Alright, lets settle this once and for all Sup Forums. Two albums enter, only one leaves. Which is better?

Alright, lets settle this once and for all Sup Forums. Two albums enter, only one leaves. Which is better?

pet sounds is better and it's not even close

"Tomorrow Never Knows" is the best song on either, but Pet Sounds doesn't have a mound of unlistenable bullshit in the middle and also doesn't have completely uneven musical styles

Every Beatles album from A Hard Day's Night through Let It Be is better than Pet Sounds.

One of my favorite songs of all time is on Revolver, and I'm not even one of the people who hate Yellow Submarine, but I'd still say Pet Sounds.

The only thing thats unlistenable on "Revolver" is "Yellow Submarine"

pet sounds is probably better but tomorrow never knows trumps it

Yellow Submarine wouldn't be out of place on SMiLE to be honest

Revolver by a shitload. Pet Sounds is overrated pop trash. Surfs Up is wayyy better then pet sounds.

>delusional beatlesfag

Yeah the song isn't overtly terrible, it just interrupts what is otherwise a fantastic album

Pet Sounds vs all Beatles albums from Rubber Soul to Abbey Road.

Abbey Road > Pet Sounds = Sgt Pepper > Rubber Soul >>> Revolver > The White Album

Opinions?

I actually think "The White Album" is The Beatles best. Or at least its my personal favorite.

t. beach boys fag that pretends that all their irrelevant shit is 'good' (holland, wild honey, holland, summer days)

TNK is an annoying song IMO, For No One is my favorite from Revolver. Pet Sounds is a fine album but greatly overrated. So is Revolver I'd say, but I'll pick that over Pet Sounds. '''Freak Out''' by the Mothers kills both easily if we're talking rock albums from '66

pet sounds is obviously better what even is this discussion

WE COME ON THE SLOOP JOHN B

correct
but what about all the other shitty songs to give breaks between the """"""experimental""""" tracks

Revolver, it has more varied styles and is better than Sgt Pepper's too

freak out is barely rock

I just gave it another listen today, and I really like some of the songs (Back in the USSR, Dear Prudence, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Happiness Is A Warm Gun, Martha My Dear, I Will), it's a miserable experience to listen to all the way through imo. I have a feeling that's not the point, so if the point is to pick highlights and ignore the shit songs, then yes, it's a great album. And I'm definitely not saying it's bad, it's just my least favourite.

what would you call it?

>I Want To Tell You
>1.5 stars

>probably the most influential rock record of the 60s for its significance in sending rock down a river of exciting experimentation
>barely rock

it's more rock in the 1950s way than it is in a 'taxman' way

>all these rockists hating on yellow submarine
I'd rather listen to it in the middle of the album rather than listen to an album full of samey lyrical content and musical clichés

Just b/c Frankie loved doo-wop and had a sense of humor in integrating into his songs, doesn't make this a '50s record. What's "50s" about "Who are the Brain Police", "Help I'm a Rock" for example?

imo both are the best albums of each artist. altough pet sounds is better

listened again and i was very harsh
gonna give it a 6

Quads of reevaluation

samefagging to say that I do understand what you mean, but I think my original post of calling it "rock" maybe begged an unimportant question that doesn't mean much. The Mothers are the Mothers and the Beatles are the Beatles. Gengre-scrutiny is kinda a boring black hole to go down.

Octopuses' Garden is the GOAT Ringo aquatic suite, anyway ;)