So my friends are starting a band and they want me to join even though I have no musical ability whatsoever

So my friends are starting a band and they want me to join even though I have no musical ability whatsoever.

What instrument is the fastest to learn and wouldn't sound out of place in a jangle-rock type project?

the tambourine

just play a rendition of 4'33'' on the triangle alongside the band

Keyboard in a pop band is really easy you honestly just have to hold down the chord the song is in and add a little sound to the song

and if it's an uptempo rock band, you can just slide down the keys before heading into a bridge every now and again.

chord is like the tone right? and my buddy has an old keyboard he bought 3 years ago and doesn't use, might be able to snag it from him

Hahaha OMG. Somebody else on this board knows 4'33. I'VE NEVER HEARD ANYONE MAKE A 4'33 JOKE BEFORE

This, except maybe follow the actual chord progression throughout the song. Even normies will notice if you're just playing tonic the whole time. Most rock songs though are just I - IV - V so it shouldn't be to hard to follow along. Get a little arpeggio in there and 80% of people will think you're fuckin Mozart.

LOL!

Never fucking post here again.

i've decided i'm going to venture towards melodic screaming

Keyboards aren't hard to start out on but way harder than guitar to get good at. Maybe try percussion or bass, or even guitar.

The piano,just follow the chords and play some simple arpeggios and you're set after you get a bit better look at yt tutorials on piano playing for popular pop/rock songs then move to something a bit harder but still simple like Fur elise and moonlight sonata to improve your skills

I learned at a young age that my fingers are just too fat to learn guitar or bass. I always hung out with the band kids but would always embarass myself when i tried to strum or anything

He's gonna sound like shit if he follows this advice. If he wants to keep it simple organ would be a better choice

Easy- be their singer/lyricist

>even though I have no musical ability whatsoever
The first question is WHY do they want you to join? Are you a girl that can attract listeners? Do you have a car that can hold them and their gear? Are you a siamese twin of one of the other members?

can you please kill yourself?

>too fat
>for bass

Nigga you're gonna need big ass man fingers to hold those mammoths down

Just play bass. Easiest instrument to learn.

Are you guys stupid? He's mocking the guy who originally made the joke. Autismos leave. You never understand jokes or sarcasm and ruin everything with whining.

Bass.
Literally none in live shows would care/listen it/or/and/understand how it works.

Yeah, I got that. That's what my post was referring to. Are YOU retarded that you couldn't get that?

It's gonna be shit but if you can keep a rhythm pick bass or drums.