Daily reminder that Brutalism is the patrician form of architecture and only normies get triggered by it

Daily reminder that Brutalism is the patrician form of architecture and only normies get triggered by it.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrician
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norilsk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What's patrician mean? No one said that even a year ago.

Feedback
Patrician - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrician
Patrician may refer to: Patrician (ancient Rome), the original aristocratic families of Ancient Rome, and a synonym for "aristocratic" in modern English usage. Patrician (post-Roman Europe), the governing elites of cities in parts of medieval and Early Modern Europe.

brutalism is almost invented exclusively by a french homo modernist degenerate Le corbusier, he intended for his architecture to "go beyond tradition" and "aspire for universal form"

later brutalism become the meme architecture style of the soviets

brutalism is a fucking cancer

Yeah but what's the new meaning. Like how cuck evolved to mean basically the same thing as faggot.

Brutalism is literally fedora: the architectural style

It's like saying something is 'the best', or elite or whatever. I only used it for meme purposes though d/w :^)

It's a term autistics use to feel superior to others, epsecially if their point of view is unpopular.

It's literally the antithesis of normie politically correct architecture. The opposite of covering everything in meaningless glass and tacky shiny facades whilst still being cheap soulless construction.

Brutalism isn't trying to pull the wool over your eyes, you should be grateful for that.

Nice thread OP

: ^ )

Gross

Take your soulless communist architecture somewhere else

>Politically correct architecture
Fucking kek

Oh yeah? I got something Brutal for you OP
*Unzips dick*

Completely incorrect. Stick to social science and leave the architecture commentary/work to people actually educated in the field.

I am triggered by brutalism, i guess im a normie

its shit

Not enough shiny colour? :-)

It needs to be cyb-ified and reinvented as neo-brutalism: now with cyb.

Otherwise it's all good.

There's no widows. How do you check out cuties walking by down below?

Brutalism is for high test men like myself. Brutalism is the thick women of architecture

Pretty obvious it means "elite" in a classical sense. Though the term is best defined by its use. If you've seen it for a year, you should understand.

I prefer architecture that inspires me rather than give me feelings of depression

That one is a court building tho, it's not intended for such activities.

Recently in my city, normies in the city council have been complaining because of a car park in the city center (similar to pic related). Calling it ugly, an eyesore etc. They want to replace it with coffee shops...

Brutalism is the "I'll say it looks good because maybe people will think I'm smart" form of architecture.

It's like pointing to a piece of turd and saying "that is an exceptional piece of artwork, and if you don't understand why, then you are a pleb."

Brutalism is good for a few particular buildings. It's complete trash for habitation.

I think it suits best "government" buildings like courts, city halls, police stations or even prisons and penitentiaries. These places are supposed to give you awe and being cold. No need to go full Jew communist fedora and build brutalist kindergartens.

It's beautiful

They just need to slap a logo like that on it and give it a name like Justice Fortress or something and it's perfect.

No, it is designed to inspire fear, awe, and an overwhelming sense of authority, so it cannot be overused. Ideal for a Fourth Reich.

>unironically praising commieblocks
Brutalism is degenerate and the philosophy behind it is marxist.

There is more to architecture than utility and efficiency (and Brutalism is lacking even in these areas). Beauty matters.

you wouldn't live here?

I think I'd kill myself if I had to live in that autistic minecraft house

..... So what is the attraction of brutalism?
How are the goyim to understand why (Jewish) Brutalism has occurred?

Think about it this way:

Imagine you see a Jenga tower just barely standing upright. It is very close to falling. It is wobbly and fragile.
Isn't it great fun to run up and kick it when it is like this?

Or what about a beautiful snowman? It takes hours to build a beautiful snowman, and you'll remember as a kid that it was even more fun to drop-kick it, and destroy it.

This is how modern architects feel when they design their modern buildings. Old European styles are almost all beautiful. Our cities, our towns, were almost universally beautiful places to look at. The modern age architect feels that rush of excitement, like when we kick over a snowman, as he builds his ghastly building in the middle of a European city, ruining it for as long as the building stands. It is an act of destruction, in this case, of European beauty.

It might be fun for the degenerate architect, but the price is that our habitats are ruined.

Why are you getting so emotionally worked up over architecture?

Where is that? Looks like a low density paris, except for the mountain. Spain?

architecture is very important

because he doesn't have autism

>inevitable muh function over form comment
Some people just want the world to be ugly.

No.

It's wasting a ton of space and building materials. It's idiotic on all levels.

I may be wrong, but it looks like somewhere in northern russia. The simple and repetitive apartment buildings are very Soviet.

Where there is meaningless destruction, there are jews.

Brutalism hits a nerve user, the truth often hurts. Just like I said earlier, politically incorrect architecture.

fuck off with your commie block fetish, kike

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norilsk

The stuff without too many windows (the "bunker") looks decent.
The rest is commie block tier.

Yugoslavian brutalism is the best brutalism

It's not form OR function, I don't understand.
It looks practical, but it isn't. IS that the draw? To make commieblocks but complicated?

pic related

>politically incorrect architecture.

What

is that in croatia?

It looks so much more fascinating than the egotistical statues we put up all over the place. What is that monument?

Are you leaving clues for the janitors as to why they should delete this off topic shit thread? How pathetic!

Nvm, it's in the filename
> spomenik

impressive

some Brutalism in my beautiful hometown

looks retarded and ruins the scenic view

Wrong, faggot. The faggot LeCorvusier was a pioneer in concrete aesthetic, but not brutalism. You're confusing modernism with brutalism, they are not the same thing.

>only normies get triggered by it.
Certified autist here who finds Brutalism foul

Care to share your preferred aesthetic, Autist?

It's funny because you couldn't be more wrong. Brutalist architecture is fundamentally fundamentally intentioned to project authority and suppress individuality, thus the top heavy silhouettes, lack of human-scale detail, etc. Please educate yourself.

>Architecture gives me feelings of depression
You're a very fragile little soul, aren't you?

Oh fuck yes.

Thanks, they are WW2 monuments unfortunately I do not know the meaning behind each

>ITT newfags that haven't lurked praising the reddit meme architecture if "muh futuristic science fiction"

It's just a concrete box with stilts

if you like that you are retarded

Its from Sup Forums, Sup Forums is the ultimate board were everyone lurks.

>I'm not emotionally receptive to my surroundings
a u t i s m

Brutalist buildings are the architectural embodiment of Kafka's novels.

This means it's edgy.

>ITT newfags that haven't lurked praising the reddit meme architecture of "muh futuristic science fiction"

Looks like ex-Soviet garbage

Fucking hell, what a bunch of ugly buildings.

Traditionalism looks so much nicer, especially in European cities.

I go there for work often. It's absolutely savage inside.

>Brutalism is the patrician form of architecture

Brutalism is literally a jewish invention.

Right alongside "modern art" that was specifically designed to be unintelligible gibberish and promoted as such by the CIA in a cultural battle with the then Soviet Union, which favoured realism.

Did I say I liked it? No, faggot I certainly did not. I stated its not brutalism. It's modernism. Just because they are both concrete, doesn't mean shit. Aqueducts are fucking concrete

Brutalism is the certified BoS architecture! Only Institute autists and Freedora degenerates get triggered by it!

>It's absolutely savage inside.
Tell us more?

That one's really cool, in the picture it looks like it's miniature almost from that angle.

Well there's different styles within it, with that said the one I posted of the individual house might have been a bit extravagant.

Brutalism has no heart, Historicism has no soul, Critical Regionalism is where it's at. Buildings congruent with their age, culture and context.

I like my architecture nice and glassy

Do you post on HR sometimes? I swear I remember you.

Come home white man.

Tacky as fuck desu. Ornaments ≠ beauty

The fact that you not only like brutalism, but called it patrician, actually made me angry

well played OP

>Traditionalism looks so much nicer, especially in European cities.
It looks gay to be honest. Brutalism is more alpha.

I was always wondering if pic related is Brutalism or not?

Not sure what style this is but it's early 1900s and my fave building in the world. There's also a lot of beautiful Victorian houses in my city. Loads of Georgian ones too but not a fan of them, a lot of them are kinda dank and depressing

oh thats pretty fukin sweet too. gives off saint's row kinda vibes.

Any excuse to post Poundbury.

Pic related.
Both buildings are brand new.
Poundbury is a town built entirely in the traditional style. 90% of architects hate it because it doesn't look ugly.

This town square is going to be one of the prettiest in England. And that's for a town of no more than a few thousand people.

That looks so gay, like Hobbit land in Middle Earth... Sorry man, Brutalism looks so much more bad ass.

Patricians were the elite, nobles of ancient Rome

this looks really art deco

is this NYC?

That's ugly..