Why do normies hate this

Why do normies hate this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pv1j4FhCU9I
youtube.com/watch?v=DQTgEdghAOA
youtube.com/watch?v=NzakrA2NUpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Same reason they can't handle the end of lost. Everything needs to be explained/spoonfed to them

is this worth watching?
i didnt like mr robot or game of thrones to get an idea of my taste level

>Everything needs to be explained/spoonfed to them

I've never heard of whatever is in OP's picture, but is it really ambiguous? I love shit like that.

This show is much more patrician than mr robot or GoT.

If you do give it a try, make sure you watch at least up to episode 3, if you're not hooked by then, then it's not for you.

It's ambiguous as fuck, user.

The main event that causes all of the drama in the series is never even fully explained.

Because normals watch TV to turn off their brain and get confused and angry when things make them think.
>I don't understand what you just said! You must be insulting my intelligence!

Yeah, it's done by Lost's creator Damon Lindelof & uses alot of the same elements like surreal imagery, crazy/abstract shit going on with zero exposition & a ton of parallels to theology, existentialism, religious allegory, etc.

Solid show that only gets better. Only minor gripe is the teenager bullshit, but that's eliminated pretty quick into season#1. As user said here if you aren't hooked by ep3 or so it's just not for you.

Good, I hate it when everything is fully explained. Ruins the mystery. I'm gonna check it out.

This. I'm honestly bored at 'turn your brain off' types of tv/movies. Not even trying to say I'm so intelligent or something, I just like my brain to be active, because just sitting like a vegetable makes me feel physically ill. It's why I could play a videogame for 10 hours straight and feel fine, but if I watch a Fast and The Furious movie I'll feel sick.

i'm not a normie but i can't remember why i didn't like it. just didn't care about the characters, the setting, the world, etc. i guess. it seemed to try so hard to create a distinct world where everything has some sort of acronym or jargon and it just seemed contrived and confined in a way that doesn't suit how great a scope the show is otherwise supposed to have.

also for all it's ambiguity it does go out of its way to explain certain things in really fine detail that is really unsatisfying once the mystery is gone. makes you think they should have left some things ambiguous but not have introduced so many ambiguities.

not a bad show by any means especially in today's tv climate, just not a very outstanding one either, but with one or two notable episodes. you probably can think of them.

>parallels to theology, existentialism, religious allegory, etc.

i guess it does have these elements but they're included in a kind of shallow way, like the show didn't actually need them and they're just there to try to elevate it.

Because it's boring as fuck and nobody cares about a sect of smokers that don't speak

Geez louise there is a lot of big words being thrown around in this thread, I just want to know did he fuck his Daughters freind or not, fuck letting the mystery be

This is literally the best show on television

The problem with the end of Lost was how they tried to explain everything though. They created too many mysteries and tried to wrap them all up quickly, if they had left it vague it would have been better.

Its not ambiguous, it just dicks the audience around a lot. Because that's all lindelof can do.

>Why do normies hate this.
1. mistery is not explained
2. too depressive
3. no quips / quirky humor

>Why do normies hate this.

what are you talking about? I thought normies loved The Leftovers. The only reason I'm not watching it is because of Lindelhoft

If they hadn't shifted to "okay, its all magic and everyone who implied otherwise at anytime was lying. Even us. As we said they weren't dead. But they are/were." it would've been better.

its for normies who think they're not like all the other normies.

I tried watching it and hated all characters, also don't care about what happened, lindelof never answers anything

>tfw Aimee and Jill will never choke me

But the first time I watched this I didn't quite get it. But by the second or third round I began to appreciate it more and see some of the themes Better

i just rewatched defending your life for the fist time in years and couldnt stop thinking about this is where leftovers got the idea for pergatory being a hotel

It doesn't have Captain America.

Generally if my entertainment doesn't have Captain America and/or flashy cgi 'splosions then I want nothing to do with it.

One could say that this should be thrown away just like the leftovers in the fridge, lol

>is this worth watching?
It's the best currently airing show

This. Sad it's ending in October but it's probably best if it doesn't drag on too long

>Everything needs to be explained/spoonfed to them
so this is just for religous people then

then again, no, it's not just hated for not being explained. i hate it because they make random miraculous shit and thats all, what makes the plot. and then they try to make a serious drama around that unrealistic, impossivle event.

if they wanted to make a show about sects they just should do it, but why the "aaymaos captured everyone" crap ?

i hated, but struggled through the 2 season.
mostly boring soap opera interrupted with random wtf (want to be mindfuck) events which try to present fate and god and afterlife and other spiritual shits. lame mixture of irl drama and fantasy/miracles/religions

the main cop guy is more likely a superman though. came back from the dead twice as i remember. got cleaned from murder. etc

HOMEWARD BOUND

>one of the many edgie event of the show

It's fucking boring

>Damon Lindelof
into the trash it goes

S1>S2 desu
Slow pace kino over edgy dream episodes desu (Though that episode is pretty good)

Butthurt LOSTfag detected

Because it's shit

>fucked up Lost script
>fucked up Cowboys & Aliens script
>fucked up Prometheus script
>fucked up World War Z script
>fucked up Star Trek script
nah, Ive seen enough

Think you'll just, let the mystery be.

Affleck's sister is so good in this

>Nora will never sit on your face while Jill rides your cock
why even live family

why cant I have aimee ride my face while jill sucks my cock

You have to bring this shit into every thread?

A valid option. Also
>Liv Tyler will never rape you in the back of a van

This one is a bit better since he outright says that nothing will be answered. For once he's not digging himself into a hole.

Not gonna lie, the fact that the Sup Forums "patricians" seem to have a hard-on for it makes me worried. It's probably shit.

season 1 disturbed me a bit, no idea why, but i enjoyed it

still haven't watched season 2

it is shit. You can predict someone has bad taste on Sup Forums by seeing if they instinctively bash Game of thrones to look cool, as an indicator of their "superior" taste in fiction and defend a less popular show to indicate how important they think they are.
In all honesty this is one of the worst shows i've ever seen, far beneath the level of Game of thrones. It lacks any and all subtlety, it packs so much melodrama into every episode that it becomes cringeworthy and the pretentious afterlife scenes where the main character dies and has to sing a song to come back to life might seem deep and philosophical to someone with an IQ below 90 but to most people it is as retarded as it appears. That is why people like this piece of shit

>though I am with wandering, through hollow lands and hilly lands

because sometimes normies are right

these

Fuck off with this '"us v them" Sup Forumseddit mentality.

>second or third round
that time could be wasted on better shows

LOST went downhill fast after season 3 and The Leftovers started with a fucking superb opening scene (that music is stellar) but quickly devolved into a sapphic blubberfest.

I get that Lindelofian shit appeals to a lot of people.
>Overblown emotional drama
>Pseudointellectualism
>Spunky characters
>Swiss cheese plot that you can fill with your own opinions

But this is faaaaaar far from great television. It's like a step or two up from a sci-fi version of daytime soaps. LOST and this both had their moments, but so much of the fucking plot revolves around characters not communicating with each other in a highly contrived manner plus 180 degree turns that are supposed to blow you away.

The auditor chick from season 1 of Leftovers is a perfect example. She was a great character in the beginning: actually tough, cynical, huge chip on shoulder. At the end of S1 and all throughout S2 she was just annoying and lost everything that made her great.

Let's talk about the smokers. That's a cool concept, same with some guy who sits in a tower all day shitting in food buckets, but much of that idea was wasted.

And every so often you get a cool episode like Zoolander DJ going off into dreamland to battle imaginary baddies as some 007 archetype. It's inconsistent as fuck. Lindelof is an idea man. He needs others to flesh out stories for him, just like Lucas.

It's 12/10 kino
This is the last kino that will ever grace the small screen

S1>S2

I like it but it's wayyy too overly dramatic.

youtube.com/watch?v=pv1j4FhCU9I

Probably because it is pretty much a character / emotion driven drama and doesn't have much action.

It is by far the best show on TV atm and probably of the 2010's TD season 1 can be argued.

The acting on the show is superb, Theroux not getting an emmy nomination is a fucking travesty (Somehow Kit fucking Harrington gets one? I smell bullshit)

Watch it... It's even better than season 1

International Assassin is the best episode of TV I have seen since the Sopranos days.

This is why I hate LOST. A lot of mystery that never gets revealed, because the writers don't even know. I like mysteries that are thought out and actually make sense, not Lindelof-tier shit that is just ambiguous and mysterious for the sake of being ambiguous/mysterious. And no, it's not spoonfeeding, you can still have a show/movie with hints that the plebs won't get.

Lindelof also ruined Prometheus. I don't hate jews, but I hate this faggot-ass son of a bitch.

How is this a Pro and not a Con? The only good thing I've seen where nothing is explained is a movie called Don't Blink, and even then it was kinda 'that's it?'

What's next, a show without a plot? A movie that is made up of ad-libs? The fans of this show remind me of the assholes who fuck around with cheats and never even play a game normally.

Season 1 was shit
Season 2 was pure kino

Love it, but it does get pretty dramatic at times

>when the piano starts swelling up to let you know to start feeling emotions

Season 2's Internation Assassin episode is the best thing I've seen on a TV show.

>Nobody mentioned the god tier shoundtrack by Max Richter

youtube.com/watch?v=DQTgEdghAOA

It's all shit no matter which way it's spun.

>Lost's creator Damon Lindelof

Don't let this scare anyone off. Like many, I was apprehensive about him doing another show with symbolism and all that, but is one the the better shows on HBO in years.

The problem was they clearly had no overarching idea and were just throwing shit against the wall, despite REPEATED claims they had an explanation to tie everything up and together. Everyone bought it because of the tight writing and that characters were interesting and had decent development.

Besides the 1001 mysteries that are impossible to square together in any coherent fashion, the monster is the biggest give away that the writers had no clue what they were doing with the island until maybe season three tops.

youtube.com/watch?v=NzakrA2NUpg
pure kino

Thinking about it more, that's probably why this show is so good. The writers were clear we would be getting no explanation, and that it would simply be used as a vehicle to telling the stories of these characters.

all he does is cry every single episode.
kind of gets annoying after the 5th time

>Aimee will never suck your cock while Jill sucks your cock while Nora sucks your cock while Kevin fucks your ass

WHY EVEN LIVE

literally one of the greatest moments in the past 10 years of television. plebs will never understand and ruin this show thank god.

Part of me thinks ending where it did on S2 would have been a near perfect ending. Seeing his whole family finally together in the house and waiting for him fucking destroyed me.

Don't forget tomorrowland.

You can always spot the capeshit fans, the ones who'd rather take LE EPIC PLOT over genuine character development.

>a show without a plot? A movie that is made up of ad-libs?

Curb your enthusiasm

There isn't a single genuine thing about the leftovers.

People do not die from a single 9mm round to the sternum. Even if it was a fatal shot she would not fall down or die inside of half an hour.

0/10 would not watch

i think the new captain america trailer is out, better go watch that before you start critically thinking. don't want that to happen!

>no one wil ever be that happy to see you

Curb is pure kino along with the Leftovers

the most kino thing on television since maybe Deadwood; the capeshit anathema. This is the last bastion of hope in a world being drowned in brain dead media.

>what if there's nobody home

The name. That's a really dumb name.

>tfw you will never get so fucking hard and fuck Aimee on a big pile of guns

I never got around to Deadwood. Why did it get canceled? Low viewership?

No, Milch wanted to try something new, so he made John From Cincinnati, and that didn't catch on at all, sadly.

That's a shame. When I was searching for it a while back all I remember finding was talks about 4TV movies.

THEY'UH NAUGHT AUR DAUGHS ANYMAHRE.

this

Season two was perfection.

>angry dcuck

Tried the first three episodes. Loved that last one but still undecided if I should continue.

How much money did the tobacco companies give to the production of this show. It made me stop watching, it was the worst in your face product placement ever.

yes! it's fucking great

She's wearing a bulletproof vest. She's getting shot recreationally.

but the smokers are the bad guys?

everyone hates the smokers and they are just brand-less cigs