So whatd tv think of this besides louis cks terrible acting

so whatd tv think of this besides louis cks terrible acting

>those eyes

is this a Dune spinoff?

Best Woody Allen movie since Match Point, although I sympathize with Jasmine a lot more than Allen wants the viewer to.

Midnight in Paris is awful

>tfw you will never make babbies with this goddess

felt sorry for her honestly

Midnight in Paris was terrible, totally hypocritical with it's message

>don't buy into the Golden Age fallacy and be down with yourself because life isn't a fantasy you've concocted
>meanwhile his life is shit and the fantasy 1920s really was a million times better, and the only reason to watch is because it plays into the audiences Golden Age fallacy
I spent the whole movie waiting for the show to drop and for him to realize the past is no different from the present. Instead he just leaves his wife and meets a younger girl

>feeling sorry
>for jasmine

Not possible after she says "the moment I did what I did I regretted it"

Movies basically a treatise as to why woody allen doesn't date women his age.

It turned for not-woody once he met someone in the "golden age" who was romanticizing an earlier age, unable to see the glory around her, who was more obsessed with her golden age than he was with her.

So, yea, walk back to the present and find some young girl in the present whom you can share your romanticism with... or exploit your time traveling powers and leave her in the past if she pisses you off.

Agree 100%, and the people who fawn over it only like it for the 20's nostalgia, which is the one thing the movie blatantly tells you not to do. It really disgusts me whenever I see it on any top Woody movies, especially because it usually makes the cut over actual gems like Crimes & Misdemeanors, Zelig, and Match Point.

Too bad about Whatever Works. You'd think a Larry David + Woody Allen combo would be magic, but instead it just ended up being kinda mediocre. Still better than Midnight in Paris...

The main reason why I feel sorry for her is because she did the right thing, albeit for the wrong reasons. Alec Baldwin's character is the kind of person who makes the world a shittier place for billions of people. Him going to jail may not change much in the grand scheme, but it was a symbolic victory for the lower two classes of society. Jasmine just wasn't thinking of anyone but herself when she turned him in.

Loved it.
Cate's acting was fuckin' great and she really pulled off her character quite nicely.

>she did the right thing

His financial exploits were making the world better for everyone involved. Finance is always a congame that plays fast and loose with the rules, because the rules are specifically designed to fuck into destitution anyone who abides by them to line the pockets of those who created them.

Just about any trophy wife of any magnate could make the same phone call and bring down squalor and destitution on dozens, if not hundreds of, otherwise innocent, people.

totally forgot about this movie except the ending.

what did you think of Rome with love

Let me tell you a story about the year 2008...

Haven't seen it yet, is it worth checking out?

>tfw madly in love with a girl called Jasmine

Should I watch this? I need more Jasmine art and media

>muh jewish nigga
also scarlett's peak

......How did you know I was Jewish?

And yeah it's probably the best movie she's ever been in/best she's ever looked on film

Now he makes these awful "feel good" Euro-tourism movies

Watch Stardust Memories.

You'll probably hate girls named Jasmine after this.

Is Curse of the Jade Scorpion any good at all? It was just added to netflix.

Most people think it's one of the worst - if not the worst - of his films. A small select few regard it as their favorite.

I've never seen it, so I can't help you out

Alright then, thanks. He has so many films I couldn't remember if that's one of the good ones or not by name

I actually may have seen part of it and it definitely didn't impress

>2008

the banks made more money than anything else in history off intentionally crashing the economy, so I don't know what you're talking about.

But everyone else sure didn't. Bending the rules didn't "make the world better for everyone involved"

actually, it kinda did. As things always need to get worse to get better.

The problem with the housing market is literally the entire world's economy was tied up in it, as if it was some sort of Atlas of finance, and people kept tying up more and more shit into the housing market. But then it was intentionally crashed and now we're better off, slightly. As at the very least, more money than actually exists isn't tied directly to the housing market.

That sounds like a huge stretch of the word "better". It was a huge disaster and we recovered, that doesn't make it a good thing or change that it was wrong from the start

>It was a huge disaster

Were you standing in a soup line so long you could only get two meals a day out of it if you got there six hours before it opened?

Did you have to pack up everything you own and drive to california to pick fruit, because you heard tell of jobs being out there?

No?

The great depression was a disaster.

the housing bubble was a bump in the road that, were it not intentionally caused when it was, could've easily destroyed governments.

Keynesian Economics would like to have a word with you.

The housing bubble also wasn't purposefully popped. It seems like you're pulling a lot of your "understanding" of 2008 out of your ass

>he believes the "no fault" lie

Also keynesian economics is compatible with (if not an advocate of) crashing economies for profit.

i don't even know. i'm catholic