Unpopular Opinion Poll: Are people who get Gender Reassignment Surgery Mentally Ill? Y/N

Unpopular Opinion Poll: Are people who get Gender Reassignment Surgery Mentally Ill? Y/N

Other urls found in this thread:

multifiles.pressherald.com/uploads/sites/4/2014/11/541421_560972-nemitz0001.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump

Depends on the person and the reasons why they do that.
Dont be dumb OP, there is no easy answer. Guess thats why you are on Sup Forums and feel threaten by transsexuals.

Nobody feels threatened, your just making you existence a part of our everyday life, we didn't give a shit about you before, now that we have to hear about some queers feelings everyday, or the fact that Bruce Jenner is mentally challenged

Yes yes yes yes and yes.

Also always yes. No exceptions.

We should be doing these freaks a favour and giving them proper help, getting their heads straight and recognising the sex they really are.

If they still can't accept it then stop wasting time and money in them, take them out the back and shoot them.

/thread

the millennial faggots otherwise known as hipsters & p3d0tards think they can pick & choose thanks to their dumb fuck parents the baby boomers.

I see your point, what's not to say that their thought pattern mental wellbeing changes again in the future and they regret their decision to permenantly switch genders. There's no undo button.

I think, it's yes, but it's mostly I've seen because people have had a traumatizing experience which have then caused them to, make an attempt to "escape" their own person, by changing their gender.

Any pshycologists on Sup Forums ?

Yes, it is a recognized condition called Gender Identity Disorder

Thats not an unpopular opinion, thats a question.

We need a solid definition of mentally ill. We can just use the rather simple disorder of mood, behavior, or thinking. In such case, yes gender dysphoria (the drive behind the vast majority of gender reassignment surgery) are mentally ill.

But so what? Is it a disorder that causes them harm? It certainly isn't hurting anyone else at all. And such a person getting gender reassignment surgery doesn't hurt anyone either.

So yes, they are mentally ill, but not in a way that harms anyone, and not in a way that prevents them from being productive members of society. So what if they are mentally ill in that particular sense.

whatever stupid fuckin amerifag doctor that got paid to certify that should be made to transition....lol

Exactly. I'm aware plenty of them that have the operation end up regretting it.

Which is another way of saying they're just freaks with serious mental issues. You don't let a schizophrenics illness take over his life, we shouldnt do this for traps either.

Nice calm reasoning from the other side of the fence

And that's a statement, not an answer.

Triggered the mentally ill faggot

multifiles.pressherald.com/uploads/sites/4/2014/11/541421_560972-nemitz0001.jpg

some girl have penises, some boys pussies, get over it.

>>

did u get triggered....lol

Gonna need a citation for that claim. And you need to go ahead and clarify hat exactly plenty means. Do you only mean there are a large number, or do you mean there is a high percentage. Because one of those metrics is incredible meaningful and potentially a reason to stop the surgeries. The other doesn't necessarily mean that at all.

By the way, recent research suggests regret after the surgery falls somewhere between 1-4%.

I should probably say I'm not trans, I know a few peopel who are, and I have read some of the research on the condition, but I don't claim to be an expert on the subject, but I think I'm more educated on the subject than your average person on the street.

Having said that, the only people I know who underwent transition surgery and regret it don't regret the surgery. The problem they now have is thought the sense of dysphoria would just disappear once they had the surgery. It has diminished, but it hasn't gone away. The real problem they have is they had shit therapy beforehand (someone just checked the block so they could get the surgery).

In trans community you'll hear people bitch about gatekeepers and how bad they are. And they really used to be, like the ones who refused to let a biological male get the surgery unless they were attracted to other men. Those gatekeepers were using the surgery to "cure" homosexuality, rather than as a treatment for gender dysphoria. Now many (if not most) of the docs who are saying slow down are concerned the person knows exactly what they are getting into and making sure they have realistic expectations of what will and won't change.

Y

But not just mentally.
Hormonal imbalance feeds the mental illness feeds the hormonal imbalance feeds the mental illness, etc.

Nah if you wanna be happy then do what you have to do that makes you happy, it only becomes a problem when you wander round demanding everyone accepts it

fixed that for you.

Was a little imprecise last go around

I support trans rights because everyone should have the choice to mutilate and sterilize themselves if they want. Then their bloodline ends and my children will be less likely to breed with that weak and mentally diseased genetic refuse.

/thread

Who gives a fuck for real. The problem will go away when we all stop caring.

bruce jenner is. otherwise, not so much.

I think your mixing emotional mental feelings of gender relationship as apposed to which Physical Gender attributes science has proven to be either male or female.

If I tattoo words on my body and mentally associate myself with a book, it does not make me any more of a book.

Agreed, that is what I was going to say.

I'm recognizing that the same word may have different meanings in different contexts.

For example:
I have faith evolution is a better exaplnation than creationism.
I have faith in Jesus.
I have faith 'b' continues to be an ocean of piss.

Faith means something different in each of those.

Just as you are recognizing gender can have different meanings in different contexts since you used the qualifier "physical" in your own reply.

Science by the way doesn't define prove any physcial trait is male or female, they define male or female as a collection of traits attempting to ensure the overlap between them is minimal. But some of them are subjective, such as breast development. Because it isn't that men don't develop breasts to any extent, but that they develop it to a lesser extent. And it isn't than men are incapable of lactating, but that it is highly uncommon for them to lactate.

And sometimes when people use the word gender they are not referring to physical sex characteristics.

But you already knew that, and in fact agreed with the corrected image I posted. Because in your response you clarified that you did mean physical gender,

So if I want to cut off my dick and attach It to my back and pretend its a fin because I identify as a dolphin, am I a mentally healthy person? I am not am I? Then what's the difference between cutting my dick off and pretending it's a fin and having everyone treat me like a dolphin and cutting my dick off and shaping it to a vagina and have everyone treat me like a woman?

Let that sink in. I'll just sit and wait for World War 3 to annihilate the pussies

Point taken... there's always two sides to every argument... some (I'd go out if my way to say a majority) of people see gender as a physical attribute made up by genes provided by our parents at birth with only two possible outcomes. Others see gender as something totally different altogether more of an emotion or something that you relate to

The way I see it is, if you wanna live out your fantasy, knock yourself out. Just don't expect me to respect you for/over it.

KEK