Ask someone who's worked at Subway for 6 years anything

Ask someone who's worked at Subway for 6 years anything

how does one work at subway for 6 years and not find something better?

Is it fresh

I'm unmotivated and lazy. I make $9.25 per hour, I could have a better job paying around $12 but that would be a lot more difficult. Also free subs helps a lot with the food bill

It is at the store I work at

Why do you lie? Why are your footlongs only 11"?

so you'd rather be poor than work a bit harder and make twice as much money?

How often do you think of killing yourself?

If you are called a sandwich artist, why can't I have a fucking Mona Lisa rather than post-modern paint splatter smashed in the bag with the wrapper literally stuffed into the sandwich and not even wrapped around it?

I'm not poor, I have around $3000+ in my bank account. A lot of my friends are in debt and working paycheck to paycheck.

Just because it's called a "Footlong"™ Doesn't mean it's going to be 12 inches long. Also you don't need that much food for one meal anyways

Not that often

Just before closing when I ask if I can have avocado and you say you're out

Are you REALLY out of avocado? or just can't be bothered to get more?

Because whoever makes your sandwich probably sucks ass. I make good sandwiches.

Also how many toppings you get will effect how the sandwich looks in the end. If you get extra of every vegetable, double meat, and like 12 sauces on it it's not going to look great. The bread can only hold so much, especially if you have an amateur sandwich artist

how old are you? $3000 is broke unless you're like 17

Ok, so I work a "difficult" job making $16.50 and have been doing it for over a decade. I applied myself and gained a lot of knowledge which has made it pretty easy and allowed myself to reach for greater challenges. So what is it about people that keeps them from doing what is difficult? It seems to me that people think obstacles area never ending thing rather than a one time hurdle that you master and move on from.

Seriously, nothing pisses me off more than watching someone give a half ass attempt at something because they can only see difficult rather than learning and mastering. So why? Why the fuck don't you push through and become better? The rewards are real even though it starts as a struggle.

That missing inch is the reason i have trust issues.

Also Bruh im 6'6" A meal is two of those bitches.

>sandwich artist

Is the food really fresh, or like, just left out for a few days

Width or height?

As far as I know Subway is not doing avacado this year, we didn't last year either. It wasn't very popular at the store I work at at all and we ended up throwing a lot of it out anyways.

Lmfao fair enough

When I ask for black olives, why you guys always have to put a pathetic amount of black olives?

I WANNA TASTE THE BRINE BITCH

can i ask you for 6 years anything?

Meh, when I worked there I made a pretty fucking decent paycheck. Well, not the paycheck per se, but the supplemental cash I took home. The place didn't have cameras, a modern register, or anyone supervising the night/closing shift besides ourselves. I'd collect money for some sales but not actually ring them up. And when they did promotions for say three foot longs for $x, that not only made it easier, but it also brought in more customers. I'd usually take home at least $50-100 on slow nights, and on busy nights I could end up with up to $300. Generally I'd end up with about $500 + my check + tips at the end of the week.

I'm a machinist now and make a decent wage to begin with, so I don't have to do shady shit to make ends meet.

you're also a cuck for always coming in just before close. and what the other guy says is true, most places havent had avocado for almost two years now.

is it a standard practice for them to harass you about dressing? I always say no and they ask me if I'm sure like 2 times after. It's so fucking annoying. Like I'm going to change my mind in 2 seconds.

Lol

Literally, the only reason why, is regulation. they tell us 3 olives for every six inch, unless you ask for more, in which case, open your fucking mouth.

Harassment is doing it the second you get in line. what they're doing is making sure you arent a retard, saying "that's all", then after its wrapped up, going " Oh, I wanted this and this dressing on it." Literally, half of my customers are certifiable retards.

That's just what they're called, I don't unironically call myself one.

I'm just lazy and unmotivated

Most things are considered expired after 48 hours per Subway rules, and once they're expired they get thrown out ASAP. I eat the food too and I do not serve the customers anything that I would not eat myself

Ask for more olives retard. There's a girl that comes through and asks for "A shit ton of black olives" and she gets a shit ton of black olives

No, but if you don't say anything about "Dressing" I am going to ask if you want any "sauce" on the sandwich before I close it, because a lot of fucking retards forget to say they want sauce and then make me unwrap the sandwich and open it again to put the sauce on. Or they call and complain that they didn't get any sauce even though they didn't ask for any.

Also, should mention, Not OP, but still work at a subway.

If i don't say anything about dressing, I get it that they are going to ask me if I want dressing. What I'm saying is annoying is if I say no, don't ask me 2 fucking times after If I'm sure. We already established I don't want dressing. Nobody is going to say no 2 fucking times then back pedal and want dressing. Don't pass the buck on other people being retarded either.

Why do niggars want so much mayonnaise?

mayo is cheap, and what they're used to growing up as niggers,

I'm thinking of buying a subway. Is it difficult to run one? how many employees are there in total?

Is your boss balling in cash? or is he some weird Asian or Arab dude driving and old car who only wants moe werk! moe werk!, u cum saturday and sunday.

Do you get drunk before some shifts?

He's balling in cash but he owns 2 other subways and he's there pretty much every day. He's an older guy who just needs to cash out and spend tiime with his family. He's really cool and chill though. My store runs really nice and rakes in cash though, i'm sure there are some that run like shit.

I've had a drink before work but not often. I am hungover/still slightly drunk from the night before a lot.

I work at subway and always load the subs with olives.

What's a good combination of ingredients that people wouldn't normally think of? I'm sure you've tried everything

Not op but also work at subway I like simple stuff my go to is herb and cheese bread, rotisserie chicken with shredded cheddar jack toasted, then spinach, lots of sweet peppers, olives, onions, tomatoes, mayo. Sometimes ranch too. Subway employees post your go to!

Tuna with bacon and sriracha sauce if you like tuna.

Chipotle Sriracha sauce and Ranch is a good combo, or just Chipotle ranch and mayo or something.

Sweet onion sauce, mayo, and ranch is a good combo sometimes too.

Oil and vinegar makes a lot of sandwiches a lot better

I have tried everything but I can't really say what you'd like without knowing your taste. Also the breakfast sandwiches are cheap and really good with southwest sauce on flatbread, you should really try one if you haven't

I once saw a lady getting a sub with just white bread, ham, and mayo. WTF? I could make that shit out of my bridge right now. why pay close to 10 bucks for a combo at subway. I felt cheated for her.

My store got rid of sriracha. and I agree on the oil and vinegar. Salt, pepper, oregano

Ever think about finding a career that might interest or motivate you and pulls in more money?

If you like what you do and have what you want then more power to you, just askin tho...

Why is it that when you burn a sandwich you guys offer a free cookie

so do you guys put the chips in the bags yourselves or do they already come in the bags? ive always wondered that.

>best sub

Steak or Italian BMT .

Italian herbs and cheese bread, swiss cheese. TOASTED. Then add Mayo, mustard, southwest chipotle souce, seriacha and ALL veggies. And top it off with salt and pepper oil and vinegar. FUCK! now I have to go to subway in flip flops and shorts. My planned frozen burrito meal now looks like shit.

Questions for subway employees.

How often do people mispronounce herbs and cheese?
How much does it piss you off when you ask if they want cheese and just say yes. Then you ask what kind. And they don't know what the one they want is called.

How much does it piss you off when people ask for lettuce or spinach last on the sub?

People do that. Or they just get "white bread, lettuce, ham, american cheese, mayo" If you're a grown man and you order something like this, I instantly respect you a lot less.

It's probably burnt because the oven is a piece of shit. Also cookies are cheap and very expendable. I could eat 20 a day and it would be fine, we throw them out all the time.

they come in the bags, as does the lettuce, spinach, and all the meats.

Sounds good tbh i'll try it next time I work

Yeah oven is probably broken I've never burned a sub

Story of dumbass cutomers?

>How often do people mispronounce herbs and cheese?
Often enough that I don't care that much

>How much does it piss you off when you ask if they want cheese and just say yes. Then you ask what kind. And they don't know what the one they want is called.

Quite a bit but they're just stupid. I used to get mad at customers but i'm really used to it so I don't care unless they specifically go out of their way to cop an attitude or be a moron.

>How much does it piss you off when people ask for lettuce or spinach last on the sub?
Not that much because it's not me who's going to be eating the sandwich with half of the lettuce on the outside of it.

It pisses me off a lot more when people order their whole sandwich and then wait until they're at the register to tell me they want another sandwich

Some guys kid ask for cucumbers and chipotle sauce on his sub, didn't like it and said he didn't ask for that. Dad demanded another sub i told him I can't make him another sub for free. Told me that is ridiculous and I started laughing at him.

Why is every subway in my town staffed by illiterate mexicans that get mad at me when they fuck up due to not speaking english?

Oh man yeah that's the worst, after you take the gloves off and they're like ok and I need 2 more subs, how bout paying separately for like 6 subs.

Because your living in a shitty area?

Upscale Seattle suburb. It fucking sucks. At least there is one hot white girl with the thicc booty that I get to enjoy sometimes.

FAKE NEWS
my subway has avocado, as do all the ones in my surrounding towns. This user never held a footlong in his life!

I always ask to get some bread scooped out of the middle so there's fewer carbs and more room for toppings (and it toasts nicer imo).

Is this a popular request and does that make you think worse or better of the customer when they ask for it?

What do you do when an inspector comes? Like from head office

is your name Jared and do you touch kids?

Nah doesn't bother me at all, actually making a sub like this is much easier to fit stuff in and close.

The same thing I do every day. She likes me and I talk to her sometimes. She's really lazy and doesn't really give a shit what we do even though we do everything right

I mean, why though? Why not move up to a better position or better job?

>It pisses me off a lot more when people order their whole sandwich and then wait until they're at the register to tell me they want another sandwich

Wow, those are just assholes or simpletons. They don't get the concept of other people's work and moving the line along.

I used to work as a grocery store cashier back in college, and some motherfuckers would wait till the last minute to take out their wallets. To realize that they didn't have any cash on them. then we would have to go through like 5 credit cards to find the one with a balance left. MAN! that pissed me off. In the meantime the line kept getting bigger and bigger.

Or the asshole who would say before finishing paying "Ooops, I forgot the milk, let me go get it." With 4 people waiting to pay behind them. Some people just don't give a fuck. They think the whole world revolves around them. FUCK CUSTOMER SERVICE. My respects to the people who deal with the public everyday.

Am subway inspector.
Pretty easy job
Go into store
Point out broken shit
Type up report
Leave
Profit

And this is the reason some of us went to school and made something of ourselves. So we wouldn't have to deal with the public.

>some of us went to school and made something of ourselves. So we wouldn't have to deal with the public

education doesn't save everyone from dealing with the public. Just imagine how many trashy people cops have to deal with every week. Or the poor ladies doing social work. Same with the medical profession. My cousin works as a registered nurse in an infant intensive care unit. And gets head aches after listing to parents bitch and attack her about their kids not getting better. Or why it is best to disconnect little Jimmy. She gets paid for it, but it still not easy work.

Same with psychologist. Just imagine having to hear peoples bullshit day in day out. And most are mentally broken individuals. No thanks.