General Radiohead Israel concert controversy thread

youtube.com/watch?v=hkP5mkizmyc

>"I think there is just as much reason to boycott Radiohead playing in America as there is with Israel."

>"America funds Israel's military and gives them weapons so they can wage war against Palestine."

>"Journalists supporting this boycott are not real activists, they aren't really doing anything, they're not making change, they're basically wagging their finger at Thom Yorke and then patting themselves on the back for it."

>"It would be better for Radiohead to perform in Israel and say something meaningful while they are there then to not play at all."

The whole argument for Radiohead not performing in Israel relies on this false idea pushed by the boycotters that performing in Israel shows a tacit support for Israel's actions. Thom was right, you can perform in a country and not support that country's governance or actions.

stop giving this bs non-controversy attention, i don't want radiohead becoming another pillar of alt-right "muh free speech" rhetoric and these journalists don't deserve attention from either side

>Anthony Fantano
Fuck this alt-right retard.

This.

Not like he's literally killing Palestinian children by playing there.

Neither do I, because Radiohead a shit and we already have fashwave artists that are acutally our guys.
He called Richard Spencer a poo-poo head or something equally descriptive in a video. I don't think this music critic with jungle fever is actually very sympathetic to us.

he hates the alt right, he just also hates SJs. His politics seem like they're semi-progressive, Bernie sanders type shit

I don't even think he's interesting enough to like Bernie Sanders. He's just a normie.

he was massively supportive of Bernie last year actually, constantly retweeted him and praised him

Oh, nevermind then.
I don't like Bernie, but at least he's thought enough about it to support someone "alternative" I guess.

Kek. Radiohead apologists. Reminder these idiots wouldn't shut up about 'global warming' either.

Accept it. They're corrupt.

Thom Yhorke tweeted that performing somewhere doesn't mean you are accepting of the country's politics.
That's all that needs to be said.
I don't understand why you people are talking about free speech or the alt-right.

If you think global warming is real it's completely rational to not shut up about it, they can still hate Israel.

They are playing for Israeli Radiohead-fans, not the Israeli government

Sure. It's all a coincidence. Radiohead are about as legit as Al Gore or Leo DiCaprio.

Whatever you're implying only makes sense to yourself with the amount of info you've provided.

Funny how that's the exact opposite narrative then when artists where boycotting South Africa in the 80s.

The vast majority of environmental experts agree that global climate change is a real thing.

But I'm guessing you think it's just a Jewish conspiracy or something, right?

Fun fact, were not in the 80's.
And comparing the Israeli-Palestinian conflict with Apartheid is just idiotic.

Literally no one believes this nonsense anymore. And fuck your 'experts' and corrupt academia in general. Give it a rest.

And Radiohead are scabs.

Keep shilling.

Global warming is real, it has always existed.
Climate has always changed it's average temperature.
The thing is, we don't know how much the current climate change is because of the humans.
Wait, how was that shilling and for who?

Anthropogenic climate change has not been proven.

*shilling intensifies*

>Literally no one believes this nonsense anymore.

Except, as I said, the vast majority of environmental experts--the people who have dedicated their lives to educating themselves and studying it.

so glad you, the brilliant 4channer, know so much about climate

holy fuck this is such a non-issue shut up

Israeli artists themselves are calling for a cultural boycott of Israel though.

Fandango is right on this one

Oy vey, you sure got me this time goyim.

Yeah we should all just instead take the word of people and institutions which we know to be corrupt.

Come up with some new 'peer reviewed' bullshit please.

dumb frogposter

the industry plant says it's a total 'non-issue' go....guys.

bump

They really want to slide this.

Boycott Radiohead.

>They really want to slide this.
word

>it's a non issue