I need some help form any military or knowledgeable people about the MEPS process

I need some help form any military or knowledgeable people about the MEPS process.

I need to know if they'll find my private civilian records or anything like that.

>I've taken an anti-depressant (Duloxetine) in the past 6 mos. Have seen a therapist also.

>Taken ADD medicine from about 7th-10th grade.

Will they find the duloxetine in my system or can they see that i've been to a psychiatrist?
My recruiter through clever word play tried to tell me it'll be fine and that HIPAA protects me so that whatever I don't tell them, they don't know. I'm not so sure. Is it true?

the piss test is only checking for the major illegal drugs: thc, meth, cocaine that sort of thing.
the recruiter is right, whatever you dont tell them they wont know.

>past 6 months
They will easily find that shit.

Wait at LEAST like 2 years before you even consider trying to lie and sneak in.

Have any proof to back up what you say?

Tbh if ur on cymbalta then the military isn't right for you

If you dont say shit you will be fine.
-25 Lcpl 6114 3.5years

Do rangers ever jump out of your helis for fun?

Not that ive ever seen.

I was on reddit trying to find an answer to this question. I found one about a guy who took ADD medicine years before enlisting then 2 weeks into basic he got called into a lieutenants office at medical and they kicked him out? You sure I'll be good?

the penalty for getting caught is the exact same as the penalaty for lying and getting caught. Learn these words. Deny till you die.

You should have told your recruiter. He would have told you exactly what to do. You're a retard op. Don't join and fuck everything up. We don't need anymore weirdos like you.

If you're taking those drugs without a prescription, you're fucked. If you have been perscribed them, you're a stupid fucking retard for not telling them.

Yeah you will be ok just dont say shit and when they take you to the depot they are gonna guilt trip the fuck out of everyone so that the kids that did lie will finally crack so as long as you keep your mouth shut you will be fine. Even if you do get caught deny it and ask them to test you again. And the reason add was brought up to him most likely is because its a known abused substance abd with no record of add they default to drug abuse

I did tell my recruiter. I was prescribed them by my psychiatrist. After I told me recruiter he told me since i'm tapering off them and i'll be fine in a month to not tell meps about it.

Honestly this, OP. You might think it's a good idea now, but you will surely regret it when you are deployed and thinking about suicide all the time. I can speak from experience. Once when my unit returned from afghanistan, we had three suicides, and several attempts--myself included. If you're at risk for this, the military will just make it worse. The military is haven for mental illness.

Boom.

If you think your depression is bad now, wait until you get in the military. You may as well just give up now. I'm serious. It's easier to quit now when there isn't any paperwork involved. Your recruiter will tell you anything lol

Then you're fine you fucking retard. Don't make threads about this shit anymore. Jesus Christ I hope you're not going to be a grunt. You're gonna get everyone killed.

I mean this guy does this with multiple on a day to day basis do you think your the only one thats gone through like this if they had you tell the truth about everything we wouldnt have a single person join up cause no one would qualify so just do as he says and your good.

It's not for depression it's for moderate anxiety and I'm going National Guard. My psychiatrist is tapering me off of them so I'm fit to serve.

>whatever I don't tell them, they don't know
until the military becomes you primary care provider
gaining access to your medical records in compliance with HIPA
and find out that you have disqualifying conditions
then convict you of a felony, send you to Ft Levenworth for 10 years, and take back your bonus seizing all your bank accounts and garnishing your wages at 100% until it is repaid in full plus interest

Exactly, like I said. We don't need anymore of you OP. What branch are you joining anyway?

Army National Guard.

>national guard.
cute

So you're gonna be a nasty girl. Why are you joining? College?

This doesnt happen. Garnish wages yes but putting you away for 10 years is a myth they just boot you out thats all its to much of waste to fill up the brigg with dumb shit boots that lied about medical conditions to get in that place is reserved for big issues like murder extortion and other big crime issues in service.

That's even fucking worse. When your drill sergeants are all swarming around you and screaming at you, you'll crack and get kicked out as a failure to adapt. Why the fuck do you think you should be in the military with ANY kind of mental weakness? How many people have fucking lied to you?

That's fucking easy street anyway. Enjoy your paycheck.

His recruiter must be desperate.

Male. Joining to do something cool. That's it.

Wait your going national guard? Why are you even worried your gonna be trash anyway. Fuckin waste of time. Qhy not actually do something cool if youre gonna sign your life away. Your essentially going to hell to be a fucking file clerk that gets fucked in the ass for no reason constantly

Natguard basic doesnt work that way you get a safe space and stress cards and keep your cell phone he will be fine

My recruiter found my a 68w spot even though they're already at 150% capacity. I'm currently doing an EMT 100 program so I thought the Guard would be a cool way to practice emergency medicine during natural disasters or anything

You're either a never-served faggot or a piss-poor troll. All army goes to the same basic with the exception of certain MOS's. He's going to get eaten alive.

Fucking kek. You'll be fine OP.

any military fags in this thread, is there any branches that makes me go abroad just to take care of civies, like a rescue corps or some shit dont feel like taking lives just feel like helping out.

Nah bro if your gonna do that shit go be a fuckin corpsman. Docs get to do the coolest shit i was always jealous of them you get the badass shit from the marines but a cush spot being navy you get to have the fun with non of the punshment marines get

Holy shit man. I'm a 68W and you're making a huge mistake. You'll almost never handle patients outside of a clinic as a Guard member. Just do time on a civilian ambulance or ER. I have no reason to lie to you, but your recruiter and shrink have plenty of reasons do. Don't do this. Take it from a salty old medic who made these mistakes and got lied to already.

>don't feel like taking lives.
dude like 1% of all people in the military even see combat. talk to a recruiter. don't get your info from Sup Forums

Marines here 6114 3.5 years i think i have an idea

Of course they will, dumbass. And they don't give a fuck about your antidepressants. You're just as good mg fodder as anyone else. Cunt.

Nasty Girl means National Guard. I wasn't questioning your sex. lol But if that's your reasoning, I would advise against it. You wanna be 11B? I deployed with an NG unit, and all they do is be gate or tower guards. So it's not really cool. Active duty gets cool things.

Any 68 series job in the Army except for 68W

Go corpsman thank me later

OP here. 68W

He's army you dumb turd. Your marine info means nothing. Shouldn't you be eating a box of crayons and raping a passed out chick at a party?

Lol hes barely army dont give him that credit im all out of crayons for now

68W is a corpsman, no?

68W = Medic = Army
Corpsman = Navy

Yeah screw that I don't want to join the navy

Do not go in as an 11b. That's the dumbest mistake you can make.

t. 11b 04-2014.

Also, everyone acts like combat is some glorious romanticized experience, it's not. Most casualties are just walking along oor diving and hit an ied. no firefights or anything cool like that. Just blown thr fuck up out of nowhere.

Go k9, 31kilo.

Hey man, recently there has been a bunch of military fags answering these questions on youtube. they have financial incentive to make decent videos with good into. go there. they have answered all your questions.

>militaryfag here
You should have told them about the anti-depressants and have it documented in your medical record.
I say this because you get piss tested randomly and have to write down whether you are taking medications or not. This means if it's not in your med record that you are taking any known medications and the samples go to urinalysis, it will show what meds you are taking.
I'm not your secretary either, you can literally find all urinalysis instructions for each military branch on google OP. So look that shit up and do your research nigger.
As far as MEPS goes, your recruiter is right when it comes to the ADD medicine in the 7-10th grade. Just don't say anything and they won't know. When you go to basic they will more than likely do some kind of amnesty "moment of truth bullshit" where they basically ask you to tell on yourself and intimidate you into admitting to doing drugs and shit in the past. when that moment comes you STFU nigger, you understand me? Don't be like those other retards in the barracks that raise there hands because they are scared beta faggots. Just stfu and keep your head down and maintain a low profile / do what youre told when youre told to do it until you get out of basic. Got it? Good.
Now if you end up getting a rate or MOS that requires a Top Secret SCI clearance, they will do a series of interviews, and they.....will....know....everything! Not trying to scare you, but if you need a TS clearance they ask crazy ass questions and interview pretty much anyone who is a ssociated with you and will find everything. at that point it's best not to lie. besides the only major red flags for getting a ts clearance are major amounts of debt i.e 40,000 in student loans because they look at your debt to income ratio and whether or not you have constant contact with a foreign national.
trust me youll be fine

Read the posts here man. OP wants 68w

Well, just make the most out of your training then. Get 300's on your PT test and try for airborne school if you like. I wish you the best, just know that it's okay to take medications while in the military, just make sure you do it through the military.

Army dude here... ur civilian records dont mean shit going through meps... piss test usually tests for protiens and ur usual drugs but blood work will find it all but anti depressants usually in ur system for 72h.... also they will threaten u and try to scare u but lie all about that shit... at meps NO means new opportunities... ur happy and healthy and never had issues... u never cut u never hurt anyone in ur life.... also for the love of god dont jack off the night before meps and drink tons of water... and enjoy ur trip... and thank you for choosing to serve.

Thanks for the advice. I did tell my recruiter about the anti-depressants and like I said, he told me to stfu. I'll be tapered off before I start basic and it'll never be in me again. My mos will be 68w. I'm just concerned about the anti-depressants and therapist sessions if they'll be able to find that or is it really protected like my recruiter said.

Not that user, but it is protected under HIPAA I believe. So you should be golden. I myself had therapy and a ADD diagnosis when I was younger, but I shut the fuck up about it when I went through MEPS. I went in just fine.

They're going to find that on the drug test dummy.
They don't use a 10 or 12-panel UA test anymore, they send it to a laboratory. This is a lipid soliable medication so it's a little bit tricky to flush out of your system completely. Stop all your medications immediately and for the next 72 hours, start drinking lots of caffeinated beverages, eat as little as possible, and limit sleep, this slows down your metabolism and let's the duloxetine molecules bind to your fat cells.
But, you'll be fine if you do what I just said.
Also, after a few months to a year in, they will have process you for secret clearance (they give you temporary clearance when you finish boot depending on your MOS). This includes pulling all medical records associated with your name. You are not protected by HIPAA, you sign over your right to HIPAA when you enlist, dummy. But the military judges you solely on performance, so if you're doing your job well, and you're known as someone dependable, they'll glance over it and continue on with their day. But on the other hand, if anything is every suspected of you, or you every have a CO who just does not like you and wants to dig up shit on you, those records will be right there ready to be discovered. If they are, you'll be court marshaled and almost certainly dishonorably discharged.

Fuck. I did cut when I was 13 and have some moderately noticeable parallel scars on my upper left arm. What should I do

If it's something that isn't tested for, then they won't know if you don't say. If you don't own up to it, STICK TO THAT story ffs. and if you want any job with clearances they will find all records when doing background checks and sometimes a lie detector test so I've heard..

You don't know if that's your mos, it's not necessarily a choice.
It will be assigned to you after boot, but you can volunteer/apply for certain duties/further training. But it's not a guarantee you'll be selected, it depends on your performance in basic.

They won't find it. I was in the exact same position when I enlisted. They don't go searching through every recruit's medical records, that would be ridiculous. If you were applying for a security clearance then that would probably be a different story. Just don't say anything.

BTW I had a secret clearance too.

U got locked out of the house so u broke a window to get into ur house or someshit.... recruiter can give u a better excuse.... i went in with a noticeable boxers fracture and it was for fighting so i told them it was horse play.... keep it simple yes no answers and dont confess or u will be PDQed seen it happen when i went through meps.

Don't fucking join. We do not need weak minded people like you in the service. You will just be weeded out in basic anyway. It will be a huge waste of time for you and your recruiter.

You sure I'll be fine? I have tons of potentially disqualifying things on my medical record protected by the thin layer of HIPAA, but if you say all I have to do is STFU, then thanks for the advice.

See the second part of this guy's post

And I meant top secret security clearance.

What does HIPPA have to do with it? They aren't going to even look. You think they're going to contact your private doctor and try to ask for your medical records? And they do this for every new applicant? That would be insane. Just don't say anything.

Dude i had alot of shit wrong with me and i was fine.... including bad knees and i even cleared airborne physical its not that bad... hope ur not pee shy and wear clean boxers and dont be shy...

Well I want you to think about it, if you have disqualifying things, do you really believe you should enlist? What would disqualify you anyway? Just the anxiety? Cutting? Suicide attempt?

No suicide attempt ever. Some cutting scars on my uper left arm. I don't want to be disqualified for taking anxiety medicine that I'm tapering off, or seeing a therapist, or taking ADD medicine

You're wrong, so is everyone else except people who aren't being listened to.
They CAN pull/request all your medical records.
they WILL if you're not "squared away" (you'll know what this means soon)
Otherwise just lie and you're fine.
If anything ever comes up regarding questions about your mental star you're 100% fucked.

He is right OP... the VA cant even pull my records from fort hood lol trust me ur fine and just keep ur mouth shut.... Its all about how bad u want it.... seen a guy get sent home for an asthma from when he was a kid and another for exhima (sp)

My teacher found out about the cutting when I was a sophomore and might have reported it to the Sheriff's department, are they going to go digging that up?

I worked in an army medical center when I was in (medical mos). There are so many fucked up people who are in teh military who were like that before they enlisted, trust me. I'm not talking ahsit but the standards are a lot lower than people would have you believe.

No case number then u are In the clear lol dont over stress it...

Going to the Marines and took concerta during 7th grade 7 years ago, should I tell my recruiter about it or keep my mouth shut?

keep ur mouth shut u never been on meds

The fact that you've had such chronic psychological problems will probably lead to either you being found out or do something to endanger yourself and more importantly others.
You should reconsider. You should do anything in life where you have to hide who you truly are, and lie to get ahead, especially something this grave.

Yeah no case number. You 250% sure beyond a shadow of a doubt I won't get caught if I just STFU?

SHOULD NOT*

Your future self

Yeah, if you're bent on joining then make sure you stay quiet about it and stick to your story. They will try to guilt you into being honest and having integrity. Think of it as another game they play. But seriously, once you are in, don't be afraid to seek therapy or get medicine. Just don't say you knew you had these issues before or got treatment before the military. I say this because I don't want you to end up as another suicide statistic, or causing the death of another for your mental health, especially cuz you're gonna be a medic.

Make sure you have the correct info on your SGLI. Because the Military will make life hell for you. The moment someone higher ranking than you, specially if theyre younger, tells you to do something you dislike, you have no choice but to obey said lawful order. You will fucking hate it, you will think of ways to get out of that predicament and suicide will be one of them. You might not do it that day or anytime soon in the following days/weeks, but that thought process and feeling will continue to pile up. Until bam, you put a bullet through your head or jump overboard. Even worse if you drive through a bridge to go to work. Easiest way to commit suicide, just jump off at the highest point.

I haven't cut in years and I've been to the range with my father and grandfather at least once a month. They always point out the dumb-asses putting everyone in danger and that the range master is an ignoramus too. I know how to handle a weapon, my psychiatrist says my anxiety is under control enough to taper off completely.

This Op
Your mental state could get people killed if you somehow make it out of basic. Joining is such a mistake for people like you. I know you want to join the national guard but still. someone like you should go to college. or get a trade. seriously. get a degree first. if you still want to join after do it to pay for grad school. I suggest you sit on it for a couple years.

Like seriously, OP, it will be stressful and maybe even disappointing. You should definitely reconsider joining and seeking another job, especially cuz you wanna join just for cool stuff. Well, user, it's not fucking cool. You will eventually hate your job if you don't drink the kool-aid. There is so much bullshit in the military, I met many nasty girls who have hated their jobs. Like really, so many people hate their jobs. I, too, ignored the people who told me not to join and thought they were just messing with me, but then i enlsited and well... now I'm going through therapy and taking meds after several suicide attempts.

He really shouldn't be in the military at all, let alone directly responsible for saving lives of people who are wounded.

You think you have anxiety now? You already need therapy? You can't handle the job. Plain and simple.

What about when your best friend gets his leg torn off and his abdominal cavity ripped open by an IED, his intestines in your bare hands as you go to apply pressure to his wound, while he makes sounds and says things you will never be able to unhear?

Or putting your hand in the mess that used to be your brother's head and scooping it into a bag to send home to his mom?

How are you going to handle these things when you can't handle normal
Life?

You've had several suicide attempts?

Doing National Guard. Therapist says I'm fine to get off the meds. Already doing EMT 100

So I know the possibilities of seeing horrible things while on EMS

This isn't about handling a weapon, it's about acting decisively, rationally, and m effectively under the most intense pressure one can imagine. You can not handle it. This is not for you. You can't function in high school without medication, but you want to be a warrior in the finest army to ever exist? It has nothing to do with firing a gun, you're just not military material.

It doesn't matter. Your therapist has never been through what you will go through. And your recruiter doesn't give a fuck what happens to you after you graduate. Get a degree. Then think about it. There is no hurry and a degree will only benefit you in the long run in both the military and the civilian world. Get a degree that is applicable to the military if you really want to join then join as an officer. Don't do it do "cool stuff". Do it to instill discipline, get a head in life, learn how to be responsible, serve your country if you feel so inclined. Going in with no real goal is how people come out fucked up.

Yes. I've been hospitalized 3 times in the past year. Been out of the army for over a year now. It's really fucking rough man. You can call me a pussy or say I couldn't handle it, but I did more than most of other POGs in the Army ever will. I'm sure as hell glad I'm done with the military, though. And I'm really glad the VA is taking care of me. Other people look at all my benefits and think I deserve it or earned it, but it's fucking shit dealing with the problems it causes.

And once again, if you wanna just join for cool stuff, try looking elsewhere.

I'll think about it. Fuck man I really wanted to do this to experience it in my life I can function without the medications now, I've gotten stronger. I don't want to be a pansie civilian the rest of my life.

Go to /meg/ on the /k/ board.

This is different. This isnt seeing horrible things. This is having unimaginably horrific shit happen to your best friend, your brother, and your only job was to protect them, to make sure it did not happen.
I would not want you to be the one looking out for me like that. You should be unselfish enough to accept that and enroll in college and get a regular job.

College isn't really for me man that's why I'm doing the emt program I want to have an adventure somehow