How do I as a non american even begin to get into watching/enjoying NBA?

How do I as a non american even begin to get into watching/enjoying NBA?

don't bother. it's more rigged than sawker

Just like any other sport. Start watching games, find a team that plays in a way you like or has players you like. Start following that team and rooting for them.

Honestly though, the NBA is far and away the least entertaining American sport. 90% of the regular season is irrelevant, so the players barely try. The playoffs are alright though.

Hard to enjoy watching the NBA considering how singularly dominated it is as a sport. Literally only the Golden State Warriors or Cleveland Cavaliers are worth watching. Every other team has 0.00% chance of winning anything.

Its a top heavy league. The elites build long periods of success. The bottoms can never overcome.

The NBA is shit. I like basketball but it's blatantly obvious games are fixed.

Honestly you'll probably have a lot more fun following college basketball.

what he says:
don't even bother

nighoop is trash

get a plastic bag and a container of airplane glue. pour the glue into the plastic bag and start huffing. now you will be able to """"enjoy"""" the nba.

Don't
The fewer non Americans who watch our sports the better

Don't bother, watch MLB instead

if the nba is rigged why do they make it so predictable with the same teams

fuck off with that shit dude, i know some white dudes who can fucking ball

Just watch the games. Only American League worth watching imo

Just watch College Basketball. NBA is rigged as fugg and it's gonna be the same 4 teams in the finals for the next 8 years anyway.

Don't watch college basketball. The good players leave after 1 year and the game is terrible

start by watching college basketball

I mean, teams like the Thunder, Rockets, and Sixers are still amazing to watch.

this is the weird thing i've noticed about basketball singularly

why do people love watching teams that aren't theirs? i'm sure you only watch the thunder for westbrook, the rockets for harden, the sixers for embiid. none of those teams are going anywhere

this sport is so superstar dominated, it's crazy. its the only sport ive ever seen where people care more aobut watching individual players play than actual teams and dont care if only 3-4 teams a year have a chance

not him but I'm a native sixers fan and they're definitely coming up.

Spurs were dope during the worst sixer years because they were less talented in a better conference than LeBoon.

So in answer to your question, obviously it's fun to have a contending team to watch instead of your home shit team.

We east now though, the point is moot in my case.

i understand the sixers are on their way up. my point about how NBA fans seem to care more about individual players or watching "good or fun basketball" than their own teams is so weird

Just watch the playoffs. There's really no reason to watch the regular season

No, that's baseball. NBA has too much scoring to be 90% boring. You can just tune in and watch niggers hoop for 5 minutes, as long as it's not already garbage time, it's at least mildly entertaining.

It's also got some fresh memes.

Maybe they dont have a home team.

Watch the game with a fan who knows their shit. Once you understand 1/100 of what's going on, you may have a favorite player or team.

you don't
the sport takes absolutely 0 skill
all you have to be is near 7 feet tall and you're good to go
the rules of the game allow the refs to dictate play, and even decide games
and after all that, the teams are horribly imbalanced and only like 2-3 have a realistic shot at winning the championship in any single year
it's quite honestly one of the worst sports in existence, you're better off watching competitive table tennis

NBA is the only American sport worth watching. The most action and by far the most intelligent fans. As far as teams to follow just watch all the games you can, there are a lot of fun teams. For me personally it's Boston because it's my home team.

Watch the Knicks, baby

It'll be worth it when we win the ship, whenever that will be

Watch this guy

For me, it's Vsauce

i really picked up the NBA in 2010 when the bulls started to be good. i watched them RELIGIOUSLY even though i am from california, like i would watch on shitty early 2010s type streams of CSN chicago.

then as the years went on, and the bulls dominated the regular season just to get fucked by the heat, and as lebron reached final after final, i started losing interest in the sport.

then the warriors come in and start dominating and im surrounded by a ton of new fake warriors fans in my area

i started realizing how watching most of the game is pointless because of how many baskets are scored so that scoring loses all meaning.

how only 3-4 teams have a title shot so why the fuck should you watch 90% of the teams in the league

how the league markets superstars rather than teams, and fans care more about superstars and "fun teams" than their own team

really got disillusioned to this game

To get the true NBA experience you should always watch games while your white gf is being bodied by a bbc. The louder and more annoying she is, the more I usually enjoy said game.

This. It is literally more fun to follow the Warriors than my Bulls right now.

But 95% of Eastern conference games are boring as shit.

>watching an overpowered super team that is guaranteed the title instead of your home team because its "fun"

you're literally the problem with this sport

> watching something that is more enjoyable for viewing than something else because of some billionaires who don't even give a shit about their own franchise or city

you are literally what's wrong with sport as a whole.

Take that back or you can catch me outside

>entitled millenial warriors bandwagon fan that is routinely mocked on Sup Forums