Is Grimes good, Sup Forums?

Is Grimes good, Sup Forums?

What do you think?

Absolutely. "Grimes is bad" is just a meme devoid of substance. An empty shell of a meme.

No

yeah she's solid. like 6 or 7 out of ten

she a good girl with pure royal slavic blood that can be traced back go peter the great

haha nigga what

Is gRiMeS gOoD Sup Forums?

Its true look it up her ancestors are from russia but had to change their name to boucher because of the plebian uprising communists revolutions to escape prosecution

pain

I hope she sleep well

kid's music, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

"Grimes is good" is just a meme devoid of substance. An empty shell of a meme.

She used to be. Long ago...

FYI she's part native American.

Lol

no

This, I remember when Art Angels came out two years ago and majority of this board thought it was a really good pop album and then /grimes/ general happened...

How do i get in to grimes?
Start from the beginning?

I remember hearing Scream on youtube and liking it, and then fantano completely trashing her

I think what resonated with me about that is how foggy and mentally ill it sounded, like kill v. maim has a very dysphoric feel to it

>fantano completely trashing her
>7/10

New fag

Wrong.
He gave Art Angels a 7. Not too bad.

She is the best (artist of this decade)

Try to use this flowchart.

>flowchart for an artist with five releases
peak degeneracy

objectively wrong

that's still a lot of music to pick from

just your subjective mediocre rating. that's not a solid rating.

>Wrong.
Wrong.

Grimes is still great. She never did a bad album so far and her next album will have an even bigger impact. Screencap this.

>she never did a bad album so far
See
>Geidi Primes
>Darkbloom
>Visions
>Art Angels

>See
>Geidi Primes
>Darkbloom
>Visions
>Art Angels
All of these are masterpieces. You just don't like them. Maybe you're a pleb? Who knows.

>all of these are masterpieces
kek

>You just don't like them
Wow, you're a smart one. Hope that you know that you "just like them"

>Maybe you're a pleb
I love how you think that anyone can be a pleb because they don't like shitty pop

>Who knows
Nobody but me, which is why you shouldn't state bullshit

Shit and ugly. Its a fact user

the short answer is no

the long answer is that she lacks musical talent and uses instruments as accessorys so she can look cool.

Give grimes your blood

this is the most uninformed opinion i've ever seen.

this. grimes = image///////////////////////////////////music

This shit faggot ugly girl only love faggots user. Shame on him

DELID DIS
>pop
That's not for true patricians.

grimes is bad

I was like you till invested in non lowfi sound system. You can tell whatever but bad.

the only thing grimes is good at, is making me want to fap

Conclusion: you're a pleb. A big one. Deal with it.
Really? Her music is very well made and melodic. She has more talent in her middle finger than the whole Sup Forums put together.

Wait a second: didn't you autists call her ugly? Make up your mind: what is her selling point, her music or her looks?

APOLOGIZE TO GRIMES!

my only friend

Lol I made it. Part of the reason was to subtly make fun of people who think they need "flowcharts" to listen to music.

long answer: decide for yourself cuck
short: no

>Conclusion: you're a pleb
Please see the third point of and make sure you read it this time.

brb gonna go fap

Your point has a major flaw: her music is not shitty pop. Sorry, but your whole contruction fell like a house of cards.

>her music is not shitty pop
Well, it's pop and it's shitty, so I think it falls under that definition. Even if it wasn't shitty (that point is subjective), then it still wouldn't be patrician (and therefore you can't be a pleb for disliking it) because it's pop

grimes

Sufficient for pop, but either doesn't have curves or won't show em. Yep, that matters. You could've done rock and remained modest, Claire. As it is, it's skin time.

she is certainly a good girl

>what is her selling point, her music or her looks?
her looks obviously. not because she's attractive. because she dresses like a hipster adolescent and she has a recognizable visual aesthetic that appeals to adolescents.

>implying it can't be patrician because it's pop
Are these artists plebs or not: Kate Bush, Laurie Anderson, Roxy Music, David Bowie, Prince, Peter Gabriel, Bjork, Elizabeth Fraser?

>her looks obviously
Wait a fucking minute: then why Sup Forums shout like autists that she's ugly literally every single day? If she's ugly then what's left is her music as the selling point.

>inb4 being ugly is a selling point

learn how to read before you respond to me you invertebrate

hope you're memeing and not actually this retarded. we White Canadians are a mixed breed

>not because she's attractive. because she dresses like a hipster adolescent and she has a recognizable visual aesthetic that appeals to adolescents
Do you realize that you contradicted yourself? If she wouldn't be attractive then her clothes and visual aesthetic would mean shit. And btw, she has many adult fans. She's almost 30, ffs.

pop is not a black and white descriptor. it comes in varying degrees. most of the artists that you just listed make way more fringe pop than the bubblegum radio bullshit that is art angels

Some of her music is ok, but in terms of attractiveness in a classical sense of the word she is one of the least appealing humans I've ever seen, and after all that's the only reason any of these fat fucks talk about her.

>being this retard
Did you seriously imply that:
1. her only selling point is her looks, but she's not attractive
2. her only asset is the way "she dresses like a hipster adolescent and she has a recognizable visual aesthetic that appeals to adolescents"
???

Are you nuts? Such a mental gymnastics in order to dismiss her completely. You basically implied that her music sucks and she's not attractive. Why people would care about such a bad artist? Just because of nice clothes and visual aesthetic? Lmfao!

I love her just the way she is

>waifufag detected
So, she's not attractive (to you). Like that even matters to a musician, not the actual music. Then her music is actually great if people listen to her music and discuss her so much. Checkmate!

>t. fat autistic neckbeard

you love anything that's as less appealing as yourself, she's probably one of the only females out there who's just as greasy and unhygenic as you neckbeards

>Do you realize that you contradicted yourself
i did no such thing
>If she wouldn't be attractive then her clothes and visual aesthetic would mean shit
this isn't true and you know it. see pic related or any other popular artist who wears gimmicky costumes.
>does dead mouse have a popular, memorable image?
yes
>is it because he's attractive?
obviously not considering you can't even see his face

stop making shit up to defend your fugly waifu

Ok

>You basically implied that her music sucks and she's not attractive
yes. because that's exactly what i meant to imply.
>Why people would care about such a bad artist?
idk user why don't you explain your shit taste to me?

>Kate Bush
made ambient pop, so she's a bit more patrician then Grimes but still isn't
>Laurie Anderson
Made art pop but also made ambient, spoken word, and minimal synth, so patrician.
>Roxy Music
Glam rock, still not patrician (even though I like them)
>David Bowie
Outside of his art rock albums, not patrician
>Peter Gabriel
See above
>Bjork
Not patrician, as much as I love her
>Elizabeth Fraser
Nope, still pleb. Just because it's dreamy doesn't make it patrician

I like her music and her style and her look. The longer trolls stick around Grimesthreads, they will, too.

What is your current favorite track by Grimes?
What do you want to see in her next album? Something utterly new? Visions 2.0?
Personally I'd be happy with something Visions-like.

Metis?

It's clear that she always wanted to do more mainstream stuff like Art Angles from the get go.

I mean she did go to art school and probably liked making gedi primes and halfaxa as an art piece but musically is vibes more with poppy stuff

That's at least what I get from her

In this case you really suck. I'm done with you, plebster.

To be fair, Halfaxa and Geidi Primes are still VERY poppy

Wait a minute: what is your objective criteria for judging an artist if they're patricians or not?

>you really suck
>being this buttmad over someone disagreeing with you

>What is your current favorite track by Grimes?
Heartbeats
>What do you want to see in her next album? Something utterly new? Visions 2.0?
Something new even if I'd love Visions 2.0. I want to be surprised.

>implying retarded opinions = arguments

Can you not read or are you just putting on an act? I like most of those artists, I even emphasized that for Roxy Music and Bjork. Grimes is simply not patrician.

I never even mentioned the words "opinion" or "argument" in my post, but I'll bite your bait. What's retarded about his opinion? You really do seem angry that he disagrees with you, and calling him a pleb for not liking pop music is just sad.

I'm not even mad. I just s m h at this pleb that believes that her music sucks and she's not attractive and yet she's really beloved by many people. His opinions are absurd.

>I'm not even mad
I would have to get pretty mad to needlessly call someone's opinions "retarded" for no reason, by OK
>at this pleb
see the last 13 words of >that believes that her music sucks
That's his opinion m8, I happen to agree but I'm not calling you retarded for it
>And she's not attractive
she really isn'y
>yet she's really beloved by so many people
Irrelevant
>His opinions are absurd
What's absurd about them?