So we all agree that bvs is the most complex and detailed superhero film of all time

So we all agree that bvs is the most complex and detailed superhero film of all time.
Snyder saved the capeshit genre

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damage_Control_(comics)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Finally something all of Sup Forums agrees on.

yes

Yes, just finished Civil War and it was awful. I cannot fathom how it did so well, 90% RT etc when BvS is far and away a better, more substantial, better looking film.

Same, in bvs there so many great details that make the film better. You can find something new in it every time. Civil war was just a one time thing

Meanwhile, at Marvel

>Most complex and detailed superhero movie of all time
>Snyder

Sorry, wrong picture and title

Now compare

The Holy Trinity.

Snyder is a genius, creating two of the most thought provoking superhero films ever

Terrible movie, DCs only hope is whatever batfleck is making and only if it doesn't have that autist leto in it

I dont even care about the whole "hidden meanings" etc, I like BvS because it looked and felt like someone behind the camera actually gave a shit about it, unlike the turd Marvel hands out on a regular basis.

Lets pretend BvS was a straight forward action movie, no heaven and hell, symbology,etc It would still be ten times better than any Avengers movie, yes even the first one which in comparison looks like a cosplay video put in a blender with flashy colors and vomit inducing "quips".

The fact that Joss Whedon got rejected by fucking SJWs is enough, I dont even want to compare DC vs Marvel anymore because he killed the Avengers, he had a chance to save it but we all seen Age of Ultron, at this point is like kicking a dying man on the floor.

Tell me Marvel....do you bleed? Oh you already did.

Quads have spoken.
Sit down kids, and admire the greatest capekino that has ever been known to mankind.

the book is the best comic I ever read

The Greatest Capeshits

1. BvS
2. Watchmen
3. The Dark Knight
4. The Dark Knight Rises
5. Batman Begins
6. Spiderman
7. Spiderman 2
8. X-Men Origens: Wolverine
9. Spiderman 3
10. V for Vendeta

Spider-Man and origins?
Kill yourself, what shitty taste

Honestly i liked BvS, but the flaw is too glaring to ignore. From Bruce Wayne irrational hatred to supes, JL-email-introduction, and annoying Luthor with his overly convoluted plan.

Watchmen has better writing and more focused story, and better pacing. It's the only superhero movie deserves the kino status.

1. Watchmen
2. The Dark Knight
3. Spiderman 2
4. Batman Begins
5. V for Vendetta
6. Batman v Superman
7. Captain America - Winter Soldier
8. Iron Man
9. X-Men 2
10. The Dark Knight Rises (sorry, the fire rises brother)

No, it's a huge piece of shit.

Spiderman 2 has the better writing, action and character development. Though i do admit i really enjoy Dafoe as the green goblin.

THANK YOU!! Hey, I like BvS and MoS better than most, but BvS DID have problems. The short version is that they were trying to create an entire MCU in one film, and it was just too much. No one film can reintroduce Batman, introduce Wonder Woman, setup the rest of the League, have a fight against Doomsday, deal with Luthors shit, and top it all off with the political/moral shit. It's just too much for one film. They did a pretty decent job of it, but this is a film that should have been at least two films. Unfortunately, the company was in a hurry, so they slapped it together.

BTW, as much as I enjoyed it, the MCU is still better. More depth, more detail, more interaction, more everything, and pretty much all of it done well. Not every film has been great, but on average they've been pretty terrific. And Civil War was amazing.

rivalled with Watchmen? Yes.

Some of the x-men aren't too far off though, honestly.

That's....not bad. But I'd swap out Spiderman 2 and X-Men 2 for Guardians of the Galaxy and X-Men First Class.

>DC fans

Not even once.

I have to agree quip shit aside it at least better than BvS or most other MCU release. It treats it's character as human instead of marketing piece.

DCEU should play the long game, instead of just dropping all the stuff they can think at once. If done properly a Batman or Superman movie could beat most MCU films.

>If done properly

I haven't watch First Class so i can't decide that.

I don't know Guardians of the Galaxy is quite a fun movie, but Spiderman 2 is plain better imo. Better writing, better story, better villain (DOC OCK!). Perhaps is my bias to Spidey too, but well each to their own taste o guess.

This legitimately looks like a video game.

The actual punching and kicking choreography look like its from Arrow.

Sup Forums is such a joke these days

This movie fucking sucks, lol.

*BRAAAPPP*

was that webm meant to prove you right?

1. MoS
2. Watchmen
3. BvS
4. X-Men First Class
5. Spiderman 2
6. Batman Begins
7. TDK
8. Ant-man
9. GotG
10. Cap 1

Bullshit

Fuck off, OP

BvS a shit. Also Whedon is no longer with Marvel.

You dcucks are pathetic

Nice quads. And yeah, I guess this was a superior movie

Looks like shit

Truly Kino

>quickcuts
where would we be w/o DC

Why is it that even Goku, the retarded guy who only knows how to fight, always managed to take the fight out of major population centers and into the wilderness, but Superman didn't?

The first scene still gives me goosebumps

BvS is good not only because of it's superlative qualities in the realm of cinematography, score, mise en scene, etc, but because they actually told a story that felt relevant and vital. It's political and provides commentary on the state of our country, but at the same time it doesn't stoop to viewing things through a single prism (lib/repub) but rather presents the bigger picture, highlighting how the media gets to set the narrative, regardless of political affiliation.

The fact that it weaves this concept through the deconstruction of two of the most iconic american pop culture icons is fucking impressive, especially in how it ties them to political ideas.

This was a movie made by people who actually gave a shit. They gave a shit about doing something interesting with these characters, they gave a shit about presenting a story that actually fucking means something, and they gave a shit about presenting a movie that looks AND sounds amazing.

There is literally no passion to be found in marvel flicks, whereas BvS is all passion.

The movies obviously isn't perfect, there is no defending the scene where Wonder Woman stops to just look at videos in her e-mail, but this ultimately a small complaint in the grander scheme of things (and clearly was a scene rushed to be inserted into the film late in production, clearly a studio mandate to have that stuff put in)

Agreed

Very apt, though I woulddn't say Marvel movies are without spirit, it's there but feels like it's been very constrained, like you can feel the directors vision, and then you can feel where they were choked and held back.

DC isn't entirely different in that regard, but it does feel like Snyder was given more leeway and was able to put much more effort in.

>27%
>could not gross a projected billion in its theatrical run

>chris.evans.jpg
I wonder who could be behind this post

dccucks everyone
autistically spouting psuedointelliectual bullshit about their capeshit movie because without this film school 101 level bullshit they would have to admit their movies are bad
suppose its better then the marvelcucks who just spout that laughing guy memes over and over
then again, the marvelcucks seem willing to admit their shit stinks where as the dccucks...well

Yes

I can't wait to see the end of the trilogy of Snyder (Man of Steel, Batman v Superman and Justice League)

you are worse than both groups

that would be very hard to accomplish
you're welcome to your opinion but since it seems to be based off of nothing besides a single post whereas mine is based off of having to deal with month and months of this autistic bullshit from both sides, im going to go ahead and ignore it

jesus christ shut the fuck up

I hate to parrot what others have already said, but have you seen the Ultimate Editoln cut? It massively improved every point of contention you mentioned. Makes the film a solid 8.5/10

I don't care about this capeshit war nonsense but I personally enjoyed bvs more than civil war.

Bvs looked fantastic
Great characters (bat/supes/lex)
Great theme
Great soundtrack

That's a nice poster

Definitely. Ive already rewatched it 3 times where i rarely if ever have the desire to rewatch other capeshit

/Thread

>>this thread

you were better when you were posting evans, now this is just odd.

why would i
im right

Nope

probably because zod's goal was to kill humans to punish superman

and if superman flew off to the desert zod would proceed to just level skyscrapers until superman showed back up

zod was also the far more skilled fighter and rapidly getting stronger

So does that mean Zod would have eventually overpowered superman?

>he does not read comics

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damage_Control_(comics)

What's funny is the paranoid breakdown you're constantly having over it. You have so much riding on this stupid bullshit, you'd swear you made the movie yourself.

More shaky cam and CGI? Now post a webm of Winter Soldier.

Nice quadquads but that movie is a carnival of schlock and goofy shit. It's like a bad parody of what a serious superhero movie should be.

I can understand some people not liking Civil War. But I cannot for the life of me understand how anyone can come out of BvS and say that it was a good movie, let alone a great one. Minus some performances, the cinematography (for the most part), and some of the action scenes, it did everything completely wrong. The fact that it was basically 7 movies in one and barely flowed well is possibly its biggest flaw. And to all who defend it, think about this, it's a movie that stars two of the most popular characters in all media. For the first time in history. And not only that, but it has a treasure trove of other characters and big name actors. But it couldn't even make $900 million. No excuse.

Here's something to consider: CW has about a dozen superhero characters. Granted, 2 of them (Ant Man and Spiderman) are shoehorned cameo appearances purely for the toy $$$, yet the film still has a tight narrative, most of the characters have arcs, all of them get something cool to do. Cap, Bucky, Tony, Black Panther are fully fleshed out and get proper story arcs despite competing for screen time with Zemo, Crossbones, etc. When they do appear, Ant and Spider both steal the show with their cool powers.

Fucking FALCON gets more lines of dialogue in Civil War than Superman does in a film called "Batman vs Superman". Just think about that for a moment. And were any of Superman's lines memorable, apart from " the bat is dead. Bury it" and "MARTHA!" (for the wrong reasons)?

And Wonder Woman, despite only having to share screen time with two other heroes, speaks only to Bruce Wayne during the entire 2.5 hour movie and has no impact on the story whatsoever. She could be edited right out and no-one would notice. What does she do? Inflict a meaningless wound on Doomsday?

If nothing else, Civil War is a work of extremely efficient storytelling. BvS is horribly inefficient at setting up mood, characterisation and storylines in an economical and effective way. Bloated and incoherent, I believe the critics said.

>What does she do? Inflict a meaningless wound on Doomsday?
Obvoiusly you don't understand the depth of a fact that this wound creates a Spear of Destiny / sword of Mordred destined to kill Christ/king Arthur and redeem the world.
In this moment she becomes Morgana La Fey and Valkyrie that will bring Superman to heavenly realm from which he can come back. By destroying and wounding she creates and redeems. This is real kino. Trurly Snyder genius.

Kek nice bait

This is faggot copy pasta but kinda true.

>we all agree
you mean those of you who didn't filtered dc threads yet

also why don't they make a plasticman movie? wouldn't be more shit than the last movies.
Literally the only dc cartoon that i enjoyed as a kid

Yeah the book is incredible. Which is why it's especially disappointing that they gave the adaptation to Zachary Snyder, a man with no conception of tone, who promptly ruined it