What was their problem?

What was their problem?

is Leafy KINO?

Anglo

Literally the only normal people in this dull franchise.

>sweaty Petunia in a short skirt

Too white.

British """""""""writers""""""""""" absolutely loathe the middle-class

Were they jealous or scared of magic?

I forget but I do remember that the increasingly bored Rowling did explain it in one of the later books to an increasingly bored me.

What is your society's fucking problem with middle-class people?

t. burger

>kid they don't want can go to school for 10 straight months
>only need to keep him for 2 per year
>get mad anyways
Max retard.

>in those 2 months kid who knows magic can do anything to you.

Harry was a horcrux and made them evil

Vernon never got to finish his Japanese golfer joke

Why didn't Harry ever fuck Petunia to get back at Vernon for being a dick?

This.

Thank you.

To be fair, Rowling was literally a starving artist, sleeping in dingies and shit. Disenfranchisement is wholly understandable.

Vernon was forced to be a cuck and raise another man's son, not even his wife's. What would YOU do in a situation like that?

They were poorly written, 1 dimensional characters designed to make Harry have a "tragic past"

Being a writer is objective it doesn't matter if you like it or not, if you get paid for writing something that makes you writer whether or not the content is any good.

A writer? Poor? No! What a shocking revelation.

they were living with a horcrux that is shown to make you a bad person for 11 years straight and then every summer after
tfw harry is gone they were standup people who probably volunteer at the local homeless shelter

He wasnt expecting any post on sunday

why wasnt every at the school cunts then since harry went there for 8 years

>cuck
>not his wife's son
>literally just his nephew
Do you even know what that word means?

>Dumbledore cucked Vernon

They were in one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Just your regular eternal beady-eyed anglo ""family"" really

I hate how shit the magic is in these books and films you could replace the wands with guns, a lock pick and flash lights and they would be exactly the same.

The books have tons of different magic, it's just that Harry is a lazy shit that only uses one or two spells in combat and the movies make it even worse by making every spell do the same thing (knock someone down)

>Catch -22
>low tier

Stop trying to Frankenstein Harold Bloom-pasta into your own stupid bullshit.

Nothing burns my ass harder than pasta appropriation. The first half of this pasta is ass and so is the image, Harold Bloom pasta was inspired though. Don't taint it. Just post it as it is.

They were supposed to be Roald Dahl type villains who are just goofy ignorant dicks but then people started taking Rowling seriously because she botched the Dahl execution and they just become genuine assholes with confusing motives.

>Learn wizards are a thing
>Learn that there are people out there, who could casually solve world hunger, avert resource crisises, end most wars as a result, and generally work towards making the world a better place without much of a hussle
>Learn these assholes don't do any of it, unless it's cleaning up a massive pile of shit they themselves made, and even then they're doing it in the most incompetent way possible
>They still have the gull to bitch and moan about life, despite being the most exceptionally gifted people in existence and not doing anything with it

Wouldn't you become bitter and angry seeing and knowing all this, while being told you have to take care of one of these people? On top of that, that one special among them that they use most recently as their excuse not to do jackshit, because apparently they think that a goddamn baby out-doing them means they shouldn't try harder.

Why were muggle allowed into Hogwarts in the first place, really?
Halfbloods I can understand, but muggles doesn't make sense.

The Eternal Muggle

they weren't r tard

Fuck this is the first time I've read that someone else was turned on by this

Come to bed, Harry... Aunt Petunia will take care of you...

Petunia hated Harry because she was jealous of her sister's magical abilities, so much so that she wrote to Hogwarts wanting to be a witch herself. She cared about making sure Harry had the bare essentials to survive because he IS family after all, but hated his parents and hated herself for being inferior to them. This is covered in the last book.

Vernon was a boring, conservative normie who wanted everything 'odd' and 'different' completely disconnected from his life. Picture the cliched Liberal view of the typical Republican voter: uneducated but very self-confident in his intelligence, boring but confident in his sense of humor and social skills, nosy but private, and probably a religious man as well despite his base knowledge of magic and wizards. Harry is everything weird, special and interesting that he can ever truly be, based on his mere existence as a wizard. Vernon tried over the years to make Harry so held down and oppressed that he wouldn't be a wizard, because logic. Vernon Dursley is the kind of man who would send a gay kid to a 'pray the gay away' program and feel like he was doing God's work.

Dudley was coddled, spoiled and given a punching bag to brutalize while also having a father figure egging it on and rewarding him for his efforts. Rotten parenting 101.

It's not that complicated.

Some old queer saddled them with a child that was being hunted by the most dangerous man on the planet and all his cultist horde. He didn't consult them or give them any choice and their own son was put in danger because of this and was a victim of wizards multiple times. The ultimate fate of the Dursleys was them being forcibly removed from their home and their lives to live under the protection of people they didn't trust and frankly, rightly so.

>atlas shrugged
>god tier

I read the books so long ago and probably did a great deal of skimming because for some reason I used to think Mr Dursley made a face-turn somewhere. Or did a couple nice things. I can't remember. They just stay boring assholes the whole story?

>Or did a couple nice things.

He didn't throw the kid in an orphanage and tell Dumbedore to fuck off

Hot

She is a sexy mummy.

Are you talking about the scene at the beginning of the Half-Blood Prince? That was really hot.

Can anyone find a screenshot of her in the skirt? I can't find it and I don't have a copy of the movies.

is this legit?

>it's Harry rapes Petunia threatening her with magic, and after that uses obliviate spell to erase her memory episode

>Atlas Shrugged in God Tier
>Hamlet and Brave New World in low tier

>anti-christian
JK Rowling is literally a member of the Scottish Reformed Church, and has said multiple times that the Harry Potter novels are deeply influenced by her faith.

>Harry do you remember the time I employed the villian of the story at your school to be defense against the dark arts teacher multiple times even though I knew they would eventually try to kill you because IT WAS ALL A TEST BRO
>I was a good headmaster

> tfw Petunia married a guy like that because she knew she could never have a magical life and wanted to try and embrace muggle life to its fullest

He is the opposite of the wizarding world. Sad!

Dudley was nicer to Harry after OOTP, where the dementors attacked him and made him see "his true self".
He left a cup of tea in front of Harry's door once and Harry stepped on it, thinking it was a prank.
And he seemed genuinely worried about Harry when they left him in book 7, Petunia as well but she couldn't bring herself to say anything, just left.

plebeian

Nah, Dudley did though. Harry saves his life from Dementors in OotP and it took a couple years but the ended up on decent terms with Dursley realizing his parents were just cunts.

Their kids play together sometimes.

They have internalized communism to the point of being afraid of anything bourgeoisie or, horror of horrors, POSH.

High-class education, good breeding, old traditions, the Queen's English, These things are the bane of cosmopolitan so-and-sos and their leftist world views. Labor is inundated with them. I remember reading of some prominent labor officials who visit Buckinhgam palace for briefings with HRM when they themselves are openly (British) republicans and refuse to show deference like petulant children.

You all need to just bring back serfdom. You lower classes will destroy the country.

> Writers
> lower class

And lower class voted brexit

theory u fag

Why didn't dambldore just adopt Harry? Or other wizard who would be glad to do so? They could even force Snape to adopt Harry since he so much loved Lilly.

It wasn't lower classes, it was average white Brits living outside of cancerous cities. I.E. people like the Dursleys.

No, the first chapter of Philopshers Stone is from Vernon's perspective the day Voldemort was initially defeated and Harry was given to them by Dumbledore. He was exactly the same before he'd even met Harry.

It's illegal for homosexuals to adopt.

That guy was such a fat fuck- who didn't see his death coming

He didn't want harry to grow up a spoiled rich asshole. Plus the seal on the house protected him, if he grew up in the magic world there is a good chance some ex death eater would but a knife in his throat.

I don't remember Petunia being a milf. Those legs. How did a fat old fuck like Vernon Dursley get her?

JUST

Jealous atleast in book 7 its revealed petunia asked dumbledor in a letter if she could enter hogwarts

Jesus, that's a sexy dress

holy fuck I've been wondering who the fuck "Venom" was reading this thread, only now do I realize its Ver non, jesus is it dsylexia?

The average Brit is lower class, England is not a rich country if you arnt a banker

seeing where he came from it's more of an un-JUST tbqhwy

tfw you'll never prowl surrey with Big D and the lad bullying younger kids

They were though. It's been a while since I read the books but I remember literally everyone in the school ganging up on Harry once a year. Helping Hagrid and his dragon. Speaking parseltongue. Probably something to do with Sirius. Being in the triwizard cup. Fighting government propaganda. etc etc. Although I'm not sure how much is that was Harry being a horcrux because wizards in general were just fucking pricks.

Bad kerning

God damn I wish the HP movies were watchable

I like about three scenes in the entire franchise and they're all at the start of this one

>God damn I wish the HP movies were watchable
so much wasted potential

Terry Gilliam directing a remake of the whole series WHEN

Innate magical bigotry amplified by 11 straight years of living with the negative mental effects of a horcrux followed by summers untill it's 18th birthday.

Every city apart from London voted leave. I live in the biggest urban area outside London which is poor as fuck and was the highest leave vote in the country.

>Terry Gilliam
>At his age directing 7 or more movies
You know what year this is. Why are you trying to jinx it?

kek the films are fantastic, we already discussed this in the cgi threat last night

Cuaron and Yates bringing the pure kino

3>7.1>6

Fuck, I just remember that Alan Rickman died this year... ;_;

looks better desu

>Great Gatsby and Atlas Shrugged in God tier
>Catch 22 and Brave New World in low tier

Harry, be a good boy and come here! You need to give your auntie a good licking...