Guitar thread? Post your axes Sup Forumsois

Guitar thread? Post your axes Sup Forumsois
What's everyone playin these days?
Pic related is the only one I still own that I care about.

not super into those shredder looking guitars, the jag in this pic is my main guitar

actually here's most of my guitars, I also have a shitty classical guitar i keep in my car and an old epiphone strat style with a floyd rose, all black

I can respect that. I used to be a pop punk kid and then just wanted to get back into metal. So, half of me wants an HH Tele or a Les Paul, but I love my Schecter to death.

Alright, there you have it. 2 guitarists on Sup Forums
Good show m8

i play acoustic

Main guitar. She sounds beautiful

I've only played a few Gretsch in my time but they do have an amazing tonal quality to them. I get why people like em.

That's why I fell in love with them. The smoothness, the twang, and the bite when it's through an overdriven amp

>tfw youre not good enough at the guitar to justify spending a shit ton of money on a good one
feels bad

I've just never been into a twangy tone until recently. I got BIAS amp vst and I can dial in anything, but I typically write and play metal. I've been wanting to delve into a more alternative/light project though to try and expand my theory knowledge. Write things minimalist that speak volumes. No pun intended.
I've literally only bought one guitar, that Schecter, that cost me more than a hundred bucks. Buy used or buy a piece of shit. You can always swap pickups or upgrade when you get gud.

I would kill for a 12 string! I also forgot to post my acoustic. Too lazy to go pic it. It's just a Takamine G or Dreadnought style or some shit like that.

Damn, six string and fretless. That things gotta be a bitch to play haha. I only ever owned one Jackson. Took it back the next day because the Floyd basically fell apart on it. Sounded good while it worked though

I walked into a shop one day planning on buying a $300 12 string and then saw that one there for $600 and I loved it so much more that I picked it up instead. The Bass is just a standard high-end Mexican Jazz bass. I have 3 more guitars, an Epiphone sg, a fender 6 string, and a shitty Barracuda strat look-a-like that I took apart and I'm painting the body right now

Nice, versatility is always good. Jazz is always a good place to start expanding your theory knowledge. It does the best of illustrating the relationships between different chords and modes, which a strong emphasis on voicing

Got the bass for a steal, Guitar Center used for $350, and the Jackson I got because fuck it why not buy a 7 string to fuck around on for $150. Pickups are a bit muddy on the jackson but the neck has no goddamn business being as good as it is, the fretwork is astounding for a budget model.

I don't play enough acoustic to justify a 12 string for myself, sadly. I've been looking at a Schecter bass recently. I'm kinda just whoring for Schecter at this point but like, I just love their sounds. I'd rather buy what is consistent than try to deviate and experiment for now. I actually painted twice now. Second time to what it is, first was bright orange and blue. I called it Goku xD
Truth. I never get time to play that in depth anymore. At best I have time to noodle around.
The more I listen to Tosin Abasi/Animals as Leaders, the more I want to just dive into an 8 string. And yea, it's amazing how much something as simple as smoothness on the neck can change the guitar entirely.

Out of the dozen or so 8 strings I've played I honestly havent liked any except for the Javier Reyes signature from ltd, 7's just feel more natural in my hands than 8's.

The Ibanez 8 I played wasn't bad but it was also stupid expensive. They are very cumbersome to try and play but I would like to get into it.

My custom guitar. Best thing I've ever played in my life so worth the extra cost

I've been playing my first guitar, a basic piece of shit classical for a year and a bit now. Looking to upgrade to a nice mid-range hollow body. Where should I start?

I've never seen Javier's in person. I've wanted to try it out. Such a beautiful guitar

That thing's pretty fuckin rad dude. Looks light as hell. The contours probably feel fucking great too. Sweet dub dubs too!
Hollow body like acoustic? Just shoot for a mid range Fender or Ibanez acoustic. I'm not well versed on my acoustics. Taylors are amazing but cost about 2 grand. Martins are okay too. My Takamine acoustic is about 200 to 300 these days and it sounds good enough. Not an overly full sound, but still some good twang.
I've never played it either. I know they have the true sunburst custom one and then a budget one, but I've heard that one sucks. I like ESP though. Really good shred machines.

If you wanna get into electrics, Squier is the official budget version of a Fender, Epiphone is a budget version of Gibson. Those are two good jumping on points with a cheap Marshall or Fender amp. Or buy used.

Thanks man! It's my baby. I totally prefer headless now that I have this. I don't even touch my PRS anymore and I loved that guitar to death before this.

That hannes bridge looks like it would be really nice. I used to not like the look, but now I love it

I've never played a headless before.
And PRS is another one I've wanted that I forgot about. I entered a contest on YouTube to win a PRS 24SE but I got crushed haha. Those things are so smooth to play and the tone is fucking amazing.

r8 my stuff guys

Fender/10
I like Tele's but I need it to have a humbucker in it. I just can't dig the single coil tone. It doesn't do it for me.

gay and looks like old people furniture

get a Texas Fat Strat.

I took a leap in the dark with mine. It was a new model at the time for the builder and I never played headless before.

If you ever get yourself a custom 24 SE putting Schaller M6 locking tuners on it was so worth it. You don't have to make new holes, it adds a little weight at the headstock, but it feels better balanced. It even noticably improved the tone and the tone is already really solid

I like the HSS setup. Pairing the two singles on cleans sounds so thick. I forget exactly which one it is, but the Tele with the two humbuckers is probably the one I'd end up getting if I get it.

>Watches at $ 0?
WTF?

I'm playing a blue MiJ Ibanez S Classic (S220). Lovely both clean as on overdrive. Modded to have another jack hooked up to a piezo I think? And another knob for treble. Sweet guitar.

The first time I really saw a headless being put to amazing use was through Sarah Longfield on YouTube. Chick is fucking insane. Idk how I feel about going headless on one though. I feel like it would have such a different feel than what I've played for 16 years and I'd never really get used to it. Who knows. I can't afford any guitars these days anyways.

Own this beauty...great tone from those Gibson 57 HB

Solid collection, but my first amp was a practice Crate and it sounded so fucking bad. I've never tried one of the higher end models. I've heard they're pretty good though.

Why the fuck do my pics always rotate
Inb4 newfag

Sarah is insane, have you ever seen Yvette Young play? I love her playing style.
Yeah, It took a lot of penny pinching for about a year before I could afford this. Life gets in the way of buying nice music equipment

My three current guitars

Warmoth tele

Dude, that is fucking criminal that she only has 32k subs. Never seen her before but def gonna sub.
And yea, I've been wanting to get a new bass, superior drummer and get my Schecter set back up in drop D for a while now but that's more cash than I've got. It sounds awesome in drop C but I regret going low on it.

Alright guys, I got work in the morning. OP abandoning thread.
Behave and shred on Sup Forumsrothers.

My 2 guitars I couldn't ever trade or sell.