I got a 1.4 gpa my first year of college since i didnt go to class my second semester due to shitty life circumstances...

i got a 1.4 gpa my first year of college since i didnt go to class my second semester due to shitty life circumstances. is going to medical school (DO) realistic at all assuming i get a 3.5 in my next 3 years or is it completely out of the picture?

help me Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

prospectivedoctor.com/chance-predictor/
studentdoc.com/medfind.html
mcat-prep.com/mcat-scores/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Lis?

>massage parlors
>happy endings

Lol no
You're fucked

Can you even continue college with a 1.4?

forreal? even if i end up with a 3.1 cum or what

Yes. There are tons of medical schools out there. You won't make it into a top school or even most state schools, but if you do well on everything before you graduate you will almost certainly get in some place.

If it works anything like law school there are tons of resources where you can plug in your stats and it will tell you where you can go.

im on academic probation whatever that means, not dismissed tho unless i do bad 1 more semester

thanks a lot! i plan on getting my shit together and kicking ass at a CC for a semester or two then going back to uni. just wabnna make sure that even if i kick ass from now on im not still gonna be fucked and waste all that time and money

maybe an online medical degree like pima medical institue, lmao

and im assuming you dont mean a carribean school right? cause i hear those are a waste

prospectivedoctor.com/chance-predictor/
studentdoc.com/medfind.html
mcat-prep.com/mcat-scores/

Also seems to depend on how well you test.

Only because Big Pharma is annoyed with them. Buy into the sham.

what does that mean? they arent a waste? people say carribean schools are basically noob traps but idk

For example if you score a 512 on the mcat and bring your gpa up to 3.5 you stand a close to 75% chance of acceptance at the average state school. If you test well and spend a few months studying hard you are not in that bad of a position.

Also this might not be your only option. Does your school offer any kind of grade forgiveness if you retake a failed course? Many do, check the student handbook or ask a councilor.

You'd be lucky to graduat undergrad school at this point to be quite honest.

>prospectivedoctor.com/chance-predictor/
Wow. Playing with this a little is really an eye opener. You can see just how much being a nigger helps your acceptance. You could get into an ivy league school with a 3.5 if your skin is dark enough.

yeah my school does grade replacement but MD and DO schools both look at everything, so essentially the GPAs would average out :/

go major in something that wont make you lose your 20's and put you 200k in debt probably

like what? i was considering the military but i hate the military so... not sure what else i have tbh

I think you need to look at the chance predictor for you dropping out of college. You are a failure in only your first year also known as the EASIEST year in college. You are looking at dropping out status soon more than anything, idiot.

you can't get your gpa up to a 3.5 with a 1.4 in your first year. if you get A+ in everything, you might get something in the low 3s, but seeing your current record, you're not going to do that.

Military isn't bad, get free undergrad and a lifelong boost to your resume, banking discounts, loan discounts, insurance discounts.

I'd consider a trade. Welding or plumbing. Good income, can work anywhere in the world, and it won't be automated within the next 50 years.

Some schools allow you to to retake a class and average the grades.

i meant, if i average a 3.5 in the next 3 years which is realistic. so id prob end up with like a 3.0-3.1 cum if you dont factor in grade replacement (which MD and DO schools don't)

Also for medical school science gpa is calculated separately. Did you have any science classes in your first year?

realistically, you are retarded. period.

yep i failed bio 1 and chem 2 lol... i know if i retake them i can get As easily in those two classes, i had a 4.0 in highschool. i just got into drugs then stopped going to class but im on the right track now. just dont wanna waste my time and money if i cant even get into medical school

You should be on academic probation which requires you to speak to a counselor not Sup Forums.

that's nice. medical schools may not care. plus, that's not enough to fix a 1.4.

yeah i am on academic probation but i haven't gotten an email back and what no idea what that even entails. do i jsut speak to a counselor before scheduling this semester or what?

and im just most concerned with whether or not its even possible to pursue medicine if I hypothetically ended with a 3.1 cumulative

> i had a 4.0 in highschool

Me too, I dropped out.

> i just got into drugs

brain damage to boot, yeah no it's not going to happen.

It's possible. May not be a great school, but you can still get to med school. Just kick ass in the next few years

lol
>I have a 1.4 and failed classes but they'll be easy As next time guize :')
no one changes. enjoy your shit life

real answer. Retake all the shitty grades you got and the shit grade wont count against gpa. You can do it, but you're going to have to redo the second semester. Just do 1-2 classes each summer for the retakes.

idgaf what school it is, i just dont wanna waste 200k and 4 years then not get in even if i do well last 3 years

my school does grade replacement but MD and DO schools still see everything, so my GPA would still essentially be affected, although they factor in both the time you failed and the retake

The way my Uni worked is I was On academic probation (was like 1.8). then I had to take a certain amount of class hours and get my GPA back up to be taken out off the list.

>didn't read the thread
not all schools offer grade replacement and medical schools don't consider them in their application

OP is fucked

yeah my advisor wont email me back for some reason even though i think i need to have an appointment with him before i can even schedule

Good for you? He's not asking about getting off of academic probation

THIS

I'd focus more on Rehab first, then figuring out whether enrolling in college is a good action first, before even thinking about the pipe dream of med school or the idea that you'll magically pull off 3.5 gpa's.

If he wants to be a doctor, then he'll have to get used to being Big Pharma's bitch.

Anyway, the only chance he has is at a Caribbean, for-profit med school. Good luck with that.

literally all im asking is if its possible to be accepted if i hypothetically did well the next 3 years. that's it. no shit i need todo better

thanks for the input though

hypothetically I can win the next powerball lottery. I didn't need Sup Forums to figure that out, genius.

>hypothetically did well the next 3 years
With a 3.1 gpa and an average sectional score of 13 on the mcat you can get into boston university medical school or mayo medical school. Some schools weigh the test more than gpa. Maybe if you start doing mcat test prep now and do it daily for the next three years?

More realistically with a 3.1 gpa and an average sectional score of 10 you can get into:

University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine

or

Central Michigan University College of Medicine

Not great but at least they are real accredited schools in america.