Characters who not only did nothing wrong but were marginalized by society unjustly

>characters who not only did nothing wrong but were marginalized by society unjustly

Being a squiv or whatever the term for a magiclet is wasn't bad by itself, but he let it turn him into a dick and no one liked him because of that. If I was at Hogwarts I would have made fun of him like everyone else.

nice mental gymnastics

>he got picked on and shouldve smiled and taken it

you must have lots of friends

Nasir khan

It's an explanation for why he's a dick, but it's not a justification, and he certainly has no right to take it out on kids.

>>he got picked on and shouldve smiled and taken it

Yeah, he should have.

Do you really think going "FUCKING WIZARDS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SQUIB UPRISING WHEN?" is a great way to earn respect and companionship? If he had learned to deal with it and find a place for the person he was he would have been a hell of a lot more pleasant (and had more friends) than the robot we got.

Look at Hagrid. He's treating like shit by society as a whole but he's a great guy and he's got friends, a hell of a lot more them than Filch.

Hagrid's not the best example, society treats him ok, except for the Slytherins/antagonists I think Maxime was the only one to treat him with disrespect due to his blood, and then they definitely fugged later on.

Lupin's a better example.

I'm pretty sure Hagrid is a pariah, outside of his personal friends, it's just not as noticeable because a) he mostly keeps to himself and b) he inspires a little fear through his sheer size any time he walks in the room.

kek

wtf I hate capitalism now

>get expelled in third-grade because of an accusation you let a beast kill people
Yes. People adored him.

Why is wizard society so shit? How are their basic legal doctrines so fucking awful?

What did it feel like?

Perhaps, but if that's the case, then his circle of friends is very large.

>speaking terms with Cornelius Fudge
>barkeeps and bar patrons all are friendly with him
>seems generally well-liked by Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw as well.

Probably doesn't hurt that he's personal friends with Dumbledore, but really, the only people we see being dickish towards him are Le Bad Guys.

You're talking about kids and the dregs of society here. Fudge is the only member of polite society, and his is a cordial working relationship with the lackey of a hugely powerful and respected mentor figure.

That girl was Moaning Myrtle. I'd look at it as a favor tbqhwy senpai

Hm, that's an interesting point.

He never scored

The harry potter universe is easily one of the most horrible mainstream children's universes to live in.

Oh sure magic is fun and all until you realize the legal system is draconic at best and society is fucked and racist beyond realism

I still can't believe Harry never let MM give him a ghost blowjob. Teenage boys are horny as hell, even if it felt like nothing he could probably get off to it.

Screw magic, the most unrealistic thing about these books is that Harry pretty much never thinks of sex or jacks it from the ages of 11-17.

Not really beyond realism, given how little they interacted with muggle society for most of history, and the fact that the whole thing takes place in the early 90's. I'm sure cameras everywhere and the internet would have forced some sort of integration to take place, but in its time it seems quite possible.

The real hero of the film.

But Hagrid gets a supercool magic-shortcut umbrella weapon that he can use whenever he wants. All the squib gets is a stupid cat; I don't see why he even stays at Hogwarts if he hates it so much.

In JK Rowling's first draft, Harry was supposed to marry him out of their mutual love for each other.

That's bullshit but I believe it.

Good.

Squibs can see wizard magic though, unlike muggles.

So a squib could hunt wizards, Van Helsing style, using guns etc.

That would have made a better plot for Cursed Child, rather than harry being a deadbeat dad, and time travel.

>live in a world where everyone, even bratty children, have godlike powers where you have none
>in their infinite generosity, they let you be the janitor
>you have to hear them constantly mock how silly muggles are for being born without this unobtainable gift

Felt sorry for him. At least he has a cool cat.

I remember rewatching Chamber of Secrets later on and actually getting a bit emotional when he tried to hide his letter that revealed he was a squib.