How do I get used to black metal? I tried listening to this but my ears couldn't handle it

How do I get used to black metal? I tried listening to this but my ears couldn't handle it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4G5nIYSPOnQ
youtube.com/watch?v=QIN5Hi9RRxc
youtube.com/watch?v=oslgaO3_fno
youtube.com/watch?v=z8VIhIIq-kk
youtube.com/watch?v=M_5kdIhx_to
youtube.com/watch?v=LY8UJfO6-6c
youtube.com/watch?v=KTNrCQISWNA
youtube.com/watch?v=JeUZkn3GA9I
youtube.com/watch?v=xgfa5UlZAL8
youtube.com/watch?v=GfbLWHT7vUU
youtube.com/watch?v=CQ5lgS8DN48
youtube.com/watch?v=VDRV5FiW-Pc
youtube.com/watch?v=xPQtAMUN3Pk
youtube.com/watch?v=bDrof73swuM
youtube.com/watch?v=1taNfu_pPjs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

like TMR it takes a few listens to really understand what HHH is doing

You get used to black metal by actually listening to black metal.

This. Also op you sound like a serious pleb. Anyone who can't take some distorted guitars is a bitch ass nigga

What couldn't you handle about it? (i.e being to lo-fi, being to heavy, etc)

Congrats, you're a plebeian.

That album barely counts as black metal, listen to Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger or some actual black metal. If you don't like black metal at first it's fine, it's sort of an acquired taste, if after a bunch of listens to a decent number of black metal albums, you're still not into it, then the genre might just not be for you.

Aesthethica is their black metal album

And renihilation

What genre do you like the most in general?

Pagan Dawn is too good for that album

The ark work is the most black metal album to come out in fucking years

All this bullshitting about how counterculture "trve" black metal is when the band use the same fucking sounds a few people came up with when the genre was real.

You're all fucking posers

I like this youtube.com/watch?v=4G5nIYSPOnQ

youtube.com/watch?v=QIN5Hi9RRxc

might be too clean for you still
but it's the closest Liturgy get to muh raw kvlt sound

then of course there's this
youtube.com/watch?v=oslgaO3_fno

this is the first bm album that clicked for me and I fell in love with the rest of the genre soon after.

I still think this prob the best BM song ever written tho. Just so classic. Listen to it and let me know what you think OP.

youtube.com/watch?v=z8VIhIIq-kk

First thing you do is listen to a lot of other stuff that produced black metal - go find Bathory and listen. They're the first black metal band. Try and understand how that happen in '86 and then listen through the second wave. Anything after like 2004 is pretty much the same boring shit as what happened in the 90s.

Black metal since the mid 2000s has been about crossover stuff. Take aura noir or new darkthrone...etc.

That is NOT the album to start with. Try listening to Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas and if you don't like it then Black Metal isn't for you.

Plenty of bands have made new sounding shit out of black metal in recent years but Liturgy is barely black metal and definitely not something you just pick up and listen to if you've never listened to avant-garde metal before. That would be like recommending harsh noise to someone who wanted to get into noise rock.

Can't believe that people haven't noticed that OP is being sarcastic.

You're making shit up.

I think we knew he was we just wanted to talk about TAW

Regardless of genre, TAW is amazing

youtube.com/watch?v=M_5kdIhx_to
Anything else is too hi-fi

Immortal - Pure Holocaust is probably one of the easiest straight-forward, pure Black Metal albums to get into because of its clean production.

Start with entry level shit like thrash metal and listen to a more and more intense album each time and work your way up (chronologically may help)

youtube.com/watch?v=LY8UJfO6-6c

Listen to good black metal in the first place.

This is not even black metal. Listen to Emperor - Anthems to the Welkim At Dusk, Midnight Odyssey - Funerals from the Astral Sphere and Dodsengel - Imperator

And these:
youtube.com/watch?v=KTNrCQISWNA

youtube.com/watch?v=JeUZkn3GA9I

youtube.com/watch?v=xgfa5UlZAL8

youtube.com/watch?v=GfbLWHT7vUU

youtube.com/watch?v=CQ5lgS8DN48

youtube.com/watch?v=VDRV5FiW-Pc

youtube.com/watch?v=xPQtAMUN3Pk

youtube.com/watch?v=bDrof73swuM

youtube.com/watch?v=1taNfu_pPjs

And a shit load of other underground stuff.

I gotta be honest I hate the "mvh pvre aryan" BM more than the "trve kvlt" shit