How hot do steel beams have to be before they melt?

How hot do steel beams have to be before they melt?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FzF1KySHmUA
youtube.com/watch?v=8W3y3Qh8R1s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The answer is bush

does anybody ever take into consideration the fucking jumbo jet that slammed into them may have caused a little structural damage or is intentionally being as stupid as possible what the kids do here nowadays?

youtube.com/watch?v=FzF1KySHmUA

Not that hot.

That doesn't explain why there was molten steel pouring out of a building

9 11 INSIDE JOB!! BUSH THE JEWS AND THE ALIENS KNEW OF EVERYTHING

they were rated to withstand a direct hit from a 707. They were hit by 767s, which are slightly heavier but also slower than a 707.

A 747 Jumbo jet is much bigger than either of those.

that would make since if those damn jets slamed in-between the first 20 floors. No way one jet that hit the upper floors could take down a high-rise. also compare building 7 with that one building that caught fire in Europe recently. By B7 standard, that England building would have collapsed.

quit shouting jackass

Could of been molten aluminum, was that not considered

funny thing is, the towers were designed to take such a hit from a plane of that class. yet their foundations collapsed the same time the top of the towers collapsed...you dont have to be a rocket scientist to understand something is not right

compare the plane crash in the field which has virtually no debris with real plane crashes that has debris scattered everywhere.

The vibrations from the massive impact loosened the building foundations, and wala, sudden implosion.

Molten aluminum doesn't glow like that. Especially not in broad daylight

Fake News

Around 2500F before steel liquefies, however it varies depending on how much iron is in the steel.

And to answer the stupid fucking meme question, steel loses its structural integrity long before it reaches its melting point, so combine all the damage to the foundation caused by the jumbo jet slamming in to the building with the burning fuel destroying the integrity of the remaining supports, and then have the giant chunk of twisted steel and concrete that made the upper floors come crashing down when even a single floor collapsed and you have a chain reaction that would collapse the entire tower.

Bush may have done 9/11 but it was done with the fucking planes and nothing else.

But why is there molten steel pouring out of the building?

yeah, you'd think the huge mass of the lower 3/4 of the building would stop the falling top 1/4. The top section should have met some resistance on the way down and fallen off to the side, instead of the whole building just turning to powder in 5 seconds.

that is how buildings cry

I'm not using this as a meme and I don't think our government did 9/11. I just want to know why there was very clearly molten metal pouring out of a building.

>the towers were designed to take such a hit from a plane of that class
And they did take the hit successfully, both towers did. It was the subsequent fire that did the fatal damage.

the combined weight of all the floors above it squeezed the metal and melted it

>How hot do steel beams have to be before they melt?

How do you know that the melted metal in that photo (which is a 'shop btw) is steel?

goddamn man

before they lose their load bearing capability?
only about 150F depending on how much weight it is bearing

Are we still on this? Surrender the dream.

this. just because there is a shitty picture of what appears to be molten steel doesn't mean it is real

what else would it be? looks like burning metal, not wood or plastic

This world is way past all of that.

Pure aluminium in a laboratory doesn't...but this wasn't pure was it einstein? Might have been a few contaminants...

It's aluminium/aluminum

Aluminum retard

aluminium from the planes dumbass...

its shooped. probably buy one of youre dumb ass truther buddys

It was a demolition

Also if you are going to claim that this is proof of thermite or whatever, in order to bring the buildings down you would have had to see these waterfalls of molten steel all over the place. Also this is a shop.

>It's aluminum
>no it's aluminium
>no it's shooped
you guys need to get your story straight.

why? 2 planes have hit, another's hit the pentagon. Another has crashed for the nice hero story. Job's a good'un!! Only thing the demolition achieves is that thousands more people are needed to execute the plan and cover it up...and the risks of getting caught increase a billion fold. Easy plan = recruit hijackers via proxies and give them a helping hand to not get picked up. Half a dozen people needed and even the hijackers don't know they're recruited by CIA.

Dumb truther plan? Thousands involved in the most complex conspiracy you could ever imagine...risking the overthrow of western civilization if they're caught...and for what?

There were subsequent side way firing of jets coming out as each top floor was collapising. If you look at the real controlled demolition videos, you see the same effect. It was controlled demolition. You cant refute that fact as engineering experts mentioned it in their comments. The collapse was planned well in advance of the event.

we do...how many version of events to truthers have?

>Steel beam over an open fire
Vs.
>Steel beams that are literally spewing out molten metal

Not even close.

>and for what?
War is extremely profitable for a select few. The conspiracy shit is dumb, but so is that question. Let's not pretend the US government hasn't lied to the public in order to wage war before.

look i know this is a good video and all but the steel beams in the wtc would have been 100x thicker than that little rod, just saying

>How hot do steel beams have to be before they melt?
1488 degrees Celsius

Windows being blown out by the air being forced down through the building....if it was thermite there's no "bang". If it was conventional explosives there'd be det cord and probably unexploded charges everywhere. Plus the plane impact would have dislodged them or set them off anyway. Pick one..

i think you mean how hot do they have to be before they can bend really easily and break.

also wtc 11 also that tower that burned down in London last month, member that?

But that's an I beam from a building. Those concreate slabs are those giant dividers you see on highways.

dank memes cant melt these steel beams

a select few...not the thousands needed. Very specific thousands...not like robbing the corner shop where any two random idiots can be roped in. You need thousands of very specific psychopaths who are in the right jobs...very high level jobs. And you can't tip off the non psychopaths as otherwise you get caught and strapped to a gurney...keep thinking, you'll get there in the end.

heavier and slower = more damage retard

In 2047 we will know the truth, and everyone involved is long deceased. Blah. It's over. Move on.

Nope...look at video, collapse starts at the heat weakened beams and once all that mass is in motion, nothing's gonna stop it.

...wala...Wala...WALA!!!

> slower

funny, thats exactly how demolition works..

>slower projectiles do more damage
wow maybe if the plane had zero speed it would have done maximum damage

Good answer, thank you for spending more time with that idiot than I would have.

Nope...it isn't.

>the conspiracy shit is dumb
>goes on to explain why the conspiracy shit is dumb
You're not the brightest are you lad?

yup...it is.

>demolition exploits gravity
>everything that falls must be demolition
wew lad

Some people need shit explaining to them...what's your point?

Are you trolling or actually this retarded?

Ever had the center of your paper bag fall through? Looks like the outside of the bag is still there holding stuff up? Didn't happen in 5 seconds, watch the tapes again

how did wtc 11 collapse? wasn't hit by a plain. Fire?! that tower in London burnt all though the night and didn't collapse demolition style.

it's quite a bit slower, but also 20% heavier

dumb people need to have obvious shit explained to them? Are you retarded? Your criticism is that I explain to dumb people, why they're dumb?

>wala
you dumb american

Irrelevant to OP's question. Structural damage will not change the temperature steel melts. Steel did melt in the WTC. I am not saying what caused it, but that happened.

Wow, so really that retarded. F.

As a member of a demo crew from Pittsburg I can tell you that each tower that fell did not do so due to an airplane. And I might add that tower 7 was not touched by flame nor plane and still went and conveniently crumbled. This was all structure removal and could not have been done without planning around building schematics with regards to finding structural points to place demo charges. The integrity of a structure will never be compromised from the top but always from the bottom.

if any of you dumb fucks where to read the 9/11 commission report cover to cover you would know its all complete bullshit, you would know your all being lied too. but you think you know

It didn't....no melted steel. Aluminium.

Structural damage will change the stress point though. Stressed metal exposed to heat is more brittle

> cruise speed
> not speed at sea level

You do realize jet engines have small force multipliers, the turbojets/lowbypassturbofans on a 707 are only effective at cruise altitude at high speed

The 2 Turbo fans of a 767 are MUCH more effective at sea level than even the 4 turbojets of a 707.

1 767 engine makes as much thrust than all 4 707 low by pass turbofans or turbojets

this guy fucking knows.

wtc was a steel tower no aluminium.
try again.

You said a select few would profit....I said that's irrelevant. Obviously a select few can profit from anything. My point was that "for what?" had to apply to the thousands of people necessary for THIS conspiracy. Your pointing out of how a select few could profit was not an answer to the point I made....it's clear that you're the dumb motherfucker.

>As a member of a demo crew from Pittsburg
I'm assuming you weren't in new york that day. I'm also assuming you have never actually read the NIST report, nor have you done any actual scientific research on the matter. I'm also assuming you barely understand half the physics at play in this enormous disaster. For those reasons I will ignore everything you claim to "know", and laugh in your general direction. Feel free to prove me wrong.

Ya ever watch Game of Thrones after watching Iron First, and end up weirded out seeing Danny Rand sucking cock with a british sccent? He is tge Iron Cock.

Don't call other people "dumb fucks" when you don't know the difference between "your" and "you're".

well, the buildings withstood the impacts of the 767's. it was subsequent fire or pre-planned demolition that took them down.

>I really am this retarded!
I know boy. It's ok.

What are planes made of you dense motherfucker?

Paper

>What are planes made of...

Close, it lowers the tensile strength. A large number of external colums were sheared off when the planes hit, transferring loads to the remaining columns. The tensile limit of the remaining columns lowered as they heated and the steel softened, until they could no longer carry the loads they were under, and they failed in a cascade, with a few going first and adding loads to other members which rapidly failed.

metal

youtube.com/watch?v=8W3y3Qh8R1s

you guys wanna see some crazy shit??

Its good engineering and engineering designed them to fall straight down and that's what they did.

Conspiracy theorists are worse than niggers, spics and kikes.

Yup. To bad people failed to pay attention in high school chem and physics

Not for your psychiatrist, who's probably seriously overworked.

>does anybody ever take into consideration the fucking jumbo jet that slammed into them