Defend listening to NIN in 2017

Defend listening to NIN in 2017

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=O4H5h-oHvuo
youtube.com/watch?v=EJ51kW684FM
youtu.be/UR26Fo1972c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I have a little dick

It was hard to defend listening to NIN in 1997, much less 2017. The band was a mallgoth punchline even back then.

I only pretended to like them so people would think i was cool. They've always been a shit band.

^^^ Imagine being this retarded.

Trent is actually better than he's ever been, he's truly made strides in the last decade or so as an accomplished artist.

If you were there, you'd know. NIN fans got their heads shoved into toilet bowls when I was a kid. Trent Reznor would get namedropped in shitty sitcoms as an example of an archetypal cartoonish goth.

Maybe he shouldn't have a wrestler name like Trent Reznor then people wouldn't be laughing at him

>Trent Reznor would get namedropped in shitty sitcoms as an example of an archetypal cartoonish goth.
Thank you for reminding me that this exists:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=O4H5h-oHvuo

I'm still in high school mentally

current state of rap and indie is shit

Now he also looks like a wrestler.

Looks a lot like Spoony

white suburban bible belt child detected

>Spoony
>Trent
>Brock
mhhhh

defend your hostility towards the nine inch nails. why do you feel threatened by the big man with a big ole dick who likes to have fun?

cause he's /ourdad/

Yeah. That's pretty much how he portrays himself in his own music.

He may be a big man. But he's still 5'6.

>5'6
trent reznor more like manlet smolznor

OOOOOOH sick!

How can the strongest pygmy of industrial music ever recover?

by lifting wheights as the frustrated little boy he is ;^)

>Defend listening to NIN in 2017
I like the music.

what is the alternative to nine inch nails in 2017? what should i be listening to instead? do you hate nine inch nails or do you just hate the this kind of music in general in which case i can discard your shit opinion right now?

You know he's right.

Funny how in retrospect, the whole message of The Downward Spiral was invalidated by Trent actually becoming a big man full of trentosterone instead of killing himself.

Like, "Big Man with a Gun" is abruptly cut short by "A Warm Place" as if to signify that the protag realizes he's got it wrong and that he should kill himself instead of getting huge, but it's really contrived and awkward and it sounds awful, He cut it short just to convey a message that turned out to be wrong.

I bet Trent really regrets butchering "Big man with a gun" now that he knows firsthand that it's actually the song TDS should have ended on because it's got the right message.

3Teeth does some good industrial rock that's way more solid, and not whiny.

It's not artsy and fancy and dramatic like some of Trent's stuff but it's fucking catchy.

3Teeth is fuckin thr--..frankly solid, yes, but mediocre in a lot of cases and doesn't have the magic of NIN, the dramatic and artistry showcase of NIN is what makes it special.

user, I am not sure if you are memeing, I am autistic as fuck, but Big Man WIth A Gun is a song in which the protagonist rapes and murders someone just for the sake of feeling in control, he goes batshit insane.
He isn't even big, notice that in the song he puts an emphasis on the gun, he is not the big man, it's all about the gun, notice how much doubt there is when he says he has a big dick.

3Teeth is bland and boring in most cases, doesn't even come close to NIN.

NIN is bland and boring in most cases too, and doesn't even have good singing most of the time.

>ghosts 5-8 never
youtube.com/watch?v=EJ51kW684FM

Well at the end of the day, why even get huge if not to feel like you COULD rape and murder someone if you wanted to?

>blatantly ignoring NIN's god-teir production, mix and engineering

First of all, you admitted to 3teeth being boring and second of all I disagree, I find NIN albums to be amazingly exciting from beginning to end always taking you on a journey with each track trying something else in most albums.
As for the singing, I find it good and sometimes the vocal performance is really great, it is raw. Trent's voice perfectly fits.

Of course I'm ignoring it and so should you, it's usually wasted on underwritten tracks that can't even get a solid groove going.

>not liking TDS
>you've never been abused

this, because i'm an edgy industrial faggot who needs the metal bangs and the bleeps

I genuinely enjoy it.

These desu

don't tell me what to appreciate REEEEEEEE

Why should I defend listening to a god tier composer who won awards both for the band and his work outside of it and also created amazing records and never, ever released a record that was flat-out bad?

>journey
yeah, a journey through vague emotional angst and doubt with the occasional angry outburst if you're lucky.

Meanwhile 3teeth takes me on a journey through kickass riffs, tight grooves and pumping beats that make me bang my head, clench my fists and move my fucking feet cause that's what music does when it's good.

>I find it good
that is a mistake on your part, you might wanna correct that. He sounds like an awkward, insecure version of Phil Collins.

>never, ever released a record that was flat-out bad

i've got some bad news for you

I don't think TDS is about being abused so much as it's about feeling compelled to abuse everyone because you're really insecure cause you're 5'6

also being abused is nothing to be proud of.

better than PHM in several regards

also he didn't release it, that's a bootleg

>yeah, a journey through vague emotional angst and doubt with the occasional angry outburst if you're lucky.
Something tells me you never cared to understand a NIN record or properly looked at the contept of The Dowwnard Spiral, Fragile or Year Zero.
It isn't vague at all and the way it represents depression feels much more real as the artist himself was going through depression, The Becoming for example is amazing way to showcase depression, not the feeling but the illness.
Bootleg, you are scratching the barrel. And frankly again, it is not flat out bad, whichi s fucking surprising seeing how it is a fucking bootleg of unfinished Pretty Hate Machine songs and tracks that weren't included in the album probably for a good reason on Trent's part

I've never heard this album, is it worth trying?

oh I check out NINterpretations and bits of interviews from time to time if only to see if I'm missing out on something and to get what the fuss is all about.

But at the end of the day the music's just not that engaging and the whole self-pity wankery is never expressed in a really poetic manner, so it's not worth dwelling upon. Besides, depression isn't very interesting to read about unless you're what's commonly known as an emo faggot.

youtu.be/UR26Fo1972c
Check it out for yourself man.

it's a demo for PHM

it's okay
less dancey, more barebones, clumsier, more emphasis on industrial experimentations

No?

Purest Feeling was a great first draft for when he was fleshing out his song. The man was in love with Depeche Mode, and he still is.

Sound*

yikes

>self-pity wankery is never expressed in a really poetic manner
Person who has genuine depression is not going to be poetic with you.
Besides, again, you've read up into NINintepretions, but listening to stuff like The Fragile in its entirety (I know, it can seem to be too fucking long) really feels likea genuine wonderful, angry and sad journey.

I don't get the point about music not being engaging, stuff like Just Like You Imagined is the most engaging thing ever and gets me on the edge of my seat everytime that wall of noise covers the track towards the end, but I guess I will not be able to change your view on NIN and that's cool. Not everyone will have same music taste and that's good because then this board would be boring as fuck.

I wish he'd hire a singer who sounds as good as Dave Gahan instead of trying to sing himself.

Having a versatile singer with a deeper voice and a good range would honestly improve his songs tenfold.

I really like Trent's voice and his singing voice. It's unique, kidna like Roger Waters a lot of people hate/love his voice too.

hows your demo coming OP?

>Artists are trying to make music to please the tastemakers taht tell the shep what to like.
>I see a lot of people making formulaic, made to please, vegan resturant patron-type shit.

Picture related, desu

i would also like to see him work with more artists. but not manson. and not how to destroy angels. and not niggy tardust. actually fuck it, never mind.

>Person who has genuine depression is not going to be poetic with you.
That is not an excuse for writing lame lyrics. I'm not interested in listening to something genuine, I want something that is nice to listen to. You know, good music.

I agree that Just Like you Imagine is a very engaging song. It'd be nice if NIN's discography had WAY more songs like this and WAY less atmospheric soundscapes and half-assed bloop songs like Came Back Haunted.

But no, the situation isn't cool. Your view on NIN and 3Teeth is still wrong because you prefer the former to the latter (then again maybe 3teeth will end up becoming really soft and dull at some point), and that isn't cool.

I love Trent, man. One of the most sincere guys in the biz.

It's a real shame David Bowie died, I would love to see proper collab with them two.

As I said, that is a mistake on your part.

Yeah. Now David was the kind of singer NIN needed

tfw in the midst of his relapse Reznor really wanted to start a How To Destroy Angels project and was looking for a female singer to take the front regardless of what genre they played.

tfw Aaliyah was earmarked.

>But no, the situation isn't cool. Your view on NIN and 3Teeth is still wrong
No, you're wrong, 3teeth's msuic is unnispired as it comes. Are you that same user from the other thread who just wanted NIN to make Broken over and over again?

And I believe engaging music is something NIN has always focused on, most songs do not even sound like Came Back Haunted. what about majority of the slip? 1,000,000? Letting You? Head Down? Demon Seed? What about Beside You In Time? Fucking Burning Bright or In Two. What about almost entirety of Not The Actual Events?

I honestly don't see what you see in 3teeth, it sounds like poor man's Nine Inch Nails if anything. How can you tell me that their stuff is enganging? Stuff like "Consent" is fucking boring, 3teeth are not even that heavy, even NTAE is heavier. There is nothing interesting behind it, some tracks are catchy, yes, but that's it.
Their debut album suffers a lot, a lot of the tracks blend into each other and sound exactly the same. There is some good stuff on there but as an entire album it barely manages to be mediocre.
Yes, I'd rather take NIN's genuine lyrics which sometimes may not be great, even though I'd argue they are far better than people give them credit for as there is emotion behind it, I don't get that from 3teeth in the slightest.
honestly it's not a very good alternative to NIN at all, Youth Code's Commitment to Complications would be much better one.