What are Sup Forums's thoughts on Julien Baker?

What are Sup Forums's thoughts on Julien Baker?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Tkot9YL3YyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=zbvC--c71Xo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pengs sounds, peng lyrics, looking forward to her next release, i'm guessing winter this year

super comfy first album, great guitar sound tho i feel the vocals are sometimes a bit lacking on the album (pretty much all the songs from the audiotree session are imo way better than the album versions)

youtube.com/watch?v=Tkot9YL3YyQ

emo vocals with almost no accompaniment other than an acoustic or clean electric guitar a la stuff from the mid-2000's like The Early November or Bayside EXCEPT she's a small lesbian girl with thick eyebrows and a wide mouth who's really good at making her voice break for dramatic effect

9/10 the perfection of a very specific and kinda corny music genre

Homophile degenerate
I had the chance to hear her for 5 dollars but I declined because I don't want to support degenerate artists leading their audience astray.

Pure imaginary gf material.

(cont.)
besides, her vocals are just blah female breathy vocals with tons of reverb to cover for her boring voice. Guitar and production are both sparse to cover for the fact that she knows 3 chords and couldn't arrange her way out of a paper bag.

nice political fashion statement you've got there

;_; but she is gay user

all women are bisexual, she just does it to be edgy

how do you cover something up with sparse production

that's like covering up on a cold night with a lack of blankets

No, it's like not having blankets on a cold night and saying, "It's not even cold, I don't need blankets" *shivers*

She looks like Alex G.

All people are bisexual.

>she's lesbian

Fuck, why do all the ugly pretty ones end up being lesbian.

>pretty

If only she weren't a lezzy you'd definitely be banging her.

Actually listening to that album at the moment. I like the sparse arrangements and use of effects on guitar, and she sings well imo. A good album.

Also definitely waifu material, music aside

Also, it's really the lyrics and delivery thereof that convey some powerful emotion

she's really good, but I'll be more interested when she grows out of her god belief

I don't understand why Sup Forums is hyping her up so much. It's just generic whiny indie girl music.

Pretty good with some immature/cringy lyrics (which is to be expected, she was like 18 or 19 when she wrote that first album). Looking forward to her new stuff.

because generic whiny indie music is the best genre

i;m in love with her

post a single example of an artist's song that sounds just like one of hers

shouldn't be hard

good voice + eccentric flat chested doe eyed blonde for summer good looks + divorced abusive parents + 1 weird painful hs relationshit + a marketing team to sell the 21 y/o "wise old cat" to the teenagers being actively abused = this uninspiring unmusical woman who needs to remember her telecaster and loop pedal to spin arpeggiated triads on loop isnt self expression: its a distraction.

Just good. Needs to release more music for further opinion.

youtube.com/watch?v=zbvC--c71Xo

literally any female-fronted post-rock band. if you're just talking acoustic indie with self-pitying vocals there are tons, Tiny Vipers for example.

New album fucking when? Love her voice. Her eyebrows are prime material for cumming on too.

I don't really agree with you at all but thats a really nice song thanks for posting it