I'm so fucking happy right now. I hope this kills off all the shitty soundcloud rappers

I'm so fucking happy right now. I hope this kills off all the shitty soundcloud rappers.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/tardcart
soundcloud.com/antoblanko/austerity-measures
soundcloud.com/gurglesplat/gurglesplat-5th-05-of-the?in=gurglesplat/sets/5a-1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How will Lil Peep, Lil Pump and etc recover?

they will be bought by a reputation liquidator...
SoundCloud will still exist but it will get shittier and shittier until it finally squeezes out money

hopefully they wont

everyone will just move to clyp.it

They'll have to put a Lil bit of effort in from now on.

>implying soundloud isnt already the shittiest this imaginable

They're just gonna move to Bandcamp and fill it with their shitty low quality mixtape. As much as I hated SoundCloud, it was a good containment site.

what is there revenew source? subscribers and paid visibility for artists? the business model isnt that great but why now exactly?

All of these evil tech companies trying to control music need to go down.

why now?

clyp.it isn't comparable to soundcloud. It's just vocaroo with higher quality and has no use other than to quickly upload audio clips.

holy shit. I've been on soundcloud for 6 years. It's my lifeline. I don't know what I'm going to do.

lil whatever there just another short bus rapper

ayy

Consider killing yourself.

Fucking this.

nah Bandcamp serves a slightly different purpose to Soundcloud. The migration will be to youtube instead.

>implying that soundcloud rappers aren't the most patrician artists

clearly you've never heard thouxanbandfauni or unotheactivist

I'm glad I saved all my stuff on band camp...there was so much scum on there. "Here, have this free flp" then you go on some weird subscription site, you need to like their stuff, subscribe to their channel, the service channel, and then no download link whatsoever.

ur the fucking idiot for taking the b8

anyone who thinks this shitty 'company' is going anywhere is severely naive.

Where will we all go if it bombs? I've set up a backup account on Audiomack just in case

It's not going to die
Someone is going to buy it
Chance tweeted earlier saying he was working something out

What is going to happen is a major overhaul

what will happen to my list of French House music for weebs? ;_;

Fuck Artzie Music
Waifu Wednesday rarely post ;_;

this ?

forgot the pic

Yes

Also why the fuck do all normies want acid rap and 10day on spotify
It's literally free on datpiff
Does no one know how to operate a computer anymore

soundcloud.com/nandoali

soundcloud will be fine i'm sure, they responded saying the lay offs put them in a direction of long term viability

easier accessibility i suppose

spotify is convenient for normies, thats why it has all of the music industry in a chokehold.

>normies can't take 10 minutes out of their day to get acid rap and 10day but can tweet at chance all day about wanting it on spotify
Why does this trigger me so much

You have every right to be triggered. The artist is decent enough to give it away for free but the listeners just want to monetize it. Its not like it can be sold anyway, it has uncleared samples

Soundcloud is awful and I hope that it fizzles. It is a musical landfill. They should start a landfill company because they've got so much trash on their hands that they need somewhere to put it all.

>all the RX-101 tracks I haven't gotten around to downloading

Chance? Your fucking friend from work?? Say what you mean, faggot

better start applying for wendy's, buddy

wtf noooooooooooo soundcloud is awesome. very very well designed interface.

good its time to move to bandcamp

anyone know why i will have an orange notification bubble up there from time to time even though no new activity seems to occur?

i won't be checking those artists out because i'm pretty sure ur just spamming ur own shitty music

it seems like someone wants for it to go away, because it's not the first time i'm hearing "news" about 'soundcloud is over guys move to mixcloud everyone!'

just to make your hopes high, i've been there ;-;

Good time to move to nowhere
There is no way to make music profitable anymore. People won't watch your ads, they won't click your ads, and they won't pay a fee.
Most people think of music as an identity anyway. Vast majority of people don't listen to music at all. of the remaining population the vast majority of THEM are just listening to stay trendy and fit in with their friends. Just let the whole thing go tits up, I've downloaded 1TB of music for such an occasion

>I hope this kills off all the shitty soundcloud rappers.
IT FUCKING WON'T!!!

OP, you will hope to Jesus Christ himself that SoundCloud does not die. If it does, they will migrate.

Do you want to ruin Bandcamp? Because that is how you ruin Bandcamp.

We will be left with no viable platform. People will turn to YouTube, and fuck that.

this planet fucking sucks. I can barely even afford my fucking rent in this shitty shared apartment in shitty shitty Brooklyn. My girlfriend left me. I have nothing. All I want is to make music on the side and have a comfy site to upload it to.

For all of you bitching about soundcloud
what soundcloud shows you is that it's easy as fuck to make shitty music
there is no a shitload of music out there and most of it is total shit
what it also shows you that you have to be extremely good now for people to care because the competition is so fierce
soundcloud is a humbling experience to anyone who has made music for years and years and should be seen as that
however for most people it's the opposite and they think that somehow by putting their music up on the internet they are going to win the lottery
this is why you see so much shit that is impossible to sift through

it's like that one guy you know who thought he could sing
even when someone recorded him and played it back he still didn't get it that he sounded like shit
because he is basically tone deaf
even someone directly telling this person that they are tone deaf doesn't always work because then sometimes they take that as a way to defy other people and get other opinions and prove that they don't actually suck

if you didn't know this and accept that your music is shit before you put it up on soundcloud then you are a tard
however, people like me know their music is shit therefore they don't care

also, since it clearly makes spergs angry that something liek soundcloud can exist and that music they don't like is posted, makes me want to put my shit out there more to annoy them even more because they are faggets

this is why you should worship me, the tardcart
the self accepting retard

soundcloud.com/tardcart

I hope soundcloud gets shut down so everyone gets really upset and the technically clueless loose all their music and cannot migrate to a new platform

I'm ready to take a wattery worm infested shit on the next platform. Are you?

Fuck Wayne Lambright, vote TardCart for President

soundcloud.com/tardcart
soundcloud.com/tardcart
soundcloud.com/tardcart
soundcloud.com/tardcart

Shabbos goy! See what I told you? Free music does not work! The lack of a profitable business model is what's killing the industry! Now get down here and KISSĀ® my boots.

u gud bruh?

KISS is gay BDSM

Bandcamp is equally as bad lol. The trendy crowd that gave us fucking Car Seat Headrest is worth saving? Gimmie a break.
>Lives in Brooklyn
it checks out

Bandcamp is super gay this is true

youre absolutely right. Making it more expensive to promote art isn't automatically make the stuff that gets attention good. Soundcloud is far from perfect but it is still a platform for free exposure and it lets listeners provide feedback.
kek, in all honesty KISS's gimmicks and franchising is a great example for getting famous

nah

nah2

give it a rest everyone goes on soundcloud first these days
bandcamp is old and assy

Why does his hair make him look like he's always wearing one of those cafeteria hairnets

how much time and money have you wasted on your music? how else will you feel some sort of worth if you can't get a few randoms to listen to your bullshit
honestly I would like 100's of people calling it trash rather than only a few random bots giving hits that's how pathetic I am at this point

lmao

because his hair kicks fuckin ass and is metal as fuck brah

You know exactly what i mean retard what other chance would i talk about on a music board

I would agree with you

but one look at your soundcloud proves that your opinion must be discarded

you pride yourself on the apparent worthlessness of your music, and make sure your soundcloud looks and sounds like shit. but upon listening, you can hear your inner self desperately clawing after actual musical merit - you've got promise lad, and you can't hide it; to some extent music is like a window into the artists' soul.

by your logic, why do you continue? if you know your music is bad, why keep uploading it everywhere? secretly you crave creative mastery. you're a walking contradiction.

>"I'll just accept that I'm shit so that I never have to work hard!"

It's because I've spent a lot of time and money on shit, and I try with everything I make. However, I know that I'll probably not ever "make it" in terms of anyone really caring. So having someone listen and bitch about it is nice because then they at least listened to it. I try hard to do my own thing, but I know that it's not there yet, therefore getting feedback is nice. For 10+ years I just never posted my stuff anywhere because I never dumped that much cash in becasue I used to steal software.

When I got a real job I bought the good stuff that I think is worth it. Like Gaybelton LIVE!, and Rob Papen stuff, and got Elektron gear and some Arturia shit and some Moog pedals and some Korg stuff. So I finally dropped money. Therefore part of me wants someone to hear it now because I actually spent cash.

That's part of it. Also I wish I could get to the next ladder rung, where arrangements are top notch which is where I struggle.

Making something not shit takes a lot of time and at some point you want someone to see it.

You can't escape that feeling as an wannabe artist without some serious self mindfucking

also I'd love to work with someone locally in person like who actually put some time in and gave a fuck when it got difficult
have few friends who toss me some shit here and there but since it's remote and they've got crazy jobs there just isn't the time there to go full bore
not that I've tried looking myself of course, it's just a nice thought that crosses my mind
someone good at the things I'm bad at to make it hoss

How does this happen?

regardless of the quality of their soundcloud, there isn't some huge gap in talent between sc producers and the guys that work with kanye or sia or 21 pilots. If he had a couple more plugins and filters then all he would need is some promotion and a semi-celebrity feature in order to have his 15 minutes of fame. The glory of something like soundcloud is that it gives musicians a bridge to work together in order to create a fanbase or to collaborate to make something of redeemable quality. Otherwise its just four labels who dictate what is being bought by the majority of consumers.

im working on it too

pleasedon'tcometobandcamppleasedon'tcometobandcamppleasedon'tcometobandcamp

I wouldn't get caught in the "needs more stuff" loop
after warezing almost fucking everything to going to a legit setup really you realize there's only a handful of things you should pick and they should be things that you like
there are only so many DSP algos for filters it's the interfaces and quality of software that makes any difference
a low pass filter is a low pass filter

Damn we can't have shit in this world can we? Shit justs dies like fuck

upload your music somewhere else?

Why would moving to bandcamp make a difference? There are already thousands upon thousands of ignored pages

any possible way to backup the whole site? I know the storage for that would be impossible but hopefully some user can do it.

Are you this retarded?

Fucking RIP. I'll miss afternoons of shuffling through mashup tracks and memeshit

soundcloud.com/antoblanko/austerity-measures

> Irish Dream Pop

WAIT FUCK

DOWNLOAD EVERYTHING NO SHIT I CAN LOSE MY LIBRARY LIKE THIS

true

soundcloud.com/gurglesplat/gurglesplat-5th-05-of-the?in=gurglesplat/sets/5a-1

you could download this before it goes

>Liquid Drum & Bass

he he

It's shit and you aren't a musician.

kill yourself pleb

WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THE AFX TRACKS?