how long have you been here
2011 here, sad shit really

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xcNIBdKadVw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

2014-15
am i still newfriend

same here, summer of 2011

in some ways, my life has gone in positive directions. i've done things i never thought possible.

in other ways, i feel degraded by this place. so split off from what is acceptable in society. not in terms of taste, but how i act and what i can engage in. some is a product of my upbringing, yet exacerbated.

>song unrelated
youtube.com/watch?v=xcNIBdKadVw

only came here to get the scoop on NLDW
then stayed after a nasty breakup and spent every night drinking browsing the catalog
stayed that way for 2 years
stopped drinking now but i'm still here, been sorta off and on this board lately, not much big music to talk about

this makes me sad. you missed the best times on this board.

Pretty sure I found out about TMS from here (either when it was first released or like 2013), but I rarely came here and never posted.

Started engaging with it more in 2015.

A few years, not exactly sure.

How the fuck do you all remember the exact year? Did your life turn to shit immediately after or something?

Tomorrow

2012, right around when the seer came out

i hate myself and i'm incredibly depressed

how do you all feel about your lives atm? don't meme on me, be honest to yourself

2009, I desperately need to get out but I've been so lazy about learning how to use tumblr/twitter and make content that I actually would want to have my name tied to

One of my older friends who had been stuck going to Sup Forums for even longer warned me about this but I thought he was just being stupid + I never saw Sup Forums getting even close to as bad as Sup Forums

I was baka

2011, and I have found about 5 good bands :<

oh well

this is a great place to shit on tasteless nerds though

came for the CHz hype, stayed for the mbv hype a few months later

the rest, as they say, is better left unsaid

In 2005 i knew a few kids who liked Sup Forums but they were all creeps so i stayed away
In 2011 i got into reading creepypastas of all things and stuck around for my psychedelic phase but only on /x/
Haven’t been on here in like two years but I loaded up Sup Forums a few days ago and haven’t been able to leave

Like 2007

Oh yeah that creepy kid is now a music journalist or something so keep at it kiddos

it was a really strange coincidence that a kid in my community college class was a tripfag on here, he posted pictures and everything. never said anything about it to him

What did he listen to?

Like 2010,
I escaped for a few years which made my life better and now its like a some-times food/treat I allot myself after work.

what five bands tho

hardcore metal nerd, he was a cool guy

synthpop

Can’t believe i have this still its a mix cd this kid I’m thinking of made like 50 copies and handed them out to randos at our high school
If this is you... hi!
I liked numbers girl and mountain goats ofc

This is the first time I've ever been on this board! I usually post in /y/ and /adv/ but I've been wondering what the other boards are like so I'm checking them out slowly

first thing I remember was poon patrol and that earl sweatshirt album

Eat a dick faggot.

Fakers

What do you think?

feels bad man. i remember hijacking chart threads to post annoying breakdowns of the persons personality and people hating me, good times, but really this board is for shit posting and making fun of nerd who think their taste in sounds somehow reflects on their personality as a whole, as if that's not a greater indication of who they really are, very sad pseudo-intellectuals with the convictions and confidence of fundamentalist christians

then Sup Forums hit the fan now i see all these posts about political leanings and trump, grimes and k-pop threads have become more abundant and annoying, it was never great here, but fuck at least back in the day the stupidity was more refined. The internet wasn't this accessible in the past, now my grandma has high speed internet, more people know about this board now, and well they say 90% of everything is shit, now it's more like 95%

My memory's generally pretty shit but
>2011, started browsing Sup Forums (mostly Sup Forums, I branched out from there eventually)
>2013, started browsing /mu (know this for certain because that's the date I came here and saw a penis on the frontpage and was bewildered enough to add it to my iTunes library, which recorded the date I had done so)
>2015, started seriously browsing this board

December 2012
It was nice when Sup Forums wasn't fucking everywhere

I think that I havent heard of a lot of the music on this board? I've just skimmed it but a lot of the postss seem to be about obscure music. I dunno if this is accurate though because like I said I've just skimmed so far

came here for leaks and stayed for memes

heheh.

0/10
pic related.

Late 2008. One of the first threads I participated in was a metal sharethread. Climaxia turned me onto a lot of really great tunes. Before that I was on /x/ and Sup Forums. Stopped browsing Sup Forums when the gurofag came onto the scene, came back after he left, so that was probably around 2014 or thereabouts.

I still listen to more or less the same stuff I listened to then, just went "deeper"

my brain is a case of mush

Paul?

I've been on Sup Forums since c. 2004-05.

JUST

2011. It's sad when you spent your high school years on this site.

Started going on a local imageboard in 2006, which transitioned into Sup Forums pretty quick. Sup Forums became an active board for me in 2010.

I was fucking 11 in 2006, this shit isn't good for you growing up.

Really started coming here in 2016, but I've been here since 2011.

idk, whenever jessi slaughters blew up as a meme

2009. first arrived among mpp hype, metal vs. indie threads everywhere, last vestiges of the Sup Forumsmor era where this place looked like 9gag with all the Dragonforce jokes and those endless threads of the weaboo and the hippie kid explaining music to their dad

as long as you arent a virgin you're doing alright

I was Lazare

Also 2011. People were already complaining that the board went to shit the previous year, so I probably missed Sup Forums's glory days. The two main differences I notice from when I first started posting here to now are 1. There are a fraction of tripfags here compared to back then, and 2. we can have metal threads that aren't filled with gore and genital warts pics.

been postin on Sup Forums since 2008
i used to love this site but now its just shit to look at when theres nothin else goin on
luckily most of the good ppl r on tumlr now

Also, threads back then seemed to have a signature "awkward" sense of humor to them that is totally lost on Sup Forums today. It wasn't nearly as disgusting or violent as say, Sup Forums or /r9k/, but we had a unique, self-deprecating thing going on that's been replaced with much more extreme content.

That's because "new Sup Forums" wants to be so different from Reddit and other places.

as well as the influx of Sup Forums edge lords, shit people complain about people getting on their back for being annoying teenagers who shill their shitty politics on a fucking music board

man
there would be times where id have tears in my eyes laughing at ppls posts on here
now its just black twitter memes and the ones ppl make up from here r awful

I like you

I honestly just show up for the share threads and charts now, which aren't that great, there is however entertainment value to be had in making fun of the vain

Thats the problem with the internet on a whole youtube especially the availability. Its not fun anymore sure their are things here and there but normies boomers blacks memes on the news baka. I need to just start worrying about myself I suppose

Oh ive been comming on here on and off since 09 I think. Started with b then branched off in 10 but I frequentled metacritic forums to till they closed it up

actually?
i remember you
do you have links to their blogs?

Why chart threads? They've been terrible for at least three years now.

I've been on Sup Forums since I was 12.
I'm turning 21 this year.

Fairly new to Sup Forums though.

m-mark?

since start of april this year

I've been on Sup Forums for 11 years.

People come and go, but this board stays the same.

A lot more posts are anonymous nowadays, but it still feels like it's the same people. There's a lot fewer events that happen, but most of what used to happen felt pretty forced anyway. Oh somebody is sad on facebook, let's make a general. Yeah, we had our moments. Bass TV. NMH Listen-along. But we mostly had a lot of attempts at moments and fame aspiring trips who wanted their name attached to said moments.

The boards also a lot happier nowadays. The presence of suicide used to be pretty fucking heavy back in the day. Not just in feels threads, but in people who would post about it until they wouldn't post at all. A lot of people with clear obvious problems as well. Problems we didn't help with, but problems we took their mind off. I'm sure some of you ass-lickers are still sad, but you're a lot more coy about it and I no longer hear the rattling of anti-psychotics as you post your whimsical thoughts.

We settled on the Sup Forums essentials 7 years ago and now we're not allowed to talk about other albums. Quite problematic in a community that likes to pretend they're above listening to critically acclaimed music. MPP is actually quite good if you listen to it.

It's always surprising when these threads show how much of our dwindling userbase was around back in the day. I suppose it shouldn't be as why else would somebody come here except to feel the nostalgia of a wasted youth.

It's funny how every sub-sect of Sup Forums nowadays is looked down on. What the fuck do people in RYM threads post about? What is waifuisim all about, are they serious? Meal is for children? Do people actually listen to the recommendations in chart threads? Why would anybody post here?

To answer the OP I've been here for about three weeks.

Late 2009. I don't hang out on this board nearly as much as I used to though.

Came in 2009, haven't posted on Sup Forums the whole time. 26 now

YOU MISSED THE STARTING GUN

Regardless of how much cool shit I do with my life, I always feel like I'm tying my laces and people are calling me to leave the house. I'll probably be here forever, filled with regret and loneliness trying to relate to a bunch of white teenagers

been on 4chins since 2010, started using Sup Forums 2015. Currently stuck in a verbally abusive relationship, extremely depressed, but have no were to go and im sure it's hard to get a job when im homeless and right out of my trade school so im stuck here until I land this job.

Has Sup Forums ruined this board too now? I haven't come here much since early 2015 or so. I miss when people were jokingly racist instead of vitriolically racist.

Ultimately I stopped coming here regularly because I grew out of it. I loved this board when I was 17 to 21 years old. After a while I sort of realized this board is mostly teens, which is fine, but I just didn't enjoy it like I did before.

Are you from new jersey?

>there would be times where id have tears in my eyes laughing at ppls posts on here

Me too man. I know it's just a bunch of people on the internet but 2010-2012 here were good times. Just laughing and connecting with people who had a similar sense of humor was great. All the in jokes, it really helped me out in my late teens. I never had good friends I really connected to until I was in college (maybe that's part of why I stopped needing this board so much). Before that, this board actually filled an important hole in my social life.

'10

London friend

Is that a picture of Hong Kong? Where u at?

Started on Sup Forums when I was 17 in late 2014. Gradually moved over to the other boards, came to Sup Forums around March '17 I think

When I came here I was already a music obsessive, and it blew my mind that there were all these people talking about noise and punk bands I loved but nobody I knew cared about.

Now this board seems to either hate or not know my favorites.

I'm pretty sure I'm literally addicted to the fast responses, because I can waste entire days on here. I've taken to getting myself banned each month so I don't waste too much time, but that still means each month, for one day I just basically waste all day on here. Then I post bestiality pics from Google images to get banned for another month.

I was in the Peace Corps and now I'm in grad school, so I have an okay resume, but I still haven't done shit with my life. Not really. I'm not as fit as I'd like to be, I never put together the bands I've daydreamed about since I was 11, and while I have had a few articles published, it's never been anywhere worthwhile. I'm unfulfilled. I think I'm heading in the right direction, but I worry I'm going too slowly to realize my dreams.

Yeah, 2011. Same here.

I remember coming here when Lazare was still around, and ponies were just starting to take off. It wasn't a bannable offense yet to post them, because /mlp/ didn't exist, so this autist would always post ponies and talk about synthpop or dreampop. I forget which.

Any good Sup Forums memories? My fondest had to be the Musical March Madness debacle of 2013. God what a time to be shit posting.

Since early summer 2008. No one /funk/ing posted music I liked then and no one does now and should have /scratch/ed the bookmark then but habits are hard to /breaks/

I've been in Sup Forums since 2006. I think the habbo raid that year is the first thing I remember. I was just a stupid teenager. I've been on here almost every day and I regret it. Don't remember when I started on Sup Forums. I miss Costanza and I hate all the politics and calling each other cucks. Honestly this place getting triggered by liberals is just getting annoying and tedious and I'm actually finally coming here less.

>I miss Costanza and I hate all the politics
>Honestly this place getting triggered by liberals is just getting annoying

supreme bait

Stay safe friend

On and off since 2015. I really enjoyed last summer on here but it's kind of gone to shit now. Used to laugh my ass off to a few threads a day, just doesn't happen anymore.

The post with the most replies at the moment is about fucking XXXtentacion. Sup Forums invading didn't do any good either, the non-serious racist comments used to be funny as shit, now people just take themselves too seriously.
All the people calling Sup Forumscore albums memes got old quick too.

I think around 2012/2013. I used to browse Sup Forums and /ck/ before I fell down this rabbit hole.

february of 2016, while im still apparently a newfag, i am intensely grateful to this board for introducing me to so many amazing artists

started lurking late 2014, started posting early-mid 2015 around the time TPAB and Jenny Death came out. I'm genuinely in a considerably better place now than I was then