Street Sects End Position

This was my album of the year from last year what yall think

Definitely harsh and abrasive, which I love.

Hot Topic "industrial" rock/metal with a more Pitchfork-friendly aesthetic. Utter shit.

It was great desu

Great industrial album

>le "it got slightly popular so its bad" meme guy

Don't you have school to be shooting up or something?

When this gets murderous it's serious shit

Pitchfork didn't even gave it a review

this desu
the first thing it made me think of was late 90s/early 2000s poppy industrial metal

it's glorified mallcore

i think those columbine dipshits would have loved this band doe

It's hilarious how people will like this or like earlier industrial stuff stuff yet shy away from the 90s industrial/by metal stuff just because that stuff got the image of being embarrassingly edgy due to its popularity when ALL industrial is embarrassingly edgy stuff for teenagers. The only good things to come out of the ENTIRE genre are Coil for chasing more inctricate sounds, Godfoesh for being more metal than industrial, Skinny Puppy for getting the smart idea to make the sounds abrasive/percussive enough so it won't age like shit, and FLA for being more just good dance grooves than industrial. Everything else has eternally been musique concrete for casuals or edgy music that's more melodramatic than it is dark. At least Foetus had a sense of humor about it despite being just as cringe as the rest.

>all industrial is for edgy teenagers

Sounds like something an edgy teenager would say

it's meloncore not p4kcore
still shit of course

pretty mediocre honestly. has wayyy more in common with EDM and dubstep but people still call it "industrial" which I think is pretty hilarious. also all of the songs sound the same and the vocalist tries so hard to sound sinister it makes me wince a little

you have no idea what you're talking about

> saying anything good about skinny puppy

please don't ever talk about my genre on this fucking board ever again

if you enjoy street sects fuck off with him

all industrial music is good BECAUSE it's all edgy music for edgy teens. The bands that shy away from the edginess are usually the least good

Imo it's flawless

I listened to it like 4 months ago after melonhype but the only track that that got into the back of my head was And I Grew In The Ribbons, might need to listen to it again

i like this and Pharmakon. anyone else got some similar sounding recs?

No?
Of course I do. I had my edgy industrial phase too when I was in my teens.
Skinny Puppy is great on records like Too Dark Park where it's noisy/abrasive but there's a strong rhythm section to go with it, making more visceral music than most things labeled industrial in any form. For what it's worth, a composer like Stockhausen was exactly who I was referring to as well when I called early muh so experimental industrial watered down.
So...like Foetus then?

This user is the only one that knows anything about Industrial
Its originators where some of the edgiest people to ever exist, that's not to say it can't be fun on the right environment

You sound like the Industrial version of the guy that used to listen to Nu-Metal and now says all metal is shit.

>edgy music for homosexual masochists
fixed that for you

I used to listen to both industrial and nu metal. Now I still listen to some industrial (literally called Coil good in that post) and metal (even nu metal like Deftones!) So no, you're not even close to being right.

he's actually pretty close to it

it's just that now you listen to industrial "for the thinking man" i.e. soft-ass boring shit like Coil

grow up

realize that industrial isn't supposed to be taken at face value

it's a spectacle, like the rest of art and entertainment. if you're able to enjoy a horror movie you should be able to enjoy virtually any industrial band.

>it's just that now you listen to industrial "for the thinking man" i.e. soft-ass boring shit like Coil
I literally also cited Skinny Puppy who on TDP go far harder than any other citation of Industrial you can think of, even death industrial which lacks a driven rhythm section to deliver visceral intensity.

Please, continue being wrong.

yeah no sounds to me like you've got some major cognitive dissonance going on m8.

Industrial music isn't ambitious enough for you to nitpick it, and Death Industrial doesn't deliver visceral intensity so much as it delivers spooky background noise static.

>yeah no sounds to me like you've got some major cognitive dissonance going on m8.
>[citation needed]

your posts reek of it

please refer to them

the mere fact that you're using XKCD wikipedia jokes says a lot about what a disingenuous sad cunt you are.

Just pop some Chemlab, bang your head and blow it out your ass

i'm pretty sure most people who listen to industrial blow it out their ass

>Skinny Puppy are the hardest form of industrial music

please tell me yr joking

yep sure harder than smell and quim or haus arafna
It's pretty amazing how much industrial Sup Forumsdoesn't know about.

>attacks posting style instead of the argument
Illogical garbage. Grow up, this is an 18+ site.
>m-muh Haus Arafna
What a joke. Their tracks are either too close to noise thus no rhythm section or too close to dancier stuff with its tame percussion.

rec me some good industrial again, because I listen to a shit ton, and don't give me the typical SPK, coil, tes.dept answers