Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring

even more boring

What's boring about it? The silence? It's suspenseful if anything

good thread

Whatevs trevs

Cheesy new age garbage. Dumbass nigga Hollis think he electric era Miles Davis with that colorful arrangement or Charles Mingus with the way he weave in the sounds. But he just some bitchass entry level arranger, and his players playing like first year school band students. A nigga gotta be lame as fuck if he got all these sounds yet all he can do is make boring as drones.

stay pleb

Good meme

thats a quote from the scaruffi review right?

I find it boring as fuck too. You can tell me again and again how suspenseful the silence is, or how beautiful the arrangements are. I just find about 40 minutes of "music" with about 15 minutes of actual music that sounds like one of those New Age guided meditation CDs. I have tried on multiple occasions and it just does not click.

described my feelings about this album perfectly

It sounds so completely unlike New Age music I can't fathom how anyone can draw that conclusion.

Have you even fucking listened to it? Silence and simplicity is a big part but the album is full of music all the way though - Ascension Day and After the Flood and New Grass don't stop all the way through

If you don't like this but like any post rock after, i need to understand your mind

I like Post-Rock for the most part, but don't like Talk Talk.

Ask me anything. :)

Slint sounds absolutely nothing like TT. GYBE does a lot more than drone with its layers with better percussion work and more cinematic sound. Swans on SFTB have more varied structure while current Swans are far more visceral.

You have never listened to New Age music if the constant droning with twinkly guitar melody on top of TT's last two albums doesn't remind you of it nor Hollis' cheesy melodramatic vocals on top of those.

brainlet

>melodramatic
I don't think you know what that word means

I fucking worship Laughing Stock, but I find it so hard to get into Spirit of Eden. Maybe it's the more harsh sounds or something. IMO Laughing Stock > Color or Spring > Spirit of Eden

But yeah, I agree with you OP, it's a great album, thanks for making the thread.

Kill yourselves.

I fucking agree with OP, sincerely.

buen post