Birdman is birdshit

birdman is birdshit
discuss

Well, you're not wrong.

I thought it was stylistically overdone. You could have made a movie about an ex-blockbuster actor trying to become a "serious" actor without the over excessive "stylization."

agree or disagree

It's got the best frogfu that's for sure

i want to skull fuck inaritu for making this drivel

It's literal dogshit
It's just gimmicky camera techniques and that's it. It's movie that thinks it's important than it actually is, just like most inarritu movies

>over stylized
>too much style for a visual medium

You could, sure

But why would you want too?

I assumed the stylistic approaches played in part with the subtext about modern society, I.E. Emma Stone's character.

It was Oscarbait, and they took it hook, line and sinker. I hope we can forget it now.

>all these labels

the critic scene was the most embarrassing shit I've ever watched in a movie. How petty and thin skinned Inarritu must be to have written that

Also that whole "Tim Burton was Batman" meta joke was too on the nose.

Damn, from what youtube comment section are you?

Nope, the movie thinks it's making big statements on movies, the audience, and critics but it wasnt. I'm not surprised that it's pretentious, inarritu thinks he's the second coming of cinema

Doesn't make sense for him considering critics fap themselves to pretty much everything he's produced.

>my hot opinons are facts

yeah i really want to see captain marvel

struck a nerve, huh? It's obvious when you are so negative and close minded.

my blood pressure goes through the roof thinking about inaritu winning 4 oscars

Good for him.

Pretentious drivel.

>le superheroes r bad and dey make actors shit because I can't enjoy anything dat don't smell liek my own farts mmmmmmmmmuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh cineeeeeeeeemmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaa

Go back to enjoying your capeshit

Its absolute shit

This

>Sup Forums says it's bad.

Does that mean it's good?

I liked the movie overall.

The cast was great and did a fantastic job. Im a little biased because Keaton has always been one of my favorite actors.

The camera gimmick was pretty cool, but i dont think it was something incredibly innovative like some seem to think.

The only thing i hated about this movie was stupid 'flight' scene and the ending that people say is '2deep5me' whenever i say how i hate the ending. It wasnt deep, it wasnt something that really makes you think. It was an 'oscarbait' ending that does nothing but bring a potential 8/10 film to a 6/10 at best.

The whole one shot thing is probably the best thing this movie has going for it. It just doesn't fit the material and proof of how film critics think film critics are the most interesting people on the planet. But the experimental camera work doesn't fit the bland, cringy story. I actually liked the revenant much more while it still has its faults, the cinematography fit the story and works well with it

Sad state that cinema is in when this pseudo-artistic pseudo-smart shit gets acclaim. Oh well, it's to be expected.

Kiiinda. I loved the style, setting, just the concept of the movie, but the execution wasn't really good enough to pull of the whole criticism against cape movies and all that.

Ending was pretty eh too. I'd say it was good but didn't deserve the Oscars, but then again the Oscars are pretty irrelevant.

My biggest disapointment was that it wasn't a live-action, freestanding spinoff to Harvey Birdman.

I think we all feel that way, user

>It was an 'oscarbait' ending
I disagree.

Can i bug you to explain why?

The civil war discussion is right there, buddy!

If """"""Sup Forums"""""'' says its good, its probably actually shit.

I assume that by saying that ending of Birdman is an "oscarbait" you base your opinion on previous experiences. What other Best Pictures have endings that do not play it straight?

>"It's an actually good, movie? No way, I have to trash it!"

>muh capeshit

>thinks pseudo-smart movie is good
>accuses others of being fedoras

You aren't too familiar with this meme, huh. Fedoras love pseudo-profundity. See Nolan and Fight Club. Same as Birdman.

>pseudo
stick to capeshit, kiddo.
xoxo

t. 13 year old who just discovered rotten tomatoes

>caring about oscars

Just reading this thread gave me aids. It's literally impossible for a serious discussion to be had on this board. Kill yourselves all of you.

Yes.

Sup Forums is making fun of my favorite movie waaaaahhh

>feelsbadman

>making fun
But they are serious about their shit taste. That's the funny part
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHA HA HA HA

But the stylistic elements aren't even intrusive. Hardly anyone noticed that the film was shot in such a way to appear to be one take. Aside from that, and the dream-like moments witht the birdman character I have no idea what you could mean by "excessive stylization".

>Oscarbait
I really doubt Inarritu's sole purpose for making the film were the oscars. Conventional biopics, period pieces, holocaust movies, and pretentious films that lack substance like boyhood are Oscarbait. Formulaic or risk-free in concept, that's what I assume you mean by Oscarbait. Inarittu does really seem to care about the subject matter of his films and works hard to make them, and the fact that people are still discussing the film is a testament to its genuine quality.

It didn't really feel out of place with his character. You have a guy that is trying to become a serious artist and fears that the critics will tear him a new one because of his history. What exactly did you find embarrassing about it?

You completely missed all of the points and themes that the film touched on. Do yourself a favor and don't bother with anything outside the typical hollywood blockbuster, it really does sound like it is hurting you.

woah so many wrong opinions on tv,
WHAT A TWIST
stick with marvel and dc movies guys.

more like (((bergman))) lmao

the style is fun too

the drumming gives most of the film this sort of kinetic feel to it that makes it feels shorter than it is

Is that a joke? Bergman and Inarritu's work are pretty different. And what's with the excess brackets? Inarritu is mexican not a jew.

Agreed, that's a very good point.

>criticizing the movie for shitting on capeshit
>literally not giving capeshit movies a fucking chance
Sup Forums, everyone

>It's shit because it's shit
This is what happens when you let those hick fucks from stormblr invade your board. You allowed this to happen, you dumb shits.

im from CT born and raised

>Pseudo smart
>Thesis is about thanking the shit posters about for all the free press and blissful ignorance

Please come back when you have an Oscar and some actual points

Nothing to discuss, it just is (shit).

>Is that a joke? Bergman and Inarritu's work are pretty different. And what's with the excess brackets? Inarritu is mexican not a jew.
He was falseflagging as a Sup Forumsack
Bergman wasn't a kike either, he's Swedish

>muh egos are bad
>let me show you how big mine is while we denounce it together

>this is a bad thing for some reason

>the Oscars are pretty irrelevant
I agree and it's pretty sad, back in the day pretentious crap was what won awards in indie festivals. Nowadays it's the other way round, if you want to see a good movie you need to look at Cannes.

Great movie. Great story. I've been in theatrical productions before and it certainly captures the feeling.
Great music. Constantly keeps you on edge.
Some of the best career acting from all actors involved
As for the one-take gimmick, it was actually very appropriate in this movie. It gave you the constant feeling that you're there, without really much of a breathing opportunity (the only breathing opportunity being when the night transitions to day). Also just like the experience of being in a theatrical production.