What's your favorite art rock album music nerds? I need a playlist for tonight

What's your favorite art rock album music nerds? I need a playlist for tonight.

I liek all of dis

Rembrandt Pussyhorse is a good listen. Is see parallels with crimson good shit

or The Durutti Column - LC

Neu! '75 and Faust IV

Love this album. Progressive, experimental, and artful.

All of this is artsy 70's prog except for the last one. Soft Bulletin is essential 90s art rock.

Close to the edge and wish you were here are the pinnacle of Yes and Pink Floyd. I've never listened to soft bulletin but I'll take your word. Listening to it now.

It may not be for everyone, but I am a huge fan of soft bulletin. Report back if you can

All of eno's 70s albums

Popol Vuh - Hosianna Mantra

Soft bulletin is real feelsy shits. I like it. I wasn't expecting to, although I've heard flaming lips stuff that's impressed me. I'm still listening to the album in its entirety. What's your favorite track on the album?
That's a bold claim. I'll check it out next and let you know what I think

Opening track and Superman are both good songs, but I think all the tracks are pretty solid, except for maybe a few in the middle. Glad you like it

The opening track is what fucked me up hard style
I'll skip to superman and continue on with the album after
Great suggestions, guys. It's one of this early nights and I need some shit to keep me going

All I've heard is Pepper. Where to start with Butthole Surfers?

I'd say all king crimson but this album in particular has been growing on me lately

Good stuff. My favorites are red, discipline, in the court of the crimson king, and lizard. In that order

The Modern Dance by Pere Ubu is mine right now

>posting meme prog garbage
Lmao. Get that neckbeard stuff outta here!

Vision Creation Newsun

Start with Pepper

muh avant-teencore

mauldin of the well is honestly the most slept on Sup Forumsetal album on this board.
strongly recommend it to anyone interested in prog, or just looking to get out of a music rut because it is very unique.

gazpacho

Its literally in the metal Sup Forumscore chart and at the top of RYM's avant-garde metal chart. I'm ignorant as fuck about metal and even I heard that one years ago.

Ambient and atmospheric. I agree. A good album so far
Keep the artsy shit coming guys I can't get enough

don't play this near normal people

Tool - Lateralus
Pink Floyd - Animals

>maudlin of the well
>album

???

yeah that what I said. Its been on the chart for years now but I've rarely seen discussion here.

Been on a 666 binge for a bit now, very very cash. Everything is so thematic and grandiose it really does feel like some lost greek epic.

I really like animals on of the best concept albums imo and lateralus is good
I like the suggestions but I'd also like to hear music I haven't heard before

hey, listen to mine OP

Nah, avant teens have TMR, Eskimo, Torch Of The Mystics, Disco Volante, and Psychic Powerless instead of the more knowledgeable choices above.
Toby Driver makes some of the only actually interesting prog out there. Choirs Of The Eye's where it's at for me.

I did and it's like a weird jazzy neoclassical feel that I really couldn't sum up. Very good music I already favorited the album out of the list of stuff on this thread. Thanks for the reminder I forgot to respond. Lots of god requests rally like all of the music so far

Camel - Mirage

It's not really rock but I do love the album so far thanks for the suggestions I'm digging every song on this album
It's parallel to my tastes do you have anything else you'd like to share

It's like new age right?
It's got those great melodies.
Reminds me of Robert Fripp & Brian Eno's 2 albums together, and Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells and Ommadawn.
Steve Reich's Electric Counterpoint would be up the same alley I think.

TMR is sex though

Yes exactly. Like new wave expiermental. It's honestly hard to classify because it's all over the place good stuff nonetheless. It's going in my library. Thanks

Superwister brought a tear to my eye. Great musicianship I beg for more

I've yet to venture into Kayo Dot but I'll be sure to prioritize them my man
Glad u liked, the entire album reminds me of the best parts of Colors - Between the Buried and Me.

If anyone wants some weeb tinged avant-metal check out Yazuka they're pretty solid as well

Nimrodel has one of my favorite solos. I'm assuming your well versed in King Crimson, Pink Floyd, Rush, and Zappa?

Comus - First Utterance
Mr Bungle - California
Spiritualized - Ladies and Gentlemen
Ween - The Mollusk

Faust debut also