I give you Sup Forums from ~70 AD

I give you Sup Forums from ~70 AD
People 2000 years in the future are going to be reading our posts. How does that make you feel?
pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti from Pompeii.htm

Other urls found in this thread:

pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient_Sources.htm#IG
pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Dio History of Rome 66.21-23.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I.2.20 (Bar/Brothel of Innulus and Papilio); 3932: Weep, you girls. My penis has given you up. Now it penetrates men’s behinds. Goodbye, wondrous femininity!

>I screwed the barmaid

We really are Rome 2.0 aren't we

>Herculaneum (on a water distribution tower); 10488: Anyone who wants to defecate in this place is advised to move along. If you act contrary to this warning, you will have to pay a penalty. Children must pay [number missing] silver coins. Slaves will be beaten on their behinds.

DESIGNATED

> meme magic will one day be rediscovered after The Happening

Feels good man

2000 year old shitposting
>VIII.2 (in the basilica); 1826: Phileros is a eunuch!

The Romans were complete degenerates, the difference is that they didn't flaunt it in public on a daily basis like we do, they did it behind closed doors or during festivals.

>tfw all free societies lead to degeneracy which leads to that society collapsing
WE DIDN'T LISTEN

>Theophilus, don’t perform oral sex on girls against the city wall like a dog

>that pic

See, that's why it's more sensible to just use your hands

>VIII.2 (in the basilica); 1863: Take hold of your servant girl whenever you want to; it’s your right
I want rights like that
>you were born in the wrong millennium

>Gaius Valerius Venustus, soldier of the 1st praetorian cohort, in the century of Rufus, screwer of women

>VII.12.18-20 (the Lupinare); 2175: I screwed a lot of girls here.

>Romans were the Australians of the ancient world

KEK
>VIII.2 (in the basilica); 1864: Samius to Cornelius: go hang yourself!

>I.4.5 (House of the Citharist; below a drawing of a man with a large nose)
>drawing of a man with a large nose

>VIII.2 (in the basilica); 1904: O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed that you have not already collapsed in ruin.

>Anons complaining about newfags shitting up their board

>R O M A

>R

>O

>M

>A

meme magic has transcended time

found your ancestor
>IX.8.3 (House of the Centenary; in the latrine near the front door); 5243: “Secundus defecated here” three time on one wall.

KEK

>ancient shitposting

>IX.8.3 (House of the Centenary; in the latrine near the front door); 5243: “Secundus defecated here” three time on one wall.

We wuz Romans

the birth of the poop fetish
>Herculaneum (on the exterior wall of a house); 10619: Apollinaris, the doctor of the emperor Titus, defecated well here

You realize this is public graffiti right leaf

>VIII.2 (in the basilica); 1797: No young buck is complete until he has fallen in love

Man, I actually got some feels from this

A lupinare is a whore house.

VI.14.20 (House of Orpheus); 4523: I have buggered men

Found OP

There is more:
pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient_Sources.htm#IG

>S tamps on jars of garum

>2569: Kosher garum

Oy vey

>Profit is happiness!

>Pottery Shop or Bar of Nicanor; right of the door); 10070: Lesbianus, you defecate and you write, ‘Hello, everyone!’

Indian Travellers? In Pompeii?

>Money doesn't stink

>Watch it, you that shits in this place! May you have Jove's anger if you ignore this.
Indians have been warned, use the designated street

>To the one defecating here. Beware of the curse. If you look down on this curse, may you have an angry Jupiter for an enemy.

holy shit

>Nobody is `smart' until he has loved a young girl.
what do they mean by this?

jesus christ we haven't really changed in the last two thousand years have we?

>You shit. Up against the wall.
2000 years later
>You shit up this board

I.10.2-3 (Bar of Prima); 8297: Word square

R
O
M
A
O
L
I
M
M
I
L
O
A
M
O
R

Proof humans didn't evolve lel

makes you rethink what you learned in those history books. If we were like this 2000 years ago we must have been similar 4000 years ago. The only thing different is that now we have computers and machines

>The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
ebin

VII.9 (Eumachia Building, via della Abbondanza); 2048: Original poster likes to screw boys.

He says, those who do not love young girls, are ignorant plebs

what is this picture, i don't understand.

I.4.5 (House of the Citharist; below a drawing of a man with a large nose); 2375: Amplicatus, I know that Icarus is buggering you. Salvius wrote this.

holy fuck.

>70 CE: shitposting on walls
>2016: shitposting on technology
>4016: ?

>How does that make you feel

I kind of like that they know we didn't ask for this

>Cucks were already a meme back then

shitposting you're mum.

London?

>II.7 (gladiator barracks); 8767: Floronius, privileged soldier of the 7th legion, was here. The women did not know of his presence. Only six women came to know, too few for such a stallion.
Things that never happened

pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Dio History of Rome 66.21-23.htm

"Numbers of huge men appeared, but bigger than any human, more like the Giants in paintings. They were seen on the mountain, in the surrounding countryside, and in the cities, wandering over the earth day and night, and also journeying through the air."

>also journeying through the air
>journeying through the air
>journeying
>through the air

AYYYYYY

ROMA
OL I M
MI L O
AMOR

>Milo confirmed roman faggot

We've been relatively similar for 200 000 years. A few thousand years won't change shit.

We'll be writing ethnic slurs and lewd jokes into the junk dna of aliens we find, just in case they evolve sentience later on and decide to check out their own code.

Shitposting in the matrix

This is bloody brilliant

Thanks OP

>the whole if you go back in time you will feel out of place meme is being debunked
>tfw you want to go back in time and shitpost around the cave 200,000 years ago

VIII.7.6 (Inn of the Muledrivers; left of the door); 4957: We have wet the bed, host. I confess we have done wrong. If you want to know why, there was no chamber pot

the poo strikes again

>They didn't flaunt it in public
This is just fucking bullshit. Fucking retard leaf.

The romans literally have signs shaped like dicks all over that pointed towards whore houses.

>can't find my piss can
>oh well I'll piss in my bed
This is why Rome fell

>III.5.1 (House of Pascius Hermes; left of the door); 7716: To the one defecating here. Beware of the curse. If you look down on this curse, may you have an angry Jupiter for an enemy.

a warning to literally not shitpost?

>He who has never been in love can be no gentleman.
>Sup Forums.org

There were plenty of no gf Roman NEETs living off breadstamps accusing one another of buggery on shitposting walls (that some people, apparently, literally shat on.) They had fast food, energy drinks, escapist entertainment and constant debaucherous festivals, including a precession of Cybele's eunuch trap priestesses. No, we haven't changed. Oh, and lest we forget mudskins, Jews and barbarians (the same assholes opening the gates to Europe today.)

wrong image

No is basically
>STOP SHITPOSTING! MODS!!! REEEEEEEE

this makes me sad

There WONT be any sign of our times. Everything will wither(paper), everything else will be lost (digital). There are no sculptures worth saving, no buildings made to withstand the flow of time. We are truly degenerate.

Fuck me sideways

Too bad the message will get distorted over time. It'll confuse the fuck out of them for sure.

holy shit I never realised this

>crying out for jupiter to ban shitposters!

ALL MY KEKS!

>there won't be any signs of our times
>be 4016
>Australia got nuked to death by the great American - Chinese war
>Archeologists finding remains of once civilized island nation
>find computers
>find old hard drives
>recover data
>TB upon TB of shitpost data and screenshots
fear not user, the aussies have us covered.

>you'll never jerk off to your newly dried interracial cuckold mosaic
The more things change, eh.

>YFW you now realize that the oldest cave painting ever found were actually shiposting with pictures

I.4.5 (House of the Citharist; below a drawing of a man with a large nose); 2375: Amplicatus, I know that Icarus is buggering you. Salvius wrote this.
>Icarus possibly a jew?
>friend wrote a crude depiction of a jew to show who is behind his misfortune?
>romans saying jews are behind everything

We'll leave relatively little written history behind. Digital data is useless and effectively rots away within decades. Just try finding a good copy of Unix version 1 and you'll see what I mean.

We're living in a new dark age, which we mistakenly think is a beacon of informational light because some slag we know is tagged in 1732 photos on Faceberg.

Look at it this way. Most postmodernist art is crap made with paper, or even literal crap. We'll be spared that shame.

>Pyrrhus to his colleague Chius: I grieve because I hear you have died; and so farewell.

Fucking feel posters.

>49BC
>Not supporting Julius Caesar
>Wants to Make Rome Great Again
>Wants to deport Gauls
>Wants to build Hadrians wall across Britania
>Is a war hero, has killed many savages
>Crosses the Rubicon, doesn't give a fuck about political correctness
>Optimates BTFO
>Senate BTFO

Yep, and modern architecture exists only to be demolished.

I hope there is some form of renaissance in my lifetime.

What if...

What if those caves are paleo-shitposting, but refined not savage like nowadays?

VI.14.43 (atrium of a House of the Large Brothel); 1520: Blondie has taught me to hate dark-haired girls. I shall hat them, if I can, but I wouldn’t mind loving them. Pompeian Venus Fisica wrote this.
>dark haired girls are untermensch and should be hated
>wouldn't mind having a dark haired gf
cucks have always been with us

YOURE A NIGGER

>you will never know the answer to that question
feels bad man

Hard drives are magnetic, they decay pretty quickly

MODS

>IX.8.12 Cojimas after Mount Vesuvius eruption 5301: I live.

>that gif
jesus dude

That's an example of very early meme-magic. Get everyone in the tribe to visualize the successful hunt about to happen, hunt actually is successful, tribe faith strengthened.

give it 50 years and we will have some real nonmagnetic archival mediums

You can find shitposting of the early 90's, people will find the shitposting of our time, Facebook, Reddit, etc. Shitposting will be studied by future generations who use the internet, but not ours.

Our shitposting will be forgotten, is meant to be forgotten. We have our archives but they will no last, some post may be saved but mostly will be lost.

We are the modern library of Alexandria.

>II.4.1 (bar; left of the door, near a picture of Mercury); 8475: Palmyra, the thirst-quencher

gatorade

>when you survive but everyone around you has been burnt to death or died from the ash

holy fuck my sides.