McGregor is gonna kick Mayweather's ass

McGregor is gonna kick Mayweather's ass.

who?

Bad bait

Maybe in a fight, but this is a boxing match.

Mayweather will run and score points until the match is over and "win" the bout, but he won't win a fight.

/thread

This guy gets boxing.

This 100%

true, but on the upside.. Sup Forums is gonna go apeshit with "muh fixed fight fucking sjw shill cucks it's all orchestrated by Soros omg it's (((them)))" and so on.

that'll be fun too.

I've trained MMA for eight years.

Here is what's going to happen.

Connor gasses out after three or four rounds max typically.

Connor knows his only chance of winning is to come out and get the knockout on Mayweather, and he knows the chances of getting knocked out by Mayweather are extremely small.

Mayweather hasn't knocked anyone out in many years. He is a point boxer, and he's happy being nothing but a point boxer.

Connor comes out and swings for the fences for three or four rounds, Mayweather runs early to avoid "the danger zone". (He would run the entire fight anyways against anyone, it's what he does.)

Mayweather then spends the next few rounds getting free points on an exhausted Connor.

The boxing game is much different from the fight game.

Have you ever heard the saying, "If you go for the knockout, you won't win a decision, and if you go for a decision, you won't get a knockout."?

That's from boxing, and it is almost always true, and it couldn't be more true in this scenario.

Connor will go for the knockout, which is an extremely slim chance since A) Mayweather is a better boxer. B) Mayweather will keep away from him and not engage.

Connor will then be out of gas for the rest of the very long rounds ahead of him and get pointed into oblivion.

honest question, is it possible for conor to run up on maywheather and use only punching to knock him out by not letting him escape and just stealing off on him long enough to knock him out or the ref to stop the fight?

It all depends OP.

If Gregor can get in and beat may weather within the first 2-3 rounds, he's won. After that Mayweather will have figured out Gregory fighting style and dance around him like a ballerina, beating his ass with elegance and grace.

It literally all comes down to those first few rounds and that's it.

There is no grappling. It's a boxing match.

Mayweather only has to "get on his bicycle", as we say and get away from Connor.

You can't really "stop someone from escaping", in a boxing match if they are good at running during a fight, which Mayweather has mastered.

user is onto something

Also, and not that it's particularly relevant, but in an actual fight Connor wins all day every day.

Connor shoots the double, gets the takedown, and submits, chokes out, or ground-and-pounds Mayweather out in the very first round with extreme ease.

I love boxing. Ironically I didn't enjoy watching boxing until I started training MMA, and then I truly appreciated it for the art that it is.

However, boxers aren't fighters and MMA has blown such a huge hole in that misconception that boxing probably will never recover.

Boxing is right up there these days with "point Karate" matches.

I can appreciate the skill, but I can also appreciate the skill of a good chess game....neither makes you a fighter.

I am suprised to find casuals talk about this here

MCDonalf?

Conner has a chance if he can clinch Mayweather. Conner is much bigger if he can keep Mayweather off balance Conner can score short hard punches . Check out Roberto Duran if Conner can fight on the inside like duran he has a real chance

>Gregor is younger
>Gregor is taller
>Gregor is heavier
>Gregor has longer reach
>Gregor can watch may weather fights and learn his style and his weaknesses
>Gregor can take a punch, especially to give one
>Gregor can study the Manny fight and see how he lost and learn from it
You really think Mayweather has a chance?

Conner has 0 foot work , Mayweather will run circles around Conner.

Conner is not a swarmer, he wouldn't know how. Mayweather master the outboxing to the point where he's barely in the ring, and outboxers almost always hold sway over sluggers.

you forgot something

>Gregor is not a boxer

.. so, there we have it.

You forgot something.

>he isn't a boxer and he's arrogant.

Mayweather Wont know how to read him. mayweather can read pro boxers because they all react a certain way. Gregor will break this, he has no clue how to box, only how to fight, and it will throw Mayweather off his game.

Some of the best fighters in the world couldn't do that. How the fuck would Conner be able to?

mayweather is gonna punch him a few times and run away to victory

The only way Mayweather would accept this fight is if he was guaranteed a win. Connor will get paid a shitload of money to participate and lose. There won't be any knockouts, it'll be points decision and Mayweather will ensure he wins that. It's like taking a dive without the theatrics

you might as well say that a pro soccerplayer would stand a good chance against Mayweather, because "dunno how to read him durr", it's folly.

Mayweather runs and dances, Gregor gets winded, Mayweather scores the points he needs and that's that.

sorry, but that's how it's gonna play.

see
/thread

>muh fixed fight
gtfo Sup Forums

Well, Mayweathe hasn't fought a fighter, much less one of the best fighters, he's only fought boxers...but your point is valid since this is a boxing rules competition and not a fight.

anyone who really cares about those two manlet millionaires fighting is a nu male

i hope so

>nu male
anyone saying "nu" anything should get his ass out of the 00's and into current year.

wow, what's /metal/ doing here?

Floyd really does run sometimes but after watching alot of footage on him he really stands right in front of dudes and just has out of this world head and body movement. I think if conor slips up amd invites some big punches when hes gassed mayweather could rock him. Id see floyd putting all hes got left into this fight. I wouldnt count out any boxer for a knockout. Thats all they do is punch. Nate vs Conor 1 and 2 there were times Conor got rocked and became a punching bag for Nate... Nate. Floyd would easily pick that apart if given the chance. Hes a 12 round guy. But yeah Floyd could very well just survive 3-4 rounds and just embarass conor on the scoreboard. Fuck conor though. Im an MMA fan through and through but him and danas romance is fuckn gay