What does Sup Forums think of my first gun?

What does Sup Forums think of my first gun?
Gonna buy it by the end of next week

What is it?

Read the fucking filename

if you're gonna get a 22, get a ruger 10/22, take-down version if that why u like the ar--7

Why would you buy a Henry survival rifle? Are you going to go innawoods?

It's a novelty .22 rifle.

Because he is gonna be a burly outdoors man in mamas basement!

>implying I know what a AR-7 is.

There's a board for you gunfags, back on it.

>>Hurr Durr can someone teach me how to google?

This is what you actually said. This is not OP

oh yea, i have one, awesome

its neat but idk if it would be a great first gun

Holy shit, that looks hideous

>implying

You're a faggot, user. A huge faggot.

Thank you.

ar-7 looks retarded get the ruger like says

And now that you've posted you don't own a gun yet, have fun getting traced and robbed tomorrow lmao

Not a REAL gun, but I do have plenty of airguns and knives

yaneed onna deez m80

They used to sell these things in the JC Penney catalog
back in the 70s/80s.

I suppose it has it's uses - the catalog one was even waterproof.

But since gun fags won't be able to rub one out
over its caliber or magazine,
it's kinda destined for the dust heap nowdays.

Heard they aren't bad, but like dude said the Ruger takedown is better. Ruger does cost more though, so if money is an issue you can't go wrong with the Henry.

It is a great gun for simple survival in the wood. Not a very good shot, or very consistent. I've had 2 and one was unbreakable, and the others stock broke into pieces.

Nice! How's the accuracy on the thing?

pussy shit, get a 9mm or .45

you'll shoot your eye out!

Those are neat, but wouldn't want it as a first gun. Get a Ruger 10/22 take down.

It's a cool concept. I heard the accuracy isn't amazing but then again it isn't meant to be a target rifle

pretty good, i've shot 2 inch groups from around 25 yards, little far for it's intended use but still fun to try for distance

I haven't shot a fuckin firearm since I got out of the military about 10 years ago.

Now all I want is a beautiful engraved double barrel winchester.

Don't feel bad. I've had guns my entire life. I currently have over 20 guns. I had never heard of an AR-7. Looks gay.

Woah that looks cool. I can imagine the accuracy and distance not being very good but if it's something that I can carry in my car for self defense I'll definitely consider picking one of these or maybe this one

I'll bet you could replace a double barrels pivot with a precision ground but removable pin with a pull clip on the end, and there you've got your easy breakdown rifle without it being a piece of shit.

if i saw this first i would have bought one, but i'm glad i saw the henry first, wanted something more compact, i pack it every time i go on weekend trips

>self defence
>assembly time

Why not just have a normal one?

25 yards is shit range for a rifle. Better off just getting a broom handle Mauser.

thats a shity gun

>.22
mfw

That's the ticket.
Now all you need is $60k for a nice double barrel shotgun.

There is 0 reason to own that thing except to stash in a survival kit. In any other situation just use a real gun.

Shit. Ill take my .40 over an air gun. Where do you live OP?

If you're counting on that in a survival situation, you're not going to survive long anyway.

>Ruger 10/22

My first gun. Love it. Easy to clean and maintain. Cheap to shoot. Takedown is pretty dope, the regular ones are rad too. Easy to swap furniture and personalize to the teeth.

Only complaint is it really will make you want to get something bigger like immediately. Its fun, but the rush is fleeting. I went from that to a Yugo Mauser.

I have 4 ar-7s. One on have put more than 10kbrounds down the pipe. Regular maintenance, never any problem. They have tight action, and won't cycle subsonic ammo, but other than that it's a great camping/canoeing/truck gun. Shoots in straight lines, ive eaten many grouse thanks to it.

the ar-7 is way more compact, both are plinking type 22 rifles, both would do in a pinch if you needed to hunt small game

It is not a self defense weapon or even an effective survival weapon. The .22 LR it uses is to light to be effective against anything bigger than a rabbit. The range and accuracy is not good to the point you would be just as effective with a bow or throwing a rock at the rabbit. It is just a novelty rifle.

Why specifically an AR-7? It's a gun with a specific purpose, but if you're not intending to use it for that purpose then it's kind of pointless.
There are much cheaper, more accurate, and overall more comfortable .22s

Like?

A .22 lr is not even ideal for self defense.

>It is just a novelty rifle
so is a mosin nagant and people buy the shit out of them, there is always going to be a better choice in someones opinion for why you want any firearm

Actually, OP, staring down a side-by-side will stop anyone in their tracks. Not a bad idea.

plus you can throw shot in one and a slug in the other, so if you do have to shoot, you can decide if you need to immobilize them running away or just blow them in half where they stand

lol that is the beauty of the double barrel.

looks like a toy. they sell these at wal mart?

You do have a point. Most people but Mosin Nagants because they are (or at least used to be) cheap.
But that is also the most common gun to use 7.62x54R. There are so many guns that use .22LR.
Not trashing people who like or want the AR-7, just curious as to why they've chosen that over all the other designs. I

only if your shot placement blows, i can put 10 rounds of 22lr from a pistol in a group the size of your palm from 7 yards out, put your palm up to your face and tell me you'll be getting up from that

fuck these are gorgeous

Are you shitting me??
The Mosin–Nagant was a military rifle from the late 1800s. It was not designed as a novelty. If you want to by a novelty rifle go ahead but all it is is a novelty not a survival weapon.

right, depends on why you buy anything, i bought mine for the exact reasons why the thing was designed, a compact rifle for emergency use

Not the best choice in first gun, but not a bad choice either depending what you want it for.

I have one I keep for camping trips.

true, but that would not be a first choice if the shit hits the fan, especially if you own an ar or ak platform firearm

how small is your dick?

This and the Henry are for different shit. I'd take the Henry over the Ruger for boat trips.

Terrible rifle. Work in a gun store and this thing gets shit talked non stop

True for the modern day but the point is it was not designed as a novelty. The AR-7 was designed too look neat but is not very effective for anything aside form target plinking and keeping rabbits out of the garden. I would defiantly not trust my survival in the wilderness to that gun.

Around 6 inches or so, to be honest

I got a KWC 2.5" snub .177 gas revolver (uk laws)

Tuned to 11.8 ft/lb (legal limit without license is 12)

You sure showed him.

no way, pots pics faggot

>Post pictures of your penis
>Faggot
I'm sorry, how does this work?

What's even the point? You get attacked by a bunch of nignogs and scream" ready, set, go" and fire that thing in the air hoping they get confused and think they are in a race so they take off running?

Here's mine...

It's light. Handle's adjustable for easy carrying, good for righties and lefties. Breaks down into four parts, undetectable by x-ray, ideal for quick, discreet interventions.

A word on firepower: titanium recharger, 3,000 round clip with bursts of three to 300, and with the Replay button (another Zorg invention) it's even easier. One shot, and replay sends every following shot to the same location.

And to finish the job, all the Zorg oldies-but-goldies:
- Rocket launcher...
- Arrow launcher, with exploding or poisonous gas heads. Very practical...
- Our famous net launcher...
- The always-efficient flamethrower. My favorite...
- And for the grand finale, the all-new 'Ice-cube System'!

Mind the little red button on the bottom of the gun, however.

Henry us ar-7 survival rifle. It's actually a pretty handy gun to have if you're going camping or what have you.

The AR-& was originally designed for airforce pilots as a last ditch tool. It was meant to be used to kill small animals for food.

I guess if you're buying it specifically to have one it's a decent buy but if you're looking for a useful compact .22 there's a ton of better choices including light weight handguns in .22LR that are far more accurate.

Fuckin' .22 you should get a 10/22 instead if you want a reliable range plinked

I think you are mistaking a gas pistol for a cap gun. At about 12 ft this will not kill but cause enough damage and pain to stop an intruder in my home.

Also. Its the most powerful weapon i can own legally in the (without a license)

came to say this

Lost

edgy/10

At 12 ft it would be just as effective to hit them with it. Nothing against you, work with what you got but your laws suck.

what was sexier in that movie the girl or the gun?

Ruger 10/22 is better.
Of course, if you want to do something other than plunk or varmint shoot, a real rifle is better than both.

People have been killed by pellet guns. I don't know if you realize this, but it doesn't take gunpowder to make a gun powerful. Sure, it's not as good, but it's better than nothing.

Its hard being a gun enthusiast in the UK. But like you said, i make do with what I have, I have 2 smk db3 .22 rifles aswell but no pics as they are in lockup and its 5.00 am here haha.
But they are around the same ft/lb pressure aswell, awesome for rats, squirrels, fox's, birds.

Gary Oldman as Zorg.
That's the villain I've wanted to be my whole life.

Yeah I know it is all you can have hence the " your laws suck" part. I just would not trust my life to something that has that light of penetration power.

hey he was doing it for the greater good

I've heard they have jamming issues and some people complain about accuracy.

Fuck they outlawed air rifles in Germany years ago cause the Krauts were engineering them to be sniper rifles.

If I recall, they went crazy high speed first, which was dangerously quiet enough, then brought them back down to subsonic to make them all but silent.

Leave it to the germans.

Great pick op AR 7 or any 22 is a fun little rifle. enjoy yourself. It's convenient for camping really compact. Get yourself a nice pump action or maybe a
.223 bolt gun. Maybe even a AR 15 if it's easy enough to get in your state

The thing is. Is that i almost guarantee, my attacker in the uk will have a knife at most. If i put all 6 rounds into his face at 6ft... I will win

absolutely the best takedown ever!!!
i fucking love that thing.
doesnt do well with a scope but, oh well

Weihrauch make high powered gas rifles. I used to have one and it went though my wall and out the other side when i was fucking around with it.

.177 .20 .22 .223 or .25
..... Go

If you raise what looks like a real gun to his face you will win, if all he has is a knife. You'll have made it instantly clear he's outgunned and he'll flee, however in the heat of the moment, you've raised the stakes so high for him he may try to strike you as he's fleeing to throw you off him, but though that's rare, it's a total gamble. We had to sit through classes of this shit studying psych, human behavior and threat responses and shit. The human is a simple animal, but unfortunately not all that predictable.

kek

somewhere in the distance, a churchbell made a light (((tinggg)))

.22 but use subsonic rounds

I think yout missing the point that at 6ft this will 100% pierce flesh... 6 shots to the fave WILL put an attacker diwn at that distance

I understsnd what you said. But your totally neglecting this firearm, like it us incapable of causing damage. When in actual fact. It is highly capable of it at close quarters

Its why i swapped it fir my revolver. Too powerful to have lying around my apartment.
(I have idiot mates too, who would have definitely thought it was a toy)

And for all of your bolstering the UK police will toss your ass in jail if you actually shot anyone with it, and if they're brown skin they'll add hate crime charges as well.

This is very true.

thats legendary op!

id if wonder how strong the lateral strength is

can it be slug rifled?

we need to get the second varient made by the germans/czechs

i want a pump magazine....

How severe is your autism?

I've been wanting to buy that exact gun too since i hike. its a pretty noobish gun, but its more about being able to carry something easily with you.