters more.

> Most advanced air-search radar
> Runs into ship

Yeah, but with niggers and spics at the helm of all that awesome hardware, we're still about at the same power level as russkiys. SMH

you do realize those are the only 2 T-50s capable of flying, and they cant afford to build more than 20, if that

Good old Raptorsky. The PAK-FA/T-50/Whatever the fucking call it now looks pretty. I feel like I've seen that design somewhere, though.

>implying drunk russian conscripts are any better

Don't matter, the pilots are still drunk

That game looks so cool. I definitely need to pick it up sometime.
it really brings me back to reading The Hunt For Red October and the submarine sections of Red Storm Rising. I can't think of something more taxing on the nerves than submarine warfare.

Both are about the same. Tell me how Tyrone and Ivan are different.

Huh. Now that you mention it, it does look like a Flankerized F-22...

basically what it is, but without rear angle stealth and 4 axis thrust vectoring instead of 2 axis

Good old China, taking Russian crap and making it better. This is what a Kuznetsov could look like if the Ruskies cared.

Now if the Chinks could just stop praging their J-15s off the deck and killing pilots, they'll have it figured out.

i cant stop laughing

The question is:

Do we want them to figure it out?

I firmly believe that all of these advanced warships are completely obsolete. There won't be another conflict between first world powers that won't be a bunch of hacking bullshit. Carrier strike groups will only be relevant against 3rd world bush people and their oil.

'Murrican asshole

>They might be about to cut another deal with the world's sixth largest maritime power.

kek

I can't remember the study, but the Carrier Strike Group is already obsolete. And the Navy just hasn't gotten around to dealing with it. Too many jet jockeys that don't want to lose MUH TAILHOOK

>rinsed
>barnacles
>pick one

What are you gonna scrape em off and try to eat them, like Charlie?

>2 prototypes
aww, that's nice

Dude, I just had the picture and never tracked down more about the planes. This is fascinating.

Damn it, Sup Forums! You kicked off another round of planes autism, didn't you? And this time, you're playing Russia and planes off of each other! Fuck, well, I wasn't planning on sleeping tonight anyway.

That would be one noisy submarine.

You're welcome.

Ground war in eastern Europe you say? I think the US has that pretty well covered

Problems?

forgot pic

That offset nosewheel still bothers me.

Not today, communist scum

What is the counter strategy to the Carrier Strike Group? What are they planning on replacing it with?

Is the navy concerned about small attack ships, cruise missiles, an air attack, or what? I just don't see an oldschool naval composition taking on a carrier and its screening fleet at anything near parity.

what kind of faggot takes a picture at that angle?

Your lack of freedom bothers ME!

God, I love this ugly son of a bitch...

we should also take some time to laugh at the USS America, LHA 6. It's an amphibious assault ship with no amphibious capabilities. It relies 100% on ospreys to ferry marines to a beach, exactly like Tom Cruise in Edge of Tomorrow.

Well in the middle east (i.e. Iran) its little fast-moving boats. With hundreds swarming, it only takes one getting through.

There are apparently carrier-killer missiles out there that some countries have. And it's not even the Navies we have to worry about: almost all of this is littoral or near-littoral combat. The old-school open-water Carrier battles of WW2 will not happen again.

Tyrone is in a big slab of American death, not a Russian choochoo boat.

nukes are about the only thing that can take out a modern carrier group.

People are retarded, though. Detection is still the key factor in naval combat, the ocean is fuckhuge.

controlling the sea means controlling major trade. It's no where near obsolete yet.

actually, this is quite stupid... the US is way overpowered, they don't need 99% of the stuff they have, they just have it because it's good to speculate with it... but the US alone has enough nuclear weaponry to destroy life on earth 75 times...

I like this insecure USA fagots thread.

which is really stupid because there is only one earth, if you destroy it once, you're done... you don't need any more weapons...

Aaaaaw SHEEET son.

We about to start talking about the GAU-8? The fucking coolest gun around? They don't build that shit into planes, they build planes around IT! That thing fires 30mm rounds at a rate of 6000 rpm, ripping through armored vehicles in tanks? That shit can fill me with High Velocity Armor Piercing shells any day

I mean, maybe all at once. I don't think it's invincible, just that it's a difficult nut to crack, and probably not worth the losses if it's not steaming directly at you.

yea, old shitty russian subs are neat

youtube.com/watch?v=4AUkcPa76wY its making my skin crawl man

It's not a gun, it's a cannon.

the carrier group would have to be spotted and the ships that would approach it would have to be close enough so that they wouldn't run out of fuel to do so and they would have to be fast enough to catch the group off guard.

Your scenario is contingent upon many key factors.

Carrier killing missiles are a thing, but they don't seem to be much of a threat, due to aforementioned detection problems.

Training submarine. They put windows on it to help.

The insignia looks more like graffiti.

Noobs, Al Qaeda ftw

it has a wet dock and can launch LCACs, you dingus. the shit itself isn't amphibious.

Well, the idea is to launch a big enough salvo that if the enemy has anti missile defenses in place, or if warheads fail to detonate, or if the enemy can get a first strike before you can fire your volley that you'll still be able to cripple their strategic launch capability, destroy their military industry, and decimate their population.

Fun fact: I once ran across rule 34 of this on this very board. I bet somebody has it.

No it does not, There is no well deck, there is no ramp on its back side.