What the fuck was his problem?

What the fuck was his problem?

Autistic rage at dudes fuggin his mom

bad writing

He was a bit of an idiot desu.

>THESE THINGS WHICH WILL HAPPEN WITH OR WITHOUT ME AND DONT CONCERN ME AT ALL ARE SO IMPORTANT I'M WILLING TO DIE FOR THEM

Go play some vidya, have a few beers, and SHUT. THE FUCK. UP.

t. millenials

he was stuck in a shit movie and the only way out was death

Holy shit you are EVERYTHING wrong with the world today.

please become an hero

He didn't want to live in an utopia created by a madman, he was sick and tired of blue cuck's apathetic view of life, he was a literal son of a whore and a permavirgin wizard.

Truly the best character in the film.

>he was sick and tired of blue cuck's apathetic view of life

But Manhattan wasn't apathetic at the end. That's why he bothered to intervene.

Imagine living in a world where an all-powerful blue cuck could teleport in every single USSR silos and military base and turn all their warheads to steam, before vanishing.

Now, imagine a madman and a schizo blocks his vision of the future so he can murder millions because he thinks it's the only way to stop nuclear war.

And now imagine these two turbo autists teaming up after they effictively destroyed millions of lives and force you to shut up about their crimes, or else they'll kill you.

I'd be pretty damn pissed too.

also madman was a faggot

i hate being a grammar nazi, but it's "a utopia" since utopia has a Y sound. you go by the sound of the word, not the letter used.

Yeah this really got to me too. Glad someone pointed it out. Same way you say I bough a unicorn not an unicorn. Or I have an hernia not a hernia.

Not always about the vowels.

a
e
i
o
u
and sometimes
y

doesn't matter in this case, grammar fag, also you don't hate to be a grammar nazi at all, if you did you would've moved on and ignored it but you enjoy pointing out irrelevant shit so you took the time to tell him about something that makes no difference on a west indies body surfing board

Heh, bruuh..

He couldn't be sure to teleport to every single warhead in time. Hence, Ozymandias has to find another way to save Earth. Way to miss the central plot point.

YOU missed the point. Manhattan could, if he had kept his humanity with his godlike powers, but he didn't care anymore. And once Ozy started fucking with tachyons to start up his plan, Doc's deterministic view of life basically had him say "well pals, can't see my future, nuclear war is inevitable, can't do shit about it sorry".

>utopia
u wot?

>because he thinks it's the only way to stop nuclear war.

What was your solution then, eh user?

This is true.

Like all psychotics he has an internal code.
Unlike most psychotics however he cant compromise for any reason, it would feel like a betrayal to himself.

His whole thing is that he can't comprise, he doesn't know how or willingly refuses.

manhattan could just kill nixon

It does matter. Would you ever say "an university?"

ITT: Characters that are literally you?

Good luck convincing Manhattan to do that. Next.

He did nothing wrong.

if he was okay with mass murder why not

yes

I would like to graduate from an hero university

>Ozymandias supposed to be the smartest man in the world
>doesn't understand the concept of MAD

Moore is a hack

You don't understand. It would probably work. Now try to convince Manhattan to do that. Try to convince Laurie, the only person who CAN convince Manhattan, to get him to kill the president.

What was your solution?

i meant it doesn't matter here, in the context of a pointless thread, you autistic mongoloid

>inb4 some retarded ass response

go check other threads for grammatical errors, you're work hear is dun

ozy/comedian could do it w/o him.

If Nixon ended up dead, the Americans would blame in on the Russians. Vice launches nukes. Boom.

you're right guess theyd have to take the vice prez too

>What was your solution?

Do nothing because there was zero chance of nuclear war happening.

Then Secretary of State hits the button. Eventually the whole cabinet is dead.

That's not the world Watchmen presented, but here is the fruit of the novel's discussion.

well if the whole cabinet is dead then no nukes launched so problem solved right?

But then what happens to the American people? Are you high right now? Do you think the U.S. is just going to take their entire White House staff being dead or missing? They'll all blame it on the Russians.

well then they can just kill whoever blames it on the russians

The entire American people would blame it on the Russians if their White House disappeared.

yeah well obviously if russians were magically able to kill the entire federal government, the logical thing to do would be to launch nukes at them

You're causing more damage than solving! You're mad!

This is the reason using Manhattan as a scapegoat for killing millions doesn't work and the comic used an alien.

An alien is a threat no one can be blamed for. America can TOTALLY be blamed for stuff regarding Dr Manhattan. It might not be fair or reasonable or legitimate but Russia hates the US and could easily use the incident to turn the world against America.

Neither way will work but at least the squid would work for a while.

I agree the alien works better, but the U.S. could still spin it "we had been loshing him for yearsh, Boris."

I like how this user thinks

he was a loser

You know how I know you're an underaged, millennial faggot? You have no honor, integrity, loyalty or empathy.

Ozymandias is the authoritarian left- Enforced "equality" for everyone, on my terms only. There's no such thing as morality until I change my mind, then censorship and thought policing are suddenly "necessary evils"
The Comedian is anarcho-fascism, vague adherence survival of the fittest "ideals", but really just taking what you can and running
Rorsarch is the libertarian right- the people deserve the truth, damn the consequences (and the women and gays), there's such as thing as morality and I can enforce it how I like.
Night Owl's the libertarian left, in that he's too much of a pussy to ever affect any change.
Silk Spectre is the authoritarian right- Former liberal who gained power and gave up interacting with plebians who 1. are beneath her, and 2. she knows what's best for.
And Dr Manhattan, as his name implies, is the post-World War 2 realization that all of these political differences are rendered moot by the existence of a weapon that can wipe out the world (are there morals/ ethics after the bomb, etc).

>(and the women and gays)

Heh.

Manhattan's genesis is the reason MAD fell apart in the watchmen universe. He gave the Americans a deterrent against a missile attack that the Soviets couldn't duplicate. Which meant the Americans were emboldened to be more aggressive, and the Soviets to react more harshly to perceived threats. Two decades of this arrangement is the backdrop for why everyone in the movie thinks nuclear war is so imminent.

Basically, Manhattan is a blatant allegory for the Star Wars program.

The entire reason the worlds turning to shit is because of attitudes like this being tolerated in the west nowadays.

People used to be prepared to die by their principals you know.

>People used to be prepared to die by their principals

So what were the things wrong with the film adaptation then?
Aside from no giant squid monster.

Nothing. Director's Cut was 10/10 capeshit.

Mainly the violence.

He agreed with the cover-up but knew in his heart he was too crazy to be left alive and would probably fuck everything up.

He also had a really fucking shitty life and wanted to die.

Movie shitters are retarded and think Rorschach is epic "black and white morality" man but the reality is that he is not. He's an insane hypocrite.

>be manhattan
>"im king now whoever disobeys dies"
>voila all problems solved

this film is comfortably in my top 5 worst films I have ever seen

Are you retarded?

A major theme regarding Manhattan as a character is his dehumanization. He gets to a point in the story where he does not give a single fuck if mankind annihilates itself.

Even at the end he just fucks off into space to go and do some other shit, he doesn't care about that shit.

Had the pleasure of meeting Limmy at a charity do. Incredibly down to earth and actually VERY funny!

>Character planned for his death, and inability to tell everyone what he had discovered so far, by dropping off his notebook before heading to Veidt
>Character clearly states their views and leaves with every intention of heading back and telling people
>Everything about Rorschach, even his fucking name and mask design, are indicative of his black and white morality
>thinking that black and white morality is "epic"

Are you trying to troll?

Have you even read Watchmen? When he's a child he idolizes Truman and agrees with the dropping of the nukes on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. He also says he still believes this as an adult.

This is a DIRECT comparison to the ending of Watchmen, sacrificing countless innocents for a supposed "greater good". That is the informations entire purpose for being in Watchmen.

Rorschach is literally insane, what he says is not indicative of what he believes. He likes to think he only sees morality as black or white but the reality is that isn't true.

You're probably one of those movie idiots who thinks Ozy did nothing wrong as well.

>That scene when old night owl gets killed by the top knots

Genuinely beautiful scene

>you can't do anything about it so you have to live with it

you sure are dense for not even being capable of understanding the reasoning behind this character.

>People used to be prepared to die by their principals you know.

You have a very romanticized view on the past. Most people just did what they had to do to survive. I bet you can't name 5 people who died for their principles.

was it a dickgirl?

t. Thomas Hobbes

I was reading that thread and have a headache.

I went away and sat back down and legit though I was hallucinating or something and my brain had scrambled the two threads up.

I think that's why it was so important for New York to be hit by "Manhattan". It showed that he targeted the U.S. as much as Russia.

I giggled

of course you did, redditor

But everybody knew the truth about the bombing and the reasoning behind it, nobody knew what happened in that room in the arctic. His only argument was that people deserved to know

He was a Ayn Rand fag