Hey, Sup Forums

Hey, Sup Forums.

It's looking like I'll have to drop out of college. I have fantastic grades, no issue getting my work done, and all-around really fucking love university. My whole life, I was told that college would be my chance to escape from an abusive home, and it really was. I made my first-ever friends there, and saw significant improvements in my Bipolar disorder. I'm honestly terrified about how things are going to end up if I'm forced back into my old situation.

Solutions? Advice? Tips and tricks? I need ideas on what to do beyond university. I'd go to a trade school, but that also costs money and I spent three years already being classically trained as a machinist and am shit at it.

Uhh so why would you drop out?

Why are you having to drop out nigga?

I'm bipolar I think. Idk either bipolar or schizophrenic, symptoms started this year

Drop out of college. College is a meme. It's bullshit. Don't do it unless you're gonna be a doctor, lawyer, or scientist. Learn about machines. Work on machines.

It sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders, you should trust yourself.

DO NOT GO TO COLLEGE. Biggest waste of money I've ever seen. All of that information is accessible on the internet.

Sorry your art history major couldn't get you a job my man. Should have gone STEM.

I did go stem. Then I decided to learn on my own without paying money because I'm not a retarded faggot and I know how to use the internet.

Don't go to college unless you're in a STEM field or possibly architecture

Oh. Well... That's cool I guess but a degree is still a lot better on a resume than no degree.

Electronics Technicians are in high demand. NY Transit is actually in a state of emergency because no one is entering the field.

You fuckers forget that there are thousands of old men who install, repair, troubleshoot and maintain the mission critical communications infrastructure.

Earning a basic certification will get you started. Some jobs require working in the field, some you work from a shop or office.

Learn basic electronics and get a certification for skills.

Fiber optics alone is huge. Install fiber for a living and feel good.

ETA International is an association for electronics techs. They have a shit ton of different certifications. Take an exam, pass, be certified, get hired.

>classically trained as a machinist
So you studied at Julliard Trade Tech. Pulleys? Lever and fulcrum? Archimedean screw?

You know what's even better? Every certification needs the field coupled with a stunning work history and positive references from every previous employer. Gotta have a teeny bit of charisma to do it, but I'm making $50k now and that's only 2 years into my career in machining.

ETA certs are cheap too. they're a not-for-profit.

Most expensive exam fee is $150

I'm autistic and I got into the top cybersecurity degree program in the nation. Stop making excuses, you manic depressive pussy.

I THINK OP 404 AND LEFT THE THREAD

Not all STEM majors are created equal.

Samefagging

>because I'm not a retarded faggot

But you clearly are.

OP Here.

My family is very poor and cannot support me. The rest of my extended family refuses to co-sign for loans. The one person who could sign is now being rejected, which is why I got through one year but will not be able to go back.

A few other things about me:

I'm disabled, can't legally drive, and am your average short blonde girl.

Also, IDK how old you are but it's very easy to assume you have Bipolar and more severe illnesses like Schizophrenia. It's more likely you are experiencing symptoms that could potentially be shared with people who have those illnesses, but you may have something else. It's smarter to keep the door open rather than shut when it comes to getting properly diagnosed by a professional! Either way, that sucks dude.

You're bipolar and not on disability? You're a fucking moron. File for disability and get the state to pay for school. Or do call center work.

Loser.

It's just something my shop teacher used to say- like I said, I'm shit at it. This made me laugh, though.

You have any tattoos, Brad?
How about you, Janet?

Can I even get disability? I'm pretty sure they canceled mine.

Yes. You can. Get an attorney to help you figure it out.

Be me 19 going college this year
Going to learn computer engineering

Lucky me I'm poor
I getting free college

That's cool. I will, thank you.

Where at, Panjeet?

Might take years but get your lazy ass up and do it.

Your shop teacher must have predated the great CNC revolution. I do, too -- still own two slide-rules.
Before you leave college, visit whatever passes for a guidance/placement counselor and talk to him/her about your options. Some of them genuinely want to help, so you could luck out. Even if not, they have tests you can take to tell you what you're good and bad at, saves on all the guesswork.

You had to mention your sex

Tits

thanks for this thread.