Spent at least 2 1/2 years in pshyc wards in the state of Texas off and on since i was 16...

Spent at least 2 1/2 years in pshyc wards in the state of Texas off and on since i was 16, been to the state ward 4 times. Ask me anything.

Why

Im genuinely interested. Please dive further into the topic.

I disassociate from reality in times of tremendous stress.

I used to work at a state hospital in Texas. Which one were you at?

How does it feel to know you'll never own guns?

Legally.

Op here, when I was 14 15 I became co dependant in a toxic relationship parents had just divorced and after I was abused by my neighbor girlfriend for some two years I became extremely suicidal and have tried to take my life more than 5 times up until now. I'm a firm believer in quantum imortality.

how so? describe this feeling a bit more. Also, were you diagnosed with a certain mental illness?

Well yeah, good point.

Wichita falls state Texas. I own guns, I'm diagnosed no polar now but was schizoid for a while.

I haven't spent more than two weeks at a time in a psych ward myself, but i can say i understand still. Do you feel you gained anything from being hospitalized?

Yup that's the one I worked at. I worked there for 4 years.

Did you get one of these bad boys?

I don't feel that those places helped in any way except compound sociopathy into every and each individual that realises it's all a game to be released and that the state has no moral obligation to release you. You become a state paycheck.

Lol

Did you hate it?

It's like fantasy is an escape. When I am left isolated it reflects in my mental state, I have learned to deal with this now. Be more specific?

At first no. But after a while I dreaded going to work. It was awful. Not just the patients but the management as well.

Not all the patients were bad. There were many that I liked and enjoyed conversing with. But others (mostly 46b's) abuse the system and use and manipulate staff as much as they can. Also, the Wichita falls hospital is one of the most violent in the state. I got so tired of all the fights and restraints we had to do. Almost every night. (There were periods where our unit was quiet though)

my ex girlfriend who I still fuck is totally crazy too, she dissociates from reality just like you. puts on an accent, etc. medicated too.

should I utterly delete her from my life ? she loves.me and is one of the hottest bodies I'd ever had the pleasure of getting to know.

It's hard to imagine but so much is looked past when you sit in front of all the doctors and nurses it's different on the other side of that. Once when I had arrived for a stay the doctor in fort worth court ordered me medication I reacted violently to and had allergic reactions from. I may have been one of those basket cases. I'm sorry

The commitment level from that girl is genuinely pure. Believe me it's a matter of beleif if she says she loves you she does.

I almost went to Vernon. The court almost ordered electric thearapy. I have absolutely no recollection of 6 months of my life from the drugs.

You don't have to apologize to me. I wouldn't trust any of those nurses or doctors. The nurses there would never make it in an actual hospital. And the doctors are a joke as well. Most aren't even M.Ds they are just psychiatrist. My unit only had one psychiatrist and a nurse practitioner.

I was taken off of the "blackout drugs" the last week before i was supposed to go to vernon its the max security nut house im sure you have heard. Head of pshycyitry saved my life although I'm sure psychiatry had nothing to do with it.

Some people like Vernon because they have more freedom. You can walk around on the Vernon campus. But it's also a lot more violent. That's where we send the patients that are too violent for us. (For ex. We had a PT that would try to gauge the eyes out of people). They also send the murderers there and such.

I made friends with lots of the staff there and it was the only healthy social interaction I had.

Like I said I wouldn't trust the doctors there. They probably accidentally gave you a combo that was messing you up until one of the more experienced ones realized

I've heard plenty of stories. Do you remember Kermit? Golden glove boxer? That's the insane idea that made me fear everything about that place 10+ years and he still hasent left.

she loves me but the crazy makes it impossible to be in a committed relationship, she'll fuck around out of spite if she's feeling particularly crazy. I refuse to resign myself to a life like that. she wants to start a life with me but that's what I told her. it's like she becomes a different person and it doesn't matter how incredible I am to her. *shrug

I smoke shit tons of weed now and take anti depressants. I don't even trust the e.r.

Oh yeah, there are tons of great people that work there. Some care more about the pts than there own families.

I'm not saying all the doctors/nurses are bad. But there are definitely some there that are sketch.

I've also seen some pretty mean pnas as well.

My understanding is that she, plays mental games with you to try to convince herself that your worth it but since your probably the only one that was ever good to her..

Holy shit I love Kermit!! He's a special case though.

His whole family has mental problems (well did). his sister use to be there a lot too but everyone thinks she's dead now. She hasn't been seen in years.

Kermit though, well he's had an unfortunate life. The boxing has done horrible damage to his brain and he did a lot of drugs.

When he was younger he was incredibly violent. I mean like restraint chair every day violent. It would take 8 guys to restrain him.

But they finally found a good medication combo for him and now he is super funny and chill.

Just don't shake hands lol. That's the first thing they would tell us when we were doing our first orientation on the floor.

I know he is pretty hilarious and he has a happy life as happy as you can be in a hospital? I believe it special case indeed. Please stop giving him butter :(

Idk how but that man gets more ass there than anyone else. Blows my mindon how many times he's been caught having sex with a lady or a man. He doesn't care which

for real?! That's awesome. I'm glad we got to chat and I want you to know I have a wonderful son a happy life and a fat joint. Not all ends terribly there.

Well that's great to hear man. There were definitely times where I would want to give up. Cause it always seemed like no matter how hard we tried pts would always come back. But actually hearing someone that left and is living a happy life really feels good man.

Thank you!

yeah Im 21 now and I have two jobs an apartment house wife material and maybe another kid sooner or later maybe after.my son starts talking.