Hey Sup Forums iam going to start growing one or two plants for personal use in a closet grow and wanted to know if a...

Hey Sup Forums iam going to start growing one or two plants for personal use in a closet grow and wanted to know if a 40watt full spectrum led light would do the trick iv heard less are good for the low power consumtion will it work ? Pic is some lemon haze btw

Other urls found in this thread:

420magazine.com/forums/how-to-grow-marijuana/81264-how-grow-marijuana-everything-you-need-know.html
cropmaster-hydroponics.co.uk/ace-of-buds-966-p.asp
htgsupply.com/products/mother-keeper-complete-grow-tent-system
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No. Go HID.

Yeah but I don't feel like buying an expensive balast just for a £20-30 light

What do u think about that one looks quite good for the price

I'm a grower myself with some experience under my belt. The issue with the LED lights is that many are cheaply made and if you want to be absolutely sure they're good you need to buy and try them out or throw down at least a thousand dollars. I managed to find one that does very well for vegetative growth but for flowering I haven't found anything that beats my two thousand watt HPS lights.

U can use cfl bulbs, 25W 6 - 8 of them should be enough. and tape aluminium foil on the inside of your closet. sockets for the bulbs can be bought for cheap at dollarstores.

You'll at best get 5 grams of bud with such a small light. If it's sold as "40W", it's power output is, in reality, probably closer to 20W. It's a common thing with LED lights.

Not worth it. You also should be vary that the plant will smell during flower, so if there's worry of any visitors finding about about your grow, you will need a carbon filter.

I'm growing with one of those right now. Just started a few days ago so can't give proper feedback yet. It's not really 300W though. It's 135+/-5%.

I agree with Unless you're going to spend silly money on the LEDs, you'd be better with HPS. The LEDs would probably be ok for veg so you could save some money on the bill there, but for flowering you really need hid/hps. Light is the plant's main source of food, remember, and it's just not worth skimping on the light during flower imo.

The only issue with a HPS for him is that in a closet that heat will buuld quickly. He may be better off with CFL lights, for a personal grow they will be fine. I use multiple 1000watt HID but I grow for money.

So no to leds then will cfls do the trick cos I no idea what hids are or were to get them ?

Fair point. I use 2x600w but in a bedroom with cold air intake and carbon filtered extract and it still gets pretty warm in there on hot days.

Cfls will do fine but you will need several of them.

so why won't a 17w LED do it?

Right so how many cfls and what wattage would u reckon I need its a small closet enough for 1-2 plants

I veg under CFL, they are fine. LEDs need a few more years of development before they're any good at an affordable price. HID just stands for High Intensity Discharge. Usually this meand High Pressure Sodium or Metal Halide lamps and there's no way of running them cheaply. That said, they more than pay for the electricity they use in extra yield when it comes to harvest time.

You want a minimum of 50w per square foot of growing ares.

So what do I use for flowering hid cfl or ?

Remember guys iam talking about a closet pic related its the closet

HID is always ideal but in your case cfl is what I recommend.

420magazine.com/forums/how-to-grow-marijuana/81264-how-grow-marijuana-everything-you-need-know.html

If you're just growing some BS plants for your own head, disregard almost everything everyone is going to tell you here.

Step 1: Get some decent sized pots (A gallon or so)
Step 2: Get a bag of Promix
Step 3: Get a bag of Happy Frog potting soil
Step 4: Get a cheapo T5 light fixture from Home depot or grow store
Step 5: Put T5 grow bulbs into said light
Step 6: Grow Cannabis

If you're not planning on going balls out on a commercial setup intending to make market quality cannabis, then a T5 will serve you fine. It won't make great weed. But it will make weed and you will have something to smoke on the cheap.

Addendum: When you get your bag of promix/happy frog mix it with a 1/3rd cut.

So 3 scoops of Happy frog, 1 scoop of promix. Mix it together till it's even. This soil alone will contain almost all the nutrients you need to get your plants through veg till they're ready to flower. You'll need to add some liquid nutes later on right towards the end of veg. But this soil alone will get you 80% of the way there.

2 x 600w HPS. Seedlings and cuttings go in a tent with a big CFL then they get 2-3 weeks vegging under the hps before flipping them into flower.
Ultimately light is food so the more you put in, the more you will get out. Like user said above though, anything other than cfl will cause problems with temperature in a closet grow.

*2x600w is what I use.

What if I use autos will I just need like cfls for the lot or does it not change

You need at least 100W if CFL (remember sunglasses to avoid snow blindness).

>will it work ?
YES

It will be a weak wispy plant, but it WILL work.

Never done an auto but I think you just give them 20 hours of light a day start to finish, and they flower based on age rather than photoperiod.
Tbh, if you just want to grow your own smoke then has it spot on. This along with autoflowering seeds should get you 3-4oz/plant with minimal effort.

So 100w cfl with two autos with good soil/perlite mix tin foil on the walls of the closet nutes and a fan does that sound right for a closet grow ?

>remember sunglasses to avoid snow blindness
This. The UV they give out also increases the risk of cataracts developing when you're older. Most grow shops sell uv glasses, I think.

Yes now were talking guys keep it simple and if these pic are all your grows what strain are they just curious and thank to everyone that helped appreciated bros

You'll need a carbon filter on your extractor fan, to kill the smell during flower, and I'd get mylar rather than foil if you can but it sounds like you're pretty much there user.

Yeah can get it from Amazon bro and can u not just keep a window open trying to do this really quite cheap

Ok complete noon on growing
How would I tell between male and female plants, bout how many seeds should I try to start with in case some are duds. If I let it get natural light most of the day and an led light at night would that be ok?
Any helpful tips.
I'm looking to grow for myself maybe on occasion a friend
1-2 plants at most

You don't want the area around your house stinking like a grow.

Noon* autocorrect.

40 watts doesn't sound like enough light. LED lights are interesting. But you need a much larger one to flower effectively.

Yes they're all my grows but I honestly can't remember which is what. I name the file now. I've done Northern Lights, White Widow, a few variants of cheese, Grapefruit, Bubblegum...to name a few. Right now I have 4 cheese, one bubblegum and one blueberry bubblegum.

You can just leave a window open but it's a security risk, and in the UK it's one of the things they specifically tell people to look out for as a sign of a "drug factory".

Ok so will this do 200w cfl with socket

HIDs generate too much heat and suck up too much electricity. Buy a decent LED. No, they're not cheap. But heat is not as much of an issue and power consumption is much lower than an HID.

Bro I live in a tower 11 storys up were most of the people ether smoke it or grow it them self but ill try get a cheap one

If you're buying autoflowering seeds, they'll probably be femimised as well. I always get feminised seeds, and between me and a mate that also grows I've seen one male in 20-odd grows. You'd be unlucky to get one, but if you ever do, pull it up and get rid of it asap. You definitely don't want your girls getting fertilized and putting their energy into seeds rather than THC laden flowers.
>pic related; a male

Saved for reference thanks for the tips

That looks perfect user. Very similar to what I've got.

You know your own risk best user. Sounds like you could probably get away without one.

Yes bro Defo getting it then and I could mate even just walking in the block u can smell grows in different closes but don't think the police are going to say much about 1-2 personal plants

Welcome dude. I hope it goes well. One other thing I would recommend is a plant food called Ace of Buds. I grew 8 plants once and just gave it to half, to see if it was making any difference. Turned out the difference was about an ounce a plant.
cropmaster-hydroponics.co.uk/ace-of-buds-966-p.asp

Also that looks nice how far u from harvest if its yours

Light Cycle
Light Cycle
Light Cycle

thats all you need to understand, mother nature can do the rest

That's an old pic. Current is 3 weeks away. 4 cheese, one bubblegum and one blueberry bubblegum

Is that it bro ?

That's the stuff. Worth every penny. Seriously increases the density of the buds.

Nice had some blueberry bubblegum last week it was good man

Your mom wants you to go organic.

Do u add with the nutes or is that what it is ?

I add to nutes. I grow in coco and I use Canna A&B, Flowerburst, Liquid Carbload, BuddhasTree PK and Boost. Also some pH down as they prefer a slightly acidic environment. Then (pH adjusted) water only for the last two weeks before harvest, to flush the plant of excess nutes.

That stuff ?

Use sunlight you animal

I live in the UK dude there isn't a sun

Lets clarify a couple things here...

Watt for watt a CFL, T5, or HPS / HID light will all generate the same amount of heat.

The difference is lumen output, which is the important factor.

These idiots talking about watts are just that, idiots. LED's can be okay for beginners, but in a small closet like that your best bet is probably a 250w fixture that can run both HID/MH as well as HPS for flower. Set up an exhaust and intake fan and you'll be fine.

nigga have you never used a fucking camera before??? that is the worst picture I have ever seen.

To expand on this;

HID and MH bulbs run on an electronic or digital ballast put out more lumens per watt of electricity than both CFLs and tube style lights.

LED's typically put off less lumens per watt but they have a lower beam angle and more control of spectrum intensity. I just picked up some T5 LED's made by Philips. They only use 24 watts and put off 3700 lumens with a 120 beam angle, compared to conventional 4 ft floros which run 54 watts, put out about 5000 lumens, and have a 360 degree beam angle.

Here, the LED is 2x more concentrated and requires 30 less watts per bulb, the trade off is 1300 less overall lumen output. Make sense? Another useful figure, 1 watt of electricity generates 3.412 BTU's, but lighting generates slightly more.

Yep, that stuff. That's the only one they have all the way through.
>pic related

How do u mix that do u mix it with ph water

Also do I need all that other stuff or can I use the canna a&b with the ace of buds when flowering or am I talking shite

first off,im going to agree with the others, a 40 watt bulb is a waste of time. look at this.

htgsupply.com/products/mother-keeper-complete-grow-tent-system

you may have to give up tendies for a few weeks but its affordable.i really dont give a shit on what kind of soil you use but keep it down to 4 plants and learn a rewarding hobby.

I half fill a watering can with water then use syringes to measure the food. Then top up the can to mix it up. I then have a bluelab nutrient meter and a pH meter, borh of which you just dip into the water and read the measurement off the side.

No, you don't have to use everything. The minimum I'd suggest would be a&b, Ace of Buds and Liquid Carbload. The sugars really bring out the sparkle in the flowers. You want crystals? Use carbload.

It's a dead link bro and wtf are tendies lol

kek, you got muslims invading and your government is worried about weed smell is evidence of a drug factory. just as bad as us amerifags.

works for me, google htg supply. also if you have a hydro store in the area, pay in cash. last thing you need is a paper trail so the cops can trace you.

kids. KIDS. kids.

i know i may start a world revolution here. but you can steal an hps all over the place. it's those faggot lights on top of garages, in front of warehouses lighting the garden, name etc and whatnot.

remember...free hps.....free hps.....*whispers*.....

Ikr? Some peoples priorities are fucked up.

damn, that shit looks delicious, strain?

Defo bro most they can do is I get a fine if its more than 19 plants that's when u might see jail but doubt it really its a fucking joke man

No user not going to commit a crime from committing a crime

Were u from bro u UK as well ?

depends on what state u in. trying to get that shit put on the ballot, got some good shit like keep up to 10 oz in your house and keep 2.5 oz on your person. 12 plant limit but you can buy licences to grow more.

I honestly can't remember, but by the date it's probably either White Widow or Northern Lights.

Yeah, a guy I know helped set up and run a grow for a guy with cancer that wanted to try oil as a treatment. He was busted with 300 plants and about 2.5kg of bud. He got ordered to do 80hrs unpaid work.

Yeah, Britfag here too.

U got any other platforms we can talk after this dies ? Only if ur willing tho up to u tho

make a space bucket.