I dont understand this movie

I dont understand this movie.
what is he autistic is that the movie?
everything is whispered and there's no clarity plot-wise.
It's so strange to watch
can someone help me digest this?

show me a movie where he's not whispering.

nevertheless it was a really good movie.

Are you retarded mate? Best movie ever made. Think deeper. This isn't the usual same plot different faces Hollywood shit.

This movie is amazing you fucking faggot
He's a low toned man that's amazing behind the car wheel, obviously he joined a world he was not too fond of and realizes this and keeps his mouth shut with all the under lying pressure.
He keeps cool, doesn't draw too much attention, and just goes by in life like the respectable adult he has to be.
The driving scenes are real, the music is dope, the moods are set within the first seconds of the start of a new scene it's an amazingly put together movie a lot of thought put into it.
Not some "Baby driver" shit, unrealistic drive scenes, main stream music unlike drive that has its own unique music. Drive characters feel extremely realistic, overall a really good movie.

Thus movie put me in a movie limbo, I saw baby driver and it let me down. I'm waiting for a movie that combines drive and the movie the heist. It would be amazing.

watch the one rescored by radio 1 in the uk

>DAE ABSTRACT
I was going into this movie expecting a good movie
I dont want to be existentially challenged I just want entertainment is there a time where I dont have to be a fucking freeform jazz critic when it come to enjoying something

>The driving scenes are real
the movie is badass and shit sure but in terms of entertainment it feels kinda retarded every event just comes out of nowhere and the dialogue is stupid
>"do you understand?"
so the dude is an aspie alright but what am I supposed to get off on? all the superficial shit I wouldnt know about without looking on IMDB?

I don't think there's anything "deep" to this movie. It's something that can and occasionally does happen out in the world...and that while most don't experience this, it's still interesting because it's possible and simply human.

And he does whisper. Always. Except that one time in Only God Forgives.

maybe it's just not your style dude.

>everything is whispered and there's no clarity plot-wise.

what do you mean by this

>And he does whisper. Always. Except that one time in Only God Forgives.

Look up "The Nice Guys"

I understand style and aesthetic occasionally in film but sometimes its just hard to watch
the beating up parts are awesome, the scenes and colors are cool, the music is pretty brilliant
I love the car chases but where is the movie? there's aesthetic and then there's story and substance
and I'm either having trouble grasping that or it sucks.

This movie is really shit. Only Sup Forums likes that shit like it likes Fargo.

>he was probably a lone kid, one parent missing or always on the move, that made him be a little bit more quiet
>found an interest in cars/was good with them
>stuck with it
>never had real motivation for anything besides stunts for flicks
>moonlights as a getaway driver for some emotion
>finds someone he feels he connected emotionally too (irene)
>irene is also the quiet type, to go where life takes her (hence the kid at such a young age)
>irene and her family in deep shit
>driver sees this as his judgement day to try to make someone's life better instead of just apathetically different - the movies he stunts in aren't probably great, and the guys he helped escape probably get caught sooner or later

It's a shit film, one of the worse films I have ever seen. It isn't this deep abstract piece of art, it's just shit

kek I know that feel. but Drive is a classic. so good

mc doesnt have a soul
femenine presence appears
develops a soul
makes a sacrifice for the woman and the kid's sake
it was a trap, for some mobsters to rob other mobsters through proxies
the plan is to kill all the pawns ussed in the robbery
mc kills the boss that chases after him
gives the money and the life away in a final sacrifice
goes to driving heaven

the story makes perfect sense but it is kind of all over the place and sudden. a lot of the driver's characterization is subtle and mostly displayed through his actions. he doesn't come off like a dangerous criminal but you see what he's capable of and it's clear this isn't the first time he's been down a similar road. you can see his reluctance before he gets wrapped up with carey mulligan, he doesn't want his humanity creeping in for whatever reason. but once he's wrapped up he's in waist deep.

the bang-boom-crash type scenes like the robbery shooting, chase, interrogation, motel make it difficult to focus on the plot. basically ron perlman and the jew organized a big time heist that everyone else got unknowingly involved in. the "robbery" at the shop (which wasnt a robbery but a cover to pick up the already stolen cash) goes south and driver learns fast from blanche that he's in the shit by extension so are the girl and the kid. the robbery gone wrong leads to the bosses ordering the deaths of everyone involved. the driver takes care of what he needs to take care of (while tryng to take his version of the moral high road)