A punk musician should not be good at playing instrument. This is necessary for any good punk bands

A punk musician should not be good at playing instrument. This is necessary for any good punk bands.

If a punk musician is doing any fancy shit on his guitar or whatever, it implies that he took lessons or something, and that makes him a sellout.

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. You probably like to get your face smashed in mosh pits like some sort of retarded masochist. Look how cool I am, I injure myself! Grow up.

no

i totally disagree. well played punk is always better than the opposite.
minutemen > black flag
bad brains > the germs
and so on

I don't understand why taking lessons would make someone a sellout

>minutemen > black flag
no true btw
also greg ginn is a good musician

I'm a part of what some people call the "alt-right" and it feels punk as fuck. It feels like an actual counter culture, or rebellion against the PC culture that dominates American colleges.

And I don't play any instruments.

guys hes saying if you take lessons or what to sound good in any way then youve sold out to the man, man, you want to improve yourself, not punk bro
its not punk as fuck, you'd get kicked in the face at a real punk show, its definitely not counter culture, there's no such thing as the "PC culture that dominates American colleges", but you wouldn't know, you're obviously underage and lacking in higher mental faculties and judgment.

Because punk is people's music and lessons are for snobby bourgeois

well i took piano lessons once, now i play bass, guitar, and banjo, which i taught myself at them. Im not that great but I can do some fancy shit so this whole post it actually terrible and whoever posted it is obviously just mad they suck at music.

Or they could've practiced on their own y'know

That's quite the opinion

worrying about what is and isn't punk is poser shit

You're a dumbass and you should lurk moar if you can't pick up on blatant pasta

The fact that I said it, and so many of you are reacting with disgust like this proves that I'm right. The alt-right is punk as fuck. Enjoy being politically correct and offended by everything, and convincing yourselves that you're not a part of the mainstream culture :^)

What if they developed skill overtime? It's pretty hard to keep playing guitar and not get better.

>the fact that people are saying im wrong means im write
obviously no one can be this stupid

but for real, how fucking new are you?

you confuse being new with being bored

So, every "Punk" band should sound like Crass? I think not.

Have you ever heard of D.J. Leibowitz? I'm not sure he's still alive but he's a solo artist and plays punk rock on, of all things, A GRAND PIANO! You should go to You Tube and look up his version of The Dead Kennedys' Holiday In Cambodia.

I don't think you got the point of the post Poster was DISAGREEING with OP

I'm part of what some people call the new millennial left and it IS PUNK AS FUCK! It feels like an actual musical protest movement very much like the folk music counter culture of the late 1950s-early 1960s. A reaction against the racist/theocratic/xenophobic/homophobic culture that dominates the political landscape and punk subculture of today!

ALT RIGHT PUNKS FUCK OFF!
NO TRUMP!
NO KKK!
NO FASCIST U.S.A.!

Please read the above statement and KYS!

So like punk is the people's music, right? And the people need money to be able to buy the resources they need to survive, right? What's wrong with giving money to some dude who just wants to teach people stuff just so that dude can live? It's hypocrisy similar to this that made me leave the scene; hell this one's actually kinda tame compared to the dumber shit some of these people legit believe.

this.
I once played in my friends shitty punk band for 2 shows while they were looking for another bassist, and those guys were the worst, they didn't think I'd be able to handle their music because I had been indoctrinated by "the man" about what music was. Long story short they started up their song and I played circles around it, and they were impressed but also they had some weird sense of pride that prevented them from admitting how dumb they were.

>everything is transparent except for that one black mark
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ITT why punk is a bland image based movement full of bland music.