Why the hell is all jazz the same? It's literally always the same shit, you have a refrain...

Why the hell is all jazz the same? It's literally always the same shit, you have a refrain, one of the band members does a solo, go back to the refrain, repeat and you have a "masterpiece". Sure the solos and the scales they play in change, but it's always the fucking same (especially the drums), for a genre that's all about musical freedom it sure is limited.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0wgA9L5TN5M
youtube.com/watch?v=gIa3ftX20yo
youtube.com/watch?v=HdcZg-DVyZM
youtube.com/watch?v=1jcnsaXnTRk
youtube.com/watch?v=m14a5qjEveo
youtube.com/watch?v=xbMXA1YMRpU
youtube.com/watch?v=NEftw9o1joo
youtube.com/watch?v=hVzNGM8fsWc
youtube.com/watch?v=iVSkUM8TQpc
youtube.com/watch?v=cvLjp-7b0Jk
youtube.com/watch?v=RvGZyq3mvAU
youtube.com/watch?v=rARGPAkIcw4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why the hell is all rock the same? It's literally always the same shit, you have a refrain, one of the band members does a solo, go back to the refrain, repeat and you have a "masterpiece". Sure the solos and the scales they play in change, but it's always the fucking same (especially the drums), for a genre that's all about musical freedom it sure is limited.

Miles Davis wishes he could have half the progression of a King Crimson song in one of his shitty "jamz"

I'm assuming you've only listened to jazz standards then? Cause there's lots of jazz that goes outside of that narrow framework.

Also, it's a shit argument to say that it's all the same because they all follow a similar structure. The majority of pop and rock-based genres follow a verse>chorus>verse>chorus>bridge>chorus>chorus framework. Yet I don't see you complaining about rock bands all being the same.

>half the progression of a King Crimson song
>it's another 'prog fan attempts to critique jazz purely on technical merits because in their autistic mind technicality is super duper important nothing else matters because i am le emotionless robot' episode
Abandon thread.

Only jazz I've heard that actually wasn't the same for 10 to 20 minutes was Saint Black and The Sinner Lady, could u pls rec me some?
Pretty sure a song can have emotion without it just being some guy jerking off his trumpet for 5 minutes while everybody just repeats what they're doing

show me a fucking King Crimson song that is anywhere near the level of progression of Miles' Bitches Brew or Coltrane's Ascension.

(You) should be beaten for being this fucking retarded

they should
here you go dumbass, pic related

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING

I am not a big jazz fan, but KC is pretty simplistic though, most of the time its just them wanking over 4 chords, Frippster has been fooling you all these years with all those solos.

OP has a point, these two songs are exactly the same. Literally no difference at all.
youtube.com/watch?v=0wgA9L5TN5M
youtube.com/watch?v=gIa3ftX20yo

I wasn't talking about free jazz or other more experimental sub genres, I love a lot of free jazz and jazz-fusion but I was talking more specifically about the more tradicional side of jazz, stuff like cool, modal and all those different "bops"
Is it so hard to believe I find that boring? I don't like chill music, if I wanted to relax there are other things that make me feel more relax, this shit just bores me.

jazz is all about chilling you dweeb. now stop posting, delete this thread and rub one out to led zeppelin or some shit

This is good
youtube.com/watch?v=HdcZg-DVyZM

can this be considered jazz?
youtube.com/watch?v=1jcnsaXnTRk

This is a pretty retarded argument. That's like complaining every song goes verse>chorus>verse.

If you use such a narrow definition of jazz of course you're going to think it all sounds the same
Might as well only complain about lack of variety in rock when you're only actually talking about a particular era of classic rock or something

you sound like an annoying person with no friends
youtube.com/watch?v=m14a5qjEveo

Yes and I do, that's why I don't listen to music that does that

Well that's a little mean, I don't know about annoying but I do have some friends

they probably secretly hate you for not liking good music

What do you listen to then? You hate jazz and hate anything with a chorus.

Why the hell is all common practice classical music the same? It's literally always the same shit, you have an exposition, repeat, you develop it following some conventions, go back to the expsotion and you have a "great sonata". Sure the harmonies and the melodies they play in change, but it's always the fucking same (especially the violin), for a genre that's all about musical excellence it sure is limited.

>complaining about music not using enough chords
>complaining about music being too "simple"
prog snob detected, go listen to safe as milk by captain beefheart. it's his take on the blues and pretty great

Let's fucking face it guys. Music and art in general has to follow some form. If its not conceptually thought out its probably going to end up a steaming pile of shit. Even dada had some subterranean concepts fueling its movement. While experimental sounds can make leaps and bounds from era to era, it all happens in gradual form.

If you find something unexciting because of its structure you're probably underestimating its stylistic origins in its overall context.

>its all the same

youtube.com/watch?v=xbMXA1YMRpU

youtube.com/watch?v=NEftw9o1joo

youtube.com/watch?v=hVzNGM8fsWc

youtube.com/watch?v=iVSkUM8TQpc

youtube.com/watch?v=cvLjp-7b0Jk

youtube.com/watch?v=RvGZyq3mvAU

youtube.com/watch?v=rARGPAkIcw4

Go listen to chill wave 10 hour compilations on YouTube then. You're clearly not really interested in any real appreciation of music.

Just stop replying people.